max damage

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

max damage

Post by KFCrispy »

after verifying some suikoden 2 stuff i said "what the hell, i'll do my max damage thing again with Warrior Rune this time" and did it. i forgot to see if Revenge Earth raises power ("Attack up!") until afterwards, but learned that it doesn't do squat.

so here are the new max damages!!
http://www.suikosource.com/kfcrispy/killey_max.jpg 11290 + 11291 = 22581
http://www.suikosource.com/kfcrispy/kil ... leeper.jpg 22585 + 22586 = 45171

if you didn't know about this before, here's some info...
all this is possible without cheating, although you have to use the save-stone-die trick AND go beyond Killey's natural maximum stats.

Killey stats: str 255, prot 255... and for increased critical hit rate, tech 255 & luck 255
runes: double-strike (1.5x dealt and received), violence (5x 1 turn when you lose half max HP), warrior (PROT halved, then half of the amount lost goes to STR), exertion (2x by 6th turn)

a "shortcut" for activating the Violence status is to have someone use Sylph to lose 2/3 of their life then Banshee to suck HP from Killey.

enemies asleep take 2x physical dmg.

it was done against the Chick enemies around Merc. Fort, which i believe are the lowest level enemies possible (meaning very low defense) that cannot get counter-attacked (they are L-range like squirrels and bump your head) so no enemy could kill themselves as i set up the setup.

with all that being said, i used an emulator on the PC to play the game and a cheat device that works with the emulator. the cheat device works exactly like Gameshark but since i've got my handy keyboard and mouse, it allows me to put in and take out codes extremely fast, and the emulator can load games faster too. the emulator i have also has save and load state, so i was able to reload states until Killey would get a critical, then use the "Print Screen" function to snapshot the damage... if i didn't get a good shot, reload the save state.
Last edited by KFCrispy on Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
DracoFox

Post by DracoFox »

very impressive KFC. the save stone die trick always bothers me tho, cause my team is too good to die, even with armor off i can never find a good boss to do it on. on matilda glitch its easy to do it on futch hump sidequest boss fight, but you dont havemany stones yet. i use it on the groundhog underneath two river, but by then my party is pretty strong. its very tedious. whats your fav boss fight post recruting killey?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

um, i don't even use killey on a normal basis. i just talk about the theory behind 3 runes and stats and Killey is basically the best candidate for doing max damage after we've considered everything.

i don't use the save-die trick in Suikoden 1 or 2 in my regular play-throughs, and i only recently used it for getting Chris to level 99 in Suikoden 3. i do agree it's extremely tedious so i don't bother usually. if i'm going to something possible/permittable through the game, i will try to use a cheat device to just do it or won't bother at all -_-

oh i didn't mention that i did use a cheat device for this. sorry. ^_^;;
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

I wonder if Boost and Berserk cancel in S2? Berserk cancels boost in S3, but it might be worthwhile to see if they stack in S2.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

probably takes over the status (i think i've actually tried it on a Fury Rune-d Viktor) and then the status itself in this game does like 1/3 dmg or some weird loser-style crap
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

If you're talking max damage wouldn't Hai Yo be equally good (when he has maxed stats)? He has equal weapon power and everything is free for customisation.

I thought about seeing how much damage I can do with Seigfred, as his STR can go past 255. I thought about maxing his STR + PROT and then giving him a warrior + Fury/Double-Strike rune... but I think it would work out worse. Also the animals seem to have max points their PWR can reach, for example, the Mukumuku creature with 2 rune slots (I forget the name) cannot have its ATK taken past 561, so the same (but with a different number) is probably true for Sig.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yep, Hai Yo can also achieve the same feat...
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

So can Chaco, Luc, and Sid but they aren't as good as Killey.

Sigfried is a problem because of that White Saint rune. And since he has no weapon, the Kindness Rune trick won't work either.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Ced The Lad wrote:So can Chaco, Luc, and Sid but they aren't as good as Killey.
That's the difference between Hai Yo and Chaco/Luc/Sid/non-Killey 3 rune slotters. Hai Yo exactly had the same needed stats as Killey, so theoritically, Hai Yo could do exactly the same amount of damage as Killey. While on the other hand, Chaco etc couldn't due to difference in WPN stat or equipments or runes.
Sigfried is a problem because of that White Saint rune. And since he has no weapon, the Kindness Rune trick won't work either.
This shouldn't be a problem if Sigfried could reach 999 STR (so there's no need for Kindness Rune trick at all).

Assuming that he could reach 999 STR, a theoritical equation of damage dealt by him would be something like this:
999 (round to 1000 to make calculation easier) x 1.5 (D.Strike) = 1500
1500 x 5 (Violence) = 7500
7500 x 2 (sleep enemies) = 15000
15000 x 3 (critical) = 45000

So roughly, in theory, Sigfried could deal similar (probably a bit weaker due to no accessories for monsters) amount of damage as what Killey did there.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

might be cool to get a screencap of Hai Yo doing 40000+ in 1 blow instead of Killey's atk which gets split. also it's Hai Yo.... good call, i'll probably do it sometime ^_^
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

I thought Hai Yo's attack got split too??? I could be wrong though...

If that is the case, though, then I think the highest damage in one hit would be from Chaco/Sid/Rina. They all have 140 weapon power. I know Sheena has 150, but his star earrings waste the possible +20 ATK from power rings, so he is 10 points worse overall.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

No you're right. Hai Yo's attack gets split unfortunately.

Rina's strength is a little low despite having three rune slots. Sheena's strength is more suited for the tricks we're mentioning here. I'd rather have Rina hunt using the hunter rune than make her a power attacker.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Ayemelek
Elite Member

Post by Ayemelek »

Well, KFCripsy used Stones to get Killey's STR to 255, so I'd imagine he'd do that for any other character he was going to try this with. Sheena's STR advantage wouldn't mean much, in that case.
Last edited by Ayemelek on Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

I use Rina as my main attacker anyway (with maxed STR), as she is the only L range character with 3 free rune slots, she works better with double beat (can't be counterattacked) and can use kite rune on weaker enemies.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Stat Growth Chart

Ok, I was wrong. Rina's strength CAN be as high as Killey's. This chart shows it.

It should be known that even if you use the stone trick, you can't get past their maximum values, because the game recognizes the fact that Rina, Killey, Chaco, etc.'s strength, power, and other stats has limits. Therefore the chart says Rina's strength can't go past 186.

Killy has an advantage since he can equip stuff that increases his power and that's where the descrepancies lie. Sheena can equip the same things too. (although he's not as good as Killey)