[Guide] Unite item effects

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
sephirasun

Re: Unite item effects

Post by sephirasun »

Who does pretty boy attack? Is Mikolotov (<3 fayvritt) or Camus involved?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

sephirasun wrote:Who does pretty boy attack? Is Mikolotov (<3 fayvritt) or Camus involved?
Flik, Camus, and Miklotov
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

Lesiure Set...does Nanami and Riou have to have it equipped, or just Nanami?

Here's a better example. Do both Gengen and Gabocha have to equip the Dog Whistle, or will it still work if just one of them has it equipped? Cause I always thought that everyone that uses said unite attack, needs to equip said item, that increases or makes said unite attack better.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

wow. Learn something new every day.

:D

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Avalionis wrote:Lesiure Set...does Nanami and Riou have to have it equipped, or just Nanami?

Here's a better example. Do both Gengen and Gabocha have to equip the Dog Whistle, or will it still work if just one of them has it equipped? Cause I always thought that everyone that uses said unite attack, needs to equip said item, that increases or makes said unite attack better.
i'm pretty sure either character in the unite can equip the special item. i don't know if multiple special items stack... they probably don't.
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

KFCrispy wrote:
Avalionis wrote:Lesiure Set...does Nanami and Riou have to have it equipped, or just Nanami?

i'm pretty sure either character in the unite can equip the special item. i don't know if multiple special items stack... they probably don't.
I kinda figured that. Well that saves me ALOT of trouble then. I just need to get 1 of each of them then. (except for those Sunglasses. I never did use Gantestu, Bolgan and Long C.C.'s unite attack at all really.)

Thanks KFC
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

All these items, except for Sunglasses, are unique anyway.

celes
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the Climbing mini-game is buggy, i may have seen a bunch of the "unique" unite items come up after winning them.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Ok... then lets say they meant to be unique.

I can't count all the bugs and glitches in this game anymore... :( At least all assumptions I make, are based on the gameplay as it is originally intended :wink:

celes
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

CelesDestiny wrote:Ok... then lets say they meant to be unique.

I can't count all the bugs and glitches in this game anymore... :(
celes
Ugh...I know. The glitches and bugs in this game are unreal...and Konami will never release the remake outside of Japan.

Considering I heard that the glitches (from the PSP version) were removed and the game was cleaned up, and fixed. (errors and all)

Back on topic here...

That Dog Whistle for Gengen and Gabocha...it DOES work...but it doesn't always allow you to use the 100 Kobold Attack. (although part of me wishes that you could...)
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Avalionis wrote:That Dog Whistle for Gengen and Gabocha...it DOES work...but it doesn't always allow you to use the 100 Kobold Attack. (although part of me wishes that you could...)
the unite without the item has a small chance of performing the 100 Kobold Attack, the Dog Whistle merely improves the chance, possibly to 1/3 of the time.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

KFCrispy wrote:great, thanks! now combining the information, we can get some accurate information..

CelesDestiny wrote:Lubricating Oil
Raises stregth of Gadget's attacks and magic spells 1.5 times
lol Gadget's magic...
i know his normal attack does not increase, only his unite damage.
I second the lol @ Gadget's "magic". XD

So Fancy Lad = Pretty Boy? I always thought it was the one with Sasuke/Luc/Futch. o_O
ralphyu

Post by ralphyu »

do suikoden version in ps and ps2 are not same with psp version?
~To defy Me is to defy the Sun~ Arsthat Falena
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

could you rephrase your question?
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

ralphyu wrote:do suikoden version in ps and ps2 are not same with psp version?
There are some small improvements, like walking diagonally.
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...