[FAQ] The Confusion Behind Nanami *Possible Spoiler*

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Runemaster

Re: The Confusion Behind Nanami *Possible Spoiler*

Post by Runemaster »

McDohl7777 wrote:I had her defense at 208, but Huan still says she dies. I remember being able to use her after Rockaxe. I may be wrong, but could someone clarify. If Huan calls Shu in does that mean she survived?
yep. If Huan does not, she dies.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
barbehque

Re:

Post by barbehque »

KFCrispy wrote:new speculation: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmes ... c=32482512
Maybe_yes from gamefaqs.com wrote:My brother played this game and did all the 3 things as you mentioned to save Nanami. But still, Nanami died.
Then I found something out. It was because earlier when you're in Greenhill, when Nanami asked to join your party, you refused 3 times, and then she still insist to join. If you didn't refuse 3 times, then it'll be alright, but If ou refused 3 times and she joined by force, she'll die..

yeah that's not true cause i JUST beat the game and had refused all three times and she survived in the end
dkid1574

Post by dkid1574 »

I didn't read half of this thread, so Im not sure if someone already answered the same thing.

I beat S2 twice before and got nanami alive in the end along with jowy ofcourse. As I recall the first time is with armor and the second time has none. This means you can save her even without armor. Just be sure that you have all 108 stars before the rockaxe event and make sure you answer FAST, any answer will do. That is where some mistakes are, sometimes you forgot that the next part is the answering portion.
Mrs. Luca Blight

Post by Mrs. Luca Blight »

is DEF same as the stat PROT?????
Currently making Suikoden fan-fict manga!!!
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Mrs. Luca Blight wrote:is DEF same as the stat PROT?????
PROT is the raw/bare defense of the specific character.

DEF is PROT+equipments.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
WichitaQ

Re: [FAQ] The Confusion Behind Nanami *Possible Spoiler*

Post by WichitaQ »

well, there's another confusion about nanami.

after you kill the silver wolf and come to the throne most of the characters will say something. the ones that cannot be there (like jowy, both version of it) just end up with "#$%$(&/) signs.
but nanami has an actual line, even though she supposedly can't be there. does anyone know what's the deal with that?
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

It's always better to program more dialog than needed to be on the safe side. Even while this is an obvious part of the story where Nanami cannot participate, imagine all those lines within the game for several for optional party members. Each time some of them throw some lines in, they exist for all chars. It's easier that way than to figure out under which circumstances a certain char can or cannot be recruited already, and therefor be part of that conversation or not.

Know about Final fantasy VII? Actually Aerith had several lines on Disc 2 and 3.
arthwesker

Post by arthwesker »

What if nanami's def. is 112 without the armor but i unlock the forgiver sign and no one died in 108 star before to the rockaxe castle and helping her with the arrows but she always died, but shu was came in?
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

WichitaQ wrote:well, there's another confusion about nanami.

after you kill the silver wolf and come to the throne most of the characters will say something. the ones that cannot be there (like jowy, both version of it) just end up with "#$%$(&/) signs.
but nanami has an actual line, even though she supposedly can't be there. does anyone know what's the deal with that?
Yeah, I hacked my savegame and put Nanami in the party, when I went there to face that good ol' Hound Dog. It does depend on her position as it does to everyone else, but in my case she said something pretty close to this: "Wha? Wha? Jowy?"

And about that 99lvl glitch, I´ve played the game for about 10 times from the beginning to the ending and I have that glitch every single time, when it comes to Jowy, Pesmerga, Mazus and many more.

But what if there was super secret ending in there where Nanami doesn´t get hit by arrow? I know it sounds like wishful thinking, and that´s what it probably is, but in Mortal Kombat there was always something so SUPER Secret things in the game. Like the rumor about fightning with that Hornbuckle guy(Liu Kang, with green clothes) they say you have to do SOOOO many things right to get 'em. What if in Suikoden there was something like this too? As a game maker, I feel the urge to put something, that people would wish to have available with something super secret method, but like with a mental thought, which would go like this: "Well, that thing is in there at least!"

Maybe I´ll go for some treasure hunting now...
CCByouknowme

Post by CCByouknowme »

I know this is off topic, but I believe Ced the Lad wanted to know if something triggered getting the scene where Pilika met your party out in front of Toto? I believe you need to recruit all available characters at that point, which would be Rikimaru, Millie, Kinnison, and Shiro. I have always recruited these characters first before going to Toto and this seems to trigger the Pilika scene! Hope this helps! :D

Rick Flair says, "Whoooooooooooooooooo"!
Avid wrestling fan!
borjitasstoi

Post by borjitasstoi »

my nanami its reveru 99 and his base its 147 but she have 247 she s survive these arrow?
brightshield

Post by brightshield »

same with her runes, on my first playthrough I lost the Spark rune because it was attached to her.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Thanks to the hacking community, namely psychedelist, posted a bunch of findings about 2 years ago, including the real rules behind saving Nanami:
-Must have 108 stars/Forgiver Sign
-When you get the famous timed dialog, you must choose either option by yourself, don’t let the dialog window close by itself. Hero assuming a battle stance is an indication of that you’ve chosen an option successfully.
-Nanami must wear any body armor, it can even be the weakest armor in the game (Robe). Head armor, Other items and Runes don’t matter, they can be empty.

Prot and Def values do not matter. She can have 0 Prot (achieved with hacking), and 1 Def (Robe), and she’ll still survive.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Then Nanami must be wearing some kind of body armor (even a Robe is fine!).
This is once again one of the incomprehensible mechanisms. To make the mere presence of any body equipment a condition.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

It's crazy how this 120 PROT (or any random number) were treated like the real value for ... forever? But sweet that we still undig these secrets!