[FAQ] The Confusion Behind Nanami *Possible Spoiler*

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Ernoel

Post by Ernoel »

star_dragon_sword wrote:
Ced The Lad wrote:You need all 108 stars of destiny recruited and alive before the mission to Rockaxe. This will unlock the 4th spell of the Bright Shield Rune.

When Nanami is going to be shot by Gorudo's men you must quickly pick either "Look out" or "Nanami!!!!". It doesn't matter which one you pick, but you have to make a choice with one second to spare.

However, for Nanami to be saved, the MOST IMPORTANT stat to watch for is her total defense. Naturally, if she has armor, her defense will be higher. All she needs is to have her defense stat at 121.

If you followed everything thus far, after Huan says "I'm sorry I couldn't save her" He will bring Shu inside and speak privately. This will trigger the first scenario you need for the ending.

The second scenario you need is seen after fighting the Beast Rune. Go fight Jowy in Tenzan Pass and defend every single round. After the battle, refuse to take his Black Sword Rune no matter how many times he asks.

If you follow these steps, you will be able to see the official ending to Suikoden 2.
I`m a little confused.. If you save Nanami, then how come Huan sais: I`m sorry I couldn`t save her"??

WHY the f*** does he say that when u have saved her??
errrr.. it's because nanami wants to leave the war
star_dragon_sword

Post by star_dragon_sword »

...Okay. So Shu is lying when he is saying "I could`nt save her"?
And Nanami survives the war?
...... .....
Argento Breesa

Post by Argento Breesa »

Yes, Nanami survives the war. The reason why Huan says that is because Nanami asked him to. If Huan says before the screen fades out, "Shu, can I talk to you in private please?" or something like that then you get the good ending and you'll understand at the end. I won't spoil anything for you thugh if you haven't seen the good ending yet. :wink:
"If you have nothing better to say to me, then leave me alone." -me
lucreborn

lol

Post by lucreborn »

i always use a walk through walls code lol. its fun to walk through there.

and ced i just got there again to day took off all my armor, and her arm was 62. I still saved her perfectlly. :D
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

There must be some sort of difference in versions, because I had this tested with 4 other people. Anything less than 121 didn't work for us at all.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Re: lol

Post by Red Killey »

lucreborn wrote:i always use a walk through walls code lol. its fun to walk through there.

and ced i just got there again to day took off all my armor, and her arm was 62. I still saved her perfectlly. :D
What level was she roughly? You mentioned around 25 or lower. Could you explain it to me how you achieved that? Please only lecreborn to answer. I don't want any other person to answer for him.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Hmmm... if that's so, then maybe it's a DEF/LV thing...

Post by Guest »

Is it just me or dont u guys think that it was kind of lame when Nanami died, his bro or the hero dont even want to see her death when after Huan said that she was dead. The hero just heard of his sister's death and then gone. I guess the hero isn't too emtional or dont like his sister at all.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Riou cares deeply for Nanami.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Felsx Lightfellow

Post by Felsx Lightfellow »

umm, let me ask, for the people who hasn't got the best ending <where nanami's alive and the three of them ended up travelling together>, did you keep answering 'i can't do that' and keep in defense when riou meet jowy at the waterfall? because that also counts...

Post by Guest »

I think Nanami was hiding at Genkaku Dojo or something, and yes u must kept of refusing and defend and soon u'll get the ending. (must not defeat Joei no matter what)
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Stupid thing here is that Nanami was supposedlly hiding out at Genkaku's Dojo yet I went to that place before and after I took out the Beast Rune and noone was home.
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
Wakaba

Post by Wakaba »

I'm a newcomer here and i never new that i could save Nanami.
Please i would like to now how u save her and what's the good ending.
please some oone reply
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

1. Have all 108 stars before you invade Rockaxe.
2. Choose either option within half a second when the arrows are shot at her.
3. Make sure she has 140+ DEF rating.
4. Refuse to lead City State when you beat the Beast Rune.
5. Go to Tenzen pass and talk to Jowy.
6. ONLY Defend in the duel and keep refusing to fight him.

If you did the first 3 events right, there should be an extra scene where Dr.Huan tells you he couldn't save her. At the end he should call Shu to come in.

I think its all on the first page of this specific post section but ura newbie so hope this helps ya.
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
Ayemelek
Elite Member

Post by Ayemelek »

You can attack Jowy during the duel, just be sure not to beat him. Defending only is obviously the safest approach, though.