[FAQ] The Confusion Behind Nanami *Possible Spoiler*

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Hello everyone. Hey Red, nice to see you. Good luck on our little duel in suikox.

Anyway, big update you guys. Red brang up the issue of whether or not she needed armor to stay alive. I decided to check up on this to play Suikoden 2 for old time's sake. Levelling up Nanami twice and using one stone, I brought her to a defense statistic of 121.

I discovered something interesting. Even though she was at the desired statistic, during the whole even with the three friends and Gorudo. she remained dead after all. (Huan did not bring Shu in) This changes what we know ever so slightly.

I'm going to go through a few more defense stats higher than 121 with no armor, and I will also compare those results with a file that has Nanami with a defense stat of 120 needing only once piece of armor (the control experiment) to bring it up to 121. I'll let you know how this goes in a bit.

Edit: Experiment (Remember that 121, is the needed statistic for defense)

Nanami defense 121 (no armor) = No event triggered
Nanami defense 122 (no armor) = No event triggered
Nanami defense 120 (plus one defensive point with the bandana) = Triggered event.

I will continue to go higher than 122 to see if anything works, but it looks like you MUST have at least ONE piece of armor on Nanami to save her after all. I'll know for sure later, but sorry for not completely exploring this event. This was a lot more complicated than I thought.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Reni

Post by Reni »

I'm also trying to get the best ending by saving Nanami, but she still dies even though I think I have all of the requirements.

I gathered all the 108 Stars before going to Rockaxe but Leknaat still didn't appear during the battle against Highland and unlock Forgiver Sign.

I've trained Nanami very hard from the start and she's just as strong as Riou so I don't think her DEF is a problem.

I played until the part when she gets shot just to see if I could still save her without Leknaat appearing. I chose the dialouge as soon as it appeared and Riou stood beside Nanami and drew his weapons just like he's supposed to. But later on, Dr.Huan still didn't call Shu and she still died!

Please help me. Am I missing something in order to save Nanami?
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Reni wrote:I'm also trying to get the best ending by saving Nanami, but she still dies even though I think I have all of the requirements.

I gathered all the 108 Stars before going to Rockaxe but Leknaat still didn't appear during the battle against Highland and unlock Forgiver Sign.
Your problem is most likely one (or more) of your 108 SoDs have died during the major battle. Check the tablet by talking to Luc, and see if there's anyone's name in red (I think red is the color when someone died).
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Reni

Post by Reni »

I tried playing the major battle before Rockaxe again and this time nobody died. Leknaat still didn't apear though..

I definitely have all the 108 stars. I tried checking the tablet before going to the battle as well and there weren't any names in red or grey.

I don't know if this will help but here are some of Nanami's stats in my game:

PROT 113
MDEF 131
DEF 204
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Reni, if Leknaat didn't appear you definitely don't have the 108 SoDs. if you have Rulodia (and Chuchura), you should take note that she (they)doesn't count as a SoD(s). the reason? probably just another programming error.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Even if Rulodia turned out to be a SoD, you still won't have 108, since Ayda comes with Feather.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

err well if you get both krakkens, they have a baby krakken, Chuchura. technically Chuchura should get Ayda's star in all of the mess.
Reni

Post by Reni »

I was following a guide while recuiting the SoDs and I was aware that not all the monsters were stars. I don't have Rulodia and Chuchura. I recuited Sigfried and Feather. The guide didn't say that those monsters would prevent me from getting the 108 stars.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Sigfried and Feather count as stars, as does Ayda. sorry if this sounds redundant like cheap automated customer service, but did you lose any characters permanently in the major battles?

hm also, did you recruit all characters before they gathered in the war room? i don't know the exact order of the events anymore.. but perhaps you recruited your last character(s) too late.
Reni

Post by Reni »

I don't really remember if I lost any major characters in a battle. I don't think so because I always restarted when one would die. I wasn't too worried about them dying because the guide didn't say that that would prevent me from saving Nanami..Ahh! I hope my game isn't doomed! I worked so hard on it! :(

But I checked the tablet before going to the battle and there were no names in red or grey. Do the character deaths from previous battles show up there anyway? The only names that were in red that I ever saw were Nanami and Kiba.

When I got my last SoD: Shu, Flik, Apple etc. were already in the war room and all you have to do is agree to go to the battle with Highland and Matilda.

Please help me..Is my game doomed? :(
Guldan

Post by Guldan »

I Think You must have all your satrs before Kiba lost is life...

But all the stars must be in your team before Rockaxe assault right?..
Take care about Gilbert who is one who dies easily in the first Muse battle.

I don't even think your game is doomed...just that it's the sort of events that need to be very precise...and patient (^^)
Reni

Post by Reni »

Kiba dies ater the Rockaxe battle so he's still alive before the event. I also kept Gilbert alive in the Muse battle.

That's strange..nobody seemed to have encountered my problem in saving Nanami. But still, if anyone knows how to fix this, please help me!
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Kiba is "mortally wounded" right before you enter Matilda, which is after you agree to fight anyway. To make absolutely sure you have all 108 stars, Richmond should only have only one ????? which is one of the other 4 flying squirrels IF you did NOT get them. If you have the squirrels also, Richmond will say "Looks like there's nobody in line." If Richmond says that quote, you should definitely get the Forgiver Sign from Leknaat. Did you miss Sasuke and Mondo perhaps?
Strategy is the key to victory!
Reni

Post by Reni »

Richmond does have the ???? in his list of Stars to recuit in my game. I've got Sasuke and Mondo as well. Oh man, I'm about to lose hope already and continue the game without saving Nanami...Please help me out!!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

if Leknaat doesn't unlock the Forgiver Sign spell (4th level of Bright Shield) for you, there's no chance you're going to save Nanami. it's too late if you don't have an earlier save.