when u start a new game.....

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
mak7ali

when u start a new game.....

Post by mak7ali »

When u start a new game with the previous save data...what happens to the stuff u didn't have in the storage?
For example..i played the first time and didn't give any old books to Alhazred....therefore i had all the old books i had collected in my storage the next time i started to play.But this second time round...i have given all my old books to Alhazred....so if i start a new game for the 3rd time..i will have to re-collect the old books?or will Alhazred have them already?
Similarly about...a few other things that u will get retain during the new game:)
Red rune

Re: when u start a new game.....

Post by Red rune »

i doubt they would transfer the books, cause they're all different books for different games, so u might as well use them now.
I'm lvl 99! plus my lvl68 party members
mak7ali

Post by mak7ali »

different books for different games? :o
Red rune

Post by Red rune »

mak7ali wrote:different books for different games? :o
Say that in suikoden 2, u decided to save the books u collected and not put it in the library, then load the data from it onto suikoden 3, the books wont transfer to Hugo, Geddoe or Chris, but u will get bonus books and scripts.

Is this the answer to ur question?

Or am i confused about what ur topic is?

Last edited on Thu Oct 11, 2007
I'm lvl 99! plus my lvl68 party members
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

you are completely confused... it was a joke.

i didn't know you could keep your Old Books for the next game. i wonder what you find in their respective chests then.. money?
SuikoMJM

Post by SuikoMJM »

mak7ali wrote:When u start a new game with the previous save data...what happens to the stuff u didn't have in the storage?
For example..i played the first time and didn't give any old books to Alhazred....therefore i had all the old books i had collected in my storage the next time i started to play.But this second time round...i have given all my old books to Alhazred....so if i start a new game for the 3rd time..i will have to re-collect the old books?or will Alhazred have them already?
Similarly about...a few other things that u will get retain during the new game:)
If you give the books to Alhazred, he will already have them when you start a New Game+, so you will not have to find them again. Same for Window Sets, Sound Sets, and other collectibles. Instead of finding these items in the chests, you will find 10,000 potch instead, since you cannot get duplicates. As far as whether or not your books carry over if you DON'T give them to Alhazred, well, I've never seen the point in NOT giving them to Alhazred, so I haven't tried it. You stand nothing to gain by holding onto them.

Also, if you don't have stuff in storage, it either means you have it equipped on your characters, or you have it in your inventory. Inventory items carry over as well, but stuff equipped on your characters go bye bye. All of this information can be found in the New Game+ sticky on the forums though.
mak7ali

Post by mak7ali »

thanks Suiko MJM :)
this was the thing i was asking.
mak7ali

Post by mak7ali »

there are still some items like the sun set of armours and the hammers which can't be carried over....
Does someone know exactly what can't be carried over?
Can unequipped saint cloaks and corruption shells be carried over to a new game? Coz i know the sun armour can't...
SuikoMJM

Post by SuikoMJM »

Saints Cloaks and Corruption Shells, yes.

This thread will tell you everything else:
http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... =43&t=5876

Should have posted in my previous response.