Missable spinach seed?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
shadowflay

Missable spinach seed?

Post by shadowflay »

I just want to confirm that the spinach seed Susu is supposed to give you is missable. Having done long back-and-forth segments such as the Chaco-pickpocket chain and the Greenhill pose-as-students chain a million times, I somehow made it through the defense of Two River without going to see Chaco's granny.

At first, I didn't even remember that you were ever supposed to, but then I realized I had normally done it in the past and I didn't even know you could advance the story without doing it.

Chaco joined as normal, but when I go see Susu now she hasn't even heard of my army. And this spinach seed is the only item I've missed the whole game, heh. I figure I'm screwed, but I've never heard of this before. I can let it go as long as only having two spinach plots doesn't preclude me from making any recipes.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Missable spinach seed?

Post by patapi »

Yes. The entire event with Susu is completely missable. And hence the Spinach seed with it.
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

So you can miss that old woman. Ha... I never knew this. The next time I'll miss her for sure.
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
shadowflay

Post by shadowflay »

Figures -- I spent way too long worrying about recipe 34, although now I know it's a lot simpler than it seems. And I didn't even guess the spinach seed was missable. But I found more info about it in the cooking FAQ and there aren't any recipes that require 3 spinach seeds -- I figure I did okay for trying to do a perfect game at the same time as trying to get as many characters as possible to 99.

It always amazes me that I still learn something new with every playthrough.