[FAQ] The Confusion Behind Nanami *Possible Spoiler*

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
RPEnthusiast

[FAQ] The Confusion Behind Nanami *Possible Spoiler*

Post by RPEnthusiast »

Thanks to the hacking community, namely psychedelist, posted a bunch of findings about in August 2019, including the real rules behind saving Nanami:
-Must have 108 stars/Forgiver Sign
-When you get the famous timed dialog, you must choose either option by yourself, don’t let the dialog window close by itself. Hero assuming a battle stance is an indication of that you’ve chosen an option successfully.
-Nanami must wear any body armor, it can even be the weakest armor in the game (Robe). Head armor, Other items and Runes don’t matter, they can be empty.

Prot and Def values do not matter. She can have 0 Prot (achieved with hacking), and 1 Def (Robe), and she’ll still survive.

-----Original post below-----
A big thanks goes to http://www.rpgclassics.com for VERY useful and rare information.

There's been a lot of confusion between Suikoden gamers about saving Nanami and achieving the best ending. There are many sources out there, but of all the ones I've seen (with the exception of rpgclassics, of course), there lacks a very important detail.

My guess is just as good as anyone else's, but I think my situation is the same as a lot of you who's had difficulty with saving Nanami.

Now, a lot of us assume that as we come to the point right before the dialogue, we can remove Nanami's precious equipment and not risk losing anything... Wrong. What a lot of sources forgot to mention was that Nanami's ARM rating "MUST" be above 180. Look like the creators took a lot of logic into consideration here. It makes perfect sense - Higher defense means a better chance of living.

A lot of us gamers don't have this problem because we sometimes don't even consider removing any of Nanami's armor prior to the scene. Hopefully this solves a lot of problems. It sure solved mine.

CONCLUSION researched by Ced the Lad
Ced The Lad wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:16 pm Alright, I finally finished. I wasn't off by much at all. The magic number is 121. If Nanami's defense is 121 or over, you'll be able to save her. Anything below that won't trigger the event with Dr. Huan and Shu
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Actually most people do remove her armor and some ended up having the problem of not able to save her until they equip her with some armor. I'm not sure about the 180 DEF stat (there is no ARM stat btw). Have you tried using less than 180 DEF ? Just to make sure that is, because no one seem to know the exact number until now.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
RPEnthusiast

Post by RPEnthusiast »

I'm sure there was such a stat in the first Suikoden, I don't see how I could have developed the habit of saying that otherwise. Anyway, about trying to experiment with different kinds of equipment to find out the exact number... I haven't done it. And I would never bother wasting my time trying to figure it out either, heh. 180 seems like a safe number to me. The exact amount doesn't matter (not to me anyway) so long as you know to keep it higher than 180.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

180 is a safe number because the real number is 120. If you leveled her up on the way to Gorudo, you should have no trouble at all getting to that stat, even without armor.

Edit: Alright, so it isn't 120 as stated. Enthusiast, if you have time, please check 130 and above. Try going at values of 10. I'm fairly sure that the number isn't too far off.
Last edited by Ced The Lad on Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
RPEnthusiast

Definately not 120

Post by RPEnthusiast »

The number is definately not 120. I still have the save file from how I had her without the armor. She still had a couple of accessories with her that raised the DEF stat above 120 (124 to be exact) - It still didn't work.
Goldmember

Post by Goldmember »

I am a bit confused with what you are talking about.

Nanami is ment to be hit by the arrow. And is ment to leave your party at this point. No matter how good her stats are.
If you do everything correct and get the good ending......all will be revealed!
IRISHANDPROUD

Manchester United Fan
Celtic Football Club Fan
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

we know that. we're discussing the technical aspects of what is required to have Nanami not die.
Goldmember

Post by Goldmember »

So what are you saying?

Is it possible to have her in your party after she is hit by the arrow?

Not that i have ever heard of.
IRISHANDPROUD

Manchester United Fan
Celtic Football Club Fan
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

We are talking about the requirement of her DEF stat that would allow her to be "saved" in the end.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

i just leave her with some robe and shes fine(i think it was the dream robe)
Eagles May Soar But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Don't waste a dream robe on her. Give it to someone else. Even if you don't use anyone that wears light armor, it still has a better chance of being useful than losing it forever.

After I help finish the stat chart for S2, I'm going to check the stat for that event in Rockaxe. If someone want to do it before, by all means, go for it.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Not that I have the save file near that, but if you do, then maybe the easiest way to test is to bring many different types of armors that Nanami could wear. So you could just switch around the armors and see the difference in DEF when she survived and not.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

I may have to underlevel her since the last time I played, she survived without any armor at all.

I thought the stat was 120, but apparently someone disagrees. Because of that, I'll treat that as the base level for defense.
RPEnthusiast

Maybe I'm wrong...

Post by RPEnthusiast »

I could be mistaken here, and maybe someone else can confirm... Doesn't Nanami's armor (after being hit by the arrow) get stripped and stored into the warehouse? I definately could be wrong, but I don't recall having filled my warehouse with actual "equipment" prior to leaving for the mission. Again, I could be wrong.
Barbarosa Rugner

Post by Barbarosa Rugner »

No i am pretty sure all her equiptment is lost after the event.