[FAQ] The Confusion Behind Nanami *Possible Spoiler*

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Goldmember

Post by Goldmember »

Red Killey wrote:We are talking about the requirement of her DEF stat that would allow her to be "saved" in the end.
I didnt know there was such a requirement.
I managed to 'save' her in the end.
IRISHANDPROUD

Manchester United Fan
Celtic Football Club Fan
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

I am almost done with the tinto quest so I'll be able to get there today. If someone is near or past where I am (but before the Rockaxe event) maybe we can double-check our results.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Alright, I finally finished. I wasn't off by much at all. The magic number is 121. If Nanami's defense is 121 or over, you'll be able to save her. Anything below that won't trigger the event with Dr. Huan and Shu
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Star of destiny

Post by Star of destiny »

I know that you can save Nanami, but i dont know how, i realise now that you have to have a certain defence, which i can get easily, but when the time comes how do i save her?
"Leknaat calls me "traveler of the night and bearer of the stars". Though I see the stars that dwell within each of you, I could not possibly hope to know where fate may take you. And I myself am simply one star among many."
Argento Breesa

Post by Argento Breesa »

well actually, my sister and I used to remove Nanami's armour before Nanami was shot with the arrow. BIG MISTAKE. Her ARM doesn't really count though (does it? I have no clue really.). But my sister found out why we could never get the good ending. It's because all her armour was gone. We did an experiment then. We removed all of Nanami's good armour and gave her the weak and crappy one. When we chose the dialouge, we ended up getting the good ending. So for my conclusion, I say that you can get the good ending with having bad armour on Nanami (and not her good armour) and getting the dialouge right.
"If you have nothing better to say to me, then leave me alone." -me
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

We know that you can save her with equipping crappy armor because it doesn't matter what armor you equip her. What matters is her DEF stat (which is PROT + the DEF bonus from armors and accessories). So if Ced was right that the magic number is indeed 121, then you could equip her with whatever armor as long as the DEF is 121 or higher.

And the dialogue doesn't matter as long as you pick it quick enough (there's a time limit to choose, and if you let the computer to choose it for you because you're too slow, you'd fail to save her).
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Argento Breesa

Post by Argento Breesa »

the DEF stat matters? ok, I didn't know that. :oops:
"If you have nothing better to say to me, then leave me alone." -me
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Argh, one thing that comes to my attention just after reading the whole posts again, Ced. Are you 100% sure that 121 is the magic number? Because looking back, RPEnthusiast mentioned that he got 124 DEF and still unable to save Nanami. So did you really try and get exact 121 DEF then manage to trigger Huan calling Shu?
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

I am absolutely sure 100% that the stat was 121. I even went through and picked the other choices, not just the "Nanami" and "look out" choices. I even checked the "So we must fight" choice, "that's why I fight" choice, etc.

Maybe there's a difference in versions? I have NTSC.

Edit: Just a reminder (obvious albiet), you need all 108 stars before the seige on Rockaxe.
JORDAN ENRIQUEZ

Post by JORDAN ENRIQUEZ »

IM A LITTLE BEAT CONFUSED :?: ON WHAT TO DO REGARDING THIS ONE, SO WHICH ONE IS THE REAL MECHANISM TO BE ABLE TO SAVE NANAMI AT ROCK AXE CASTLE?
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

You need all 108 stars of destiny recruited and alive before the mission to Rockaxe. This will unlock the 4th spell of the Bright Shield Rune.

When Nanami is going to be shot by Gorudo's men you must quickly pick either "Look out" or "Nanami!!!!". It doesn't matter which one you pick, but you have to make a choice with one second to spare.

However, for Nanami to be saved, the MOST IMPORTANT stat to watch for is her total defense. Naturally, if she has armor, her defense will be higher. All she needs is to have her defense stat at 121.

If you followed everything thus far, after Huan says "I'm sorry I couldn't save her" He will bring Shu inside and speak privately. This will trigger the first scenario you need for the ending.

The second scenario you need is seen after fighting the Beast Rune. Go fight Jowy in Tenzan Pass and defend every single round. After the battle, refuse to take his Black Sword Rune no matter how many times he asks.

If you follow these steps, you will be able to see the official ending to Suikoden 2.
JORDAN ENRIQUEZ

Post by JORDAN ENRIQUEZ »

You know, I played S2 4-5 times already, I didn't know there is a good ending no a great ending like this. Thanks a lot!! :D
lucreborn

thats strange

Post by lucreborn »

thats strange every timed i played it i was on lvl 25 or lower with nanami. And all the stradgey guides never said such a thing either. as long as you say nanami it dont really matter i thought since my arm was very very low and still saved her mine was around 90.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Honestly, with armor, it's not even difficult to get it to that number. My Nanami's base defense after levelling up was exactly 120. All I needed to put on was a robe and that's your magic number.

While yours is much lower, keep in mind you have a helmet, armor, and three accessory slots. It's easy to get it there. Not to mention if you embedded a version of the Earth Rune.
star_dragon_sword

Post by star_dragon_sword »

Ced The Lad wrote:You need all 108 stars of destiny recruited and alive before the mission to Rockaxe. This will unlock the 4th spell of the Bright Shield Rune.

When Nanami is going to be shot by Gorudo's men you must quickly pick either "Look out" or "Nanami!!!!". It doesn't matter which one you pick, but you have to make a choice with one second to spare.

However, for Nanami to be saved, the MOST IMPORTANT stat to watch for is her total defense. Naturally, if she has armor, her defense will be higher. All she needs is to have her defense stat at 121.

If you followed everything thus far, after Huan says "I'm sorry I couldn't save her" He will bring Shu inside and speak privately. This will trigger the first scenario you need for the ending.

The second scenario you need is seen after fighting the Beast Rune. Go fight Jowy in Tenzan Pass and defend every single round. After the battle, refuse to take his Black Sword Rune no matter how many times he asks.

If you follow these steps, you will be able to see the official ending to Suikoden 2.
I`m a little confused.. If you save Nanami, then how come Huan sais: I`m sorry I couldn`t save her"??

WHY does he say that when u have saved her??

EDIT by Red Killey: Behave and avoid the use of foul language, okay?
...... .....