[FAQ] The Confusion Behind Nanami *Possible Spoiler*

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Are you absolutelly certain here? Have ya tried it out???
On a side note to Wakaba, you can SAVE Nanami but you can't ever use her! You do get brief control of Jowy at the end though.....at level 99!!! :D
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Jowy doesn't join at level 99 unless you got him up to level 99 previously. Otherwise, he would join you at around the same level as Riou.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Actually I got him at level 99 when I fought with him at Rockaxe. Maybe its because of that lvl 99 glitch I got with: Anita, Hoi, L.C.Chan, Georg, Mazus and Pesmerga....but I'm positive he was at lvl.99
Wakaba

Post by Wakaba »

10 q guys today i did the part were Huan said "let me speak to you Shu :)
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Congrats on getting it to work.

And the level 99 thing must be a glitch in your case.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Are you absolutelly certain here? Have ya tried it out???
Yes, he's right. You can attack him to the brink of his life. However, if you defended the whole time, he would give up (The second duel) in three turns. If you attacked him, during the second duel, he'd try to take you down to the brink of your life as well. Payback, I guess.

As for the battle in Rockaxe, yeah, he's supposed to be only 3 or 5 levels higher than the hero when he joins.[/quote]
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Congrats Wakaba, enjoy the good ending.

Btw, to all you other pplz, is that lvl99 glitch thing common or what? I've only gotten it once but I think I heard it happened to someone else. Why is it caused, anyone?

On a side note, Jowy almost kicked my ass and all I did was defend heh.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

In all my times playing the game, (over 11 times fully) I never got the glitch. Did you all do something funny in the beginning of the game, or something?
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Well I've played it about 20 times or so, and only got it the last 2 times. I haven't done anything outside the usual.......but I did play both of the latest file from the same Suikoden I memory file. Wonder if that had to do anything with it. Only different thing I did in I was buff up every single character that came in II.....including ones like Meg and Futch which I never really use. Play about 9 more times you might get it too hehe.
JORDAN ENRIQUEZ

Post by JORDAN ENRIQUEZ »

:D Finally, I've got the good and very nice ending, I think my classmate who sell S2 to me when I'm in High School doesnt even know about this good ending, because all he know is Nanami would die in the game... but I'm sad he is not here anymore, I'm planning to share it with him but we dont have any communication right now. I'm very lucky (with the help of all of you ofcourse) to play this wonderful game. Eventhough I couldn't able to buy S3(sold out already) nor S4, I am really sure it was another nice game the same as S1 & S2.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Glad to be of help.

As for III and IV, the best option would be either ebay or look at the "buying the games" forum on here. If you liked the first two, you'll definatelly love III and IV (well I can't really say that for IV since I haven't played it, but then again I'm biased :D ), even though in my opinion none surpass II.
lucreborn

Re: lol

Post by lucreborn »

[quote="Red Killey"][quote="lucreborn"]i always use a walk through walls code lol. its fun to walk through there.

and ced i just got there again to day took off all my armor, and her arm was 62. I still saved her perfectlly. :D[/quote]
What level was she roughly? You mentioned around 25 or lower. Could you explain it to me how you achieved that? Please only lecreborn to answer. I don't want any other person to answer for him.[/quote]

well you see "Red Killey" I hate nanami with all my heart. I never use here i always let here die as i dont care if she lives or dies, even though i always get the good ending. All i did was say Nanami!!! before it hit her and it worked just fine. And she was at lvl 22 Red. Hope that answers your question.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Re: lol

Post by Red Killey »

lucreborn wrote:well you see "Red Killey" I hate nanami with all my heart. I never use here i always let here die as i dont care if she lives or dies, even though i always get the good ending. All i did was say Nanami!!! before it hit her and it worked just fine. And she was at lvl 22 Red. Hope that answers your question.
Unfortunately, I don't believe what you said. The impression I got was that you are more of the "I don't care if she lives or dies" kind of player. Since any KO'ed character in Suikoden game would automatically got revived for the next battle with 1 HP, unless you purposely KOed Nanami every single time you had her once she reached level 22 (which was probably somewhere around just before reaching S.Window), I doubt that you'd get her at level 22 only by the time in Rockaxe. Even if she only survived once anytime after S.Window event (which means getting SDS and N.Window, Greenhill infiltration, first trip to get the Matilda Knights, Neclord saga, and also the event to liberate Rockaxe), she's definitely going to have her level shoot up way above level 22.

To me, from the way you described things, you seem to not care whether she lives or dies in a sense that if she lives that's fine but if she dies then it doesn't really matter either. With that said, I find it hard to believe that you purposely prolong every single battle to make sure that she got KOed every single time before you killed the enemies.

But of course, I could be wrong.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Even if she was at lvl 22.....are you sure you know what the "good" ending is lucre? You can bring her down to level 22 and get her killed, screaming out Nanami, but unless there is a serrious glitch in the coding you cannot get the good ending. Its just not possible. The variables for that event to take place have been set and you cannot change them unless you open up the code and do it manually......which would be illegal and you'd have to be EXTREMELLY skilled in several different programming languages. I think you just confused the good ending, with the OK ending.
lucreborn

yes

Post by lucreborn »

im telling you im not lieing. yes Rilley she does get revived at 1 hp and the enemy kills her right away. and the reason she was at lvl 22 is because she acidently lives sometimes and lvls up other wise she would be lower even though ive never tested lower. But i promise you im not lieing i dont lie when it comes to video games.