Unlocking the Bright Shield Rune

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Beast Rune

Unlocking the Bright Shield Rune

Post by Beast Rune »

I've checked the walkthroughs, and for some reason, I can't find anything about how to unlock the final spell of the Bright shield rune. I've beaten the game twice now without getting "Forgiven Sign" (or whatever it's called), and it's starting to embarrass me. Can anyone help with this?
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

The cut-off point is strict here. If you go into the meeting on the evening before Kiba departs for the Mercenary Fort without all 108 stars recruited then you will not get Forgiver Sign.

As that meeting is the only point where all 108 stars are gathered in the same place, it makes sense that it is the time when Leknaat appears to break the seal on the final spell.

Also all 108 stars must be alive, so make sure no-one has died in any battles as you progress.

The best thing to do is to check the tablet before that meeting, if you have 108 names all in white then you will get Forgiver Sign; if you have gaps then you need to go recruit people; if anyone is greyed out then you have failed in this playthrough.
Mymiridion

Post by Mymiridion »

I thought you could still recruit characters until you go to rockaxe castle to burn the flag.
Chaos would suite me just fine ~Yuber
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Kiba should be dead before you ever get a chance to burn the flag at Rockaxe.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Beast Rune

Post by Beast Rune »

Oh... My problem was that I was trying to complete "Clive's quest" at the same time, so I did all my recruiting after I'd gotten to L'Renouille... Thanks for your help in this.