[Glitch] window set #2 bug?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: window set #2 bug?

Post by KFCrispy »

no, to confirm it's a real bug, you need it to drop NOTHING after hitting it with Hunter.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

KFCrispy wrote:no, to confirm it's a real bug, you need it to drop NOTHING after hitting it with Hunter.

Then you are absolutely wrong. Remember the Recipe#34 glitch? Many player got only the Japanese Stew and not the Recipe itself even when using Hunter Rune. Yellow Elf only drop the item and not the Recipes. This IS a bug too. Not only when they don't drop "anything" then you call that a bug..

The Window Set#2 is no exception. However the chances of this bug occur more often with Recipe#34 than anything else. I am just very sure of it because most of my friend have this problem as well.
Grade"A"Brassiere
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

what are you talking about? i'm one of the first people to verify the Recipe #34 bug because you can get a no-drop from hitting it with the Hunter Rune. this information was discovered along with how to effectively use the Hunter Rune.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

What i mean is that you can also experience the same kind of bugs with Window #2 like the Recipe#34. Which mean when you hit them with Hunter, they either don't drop OR drop the other item. Anyway if you don't believe me then forget about my post. I just share my experience here. Thanks
Grade"A"Brassiere
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

well we're definitely leaving it up, but I confirmed the bug doesn't happen from just finishing the Tinto event. if it is a bug, it is due to some other factor. my guess would be another item drop or treasure chest open conflict, which is how the Recipe #34 and Yuzu's last sheep bugs work respectively. story events are highly unlikely to affect the drop of a specific item unless there is an intention change of enemies (such as the original Air Lizard is now replaced by an Air Lizard that doesn't have that item as a drop, but I've confirmed it still carries it after defeating Neclord). there could be another story point that may change the enemy cast to Air Lizards that don't have the item, however, the enemies in the Tigermouth pass don't ever seem to change.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

You can be correct too. The bugs is really scary sometime especially if you are aiming for a perfect save. Best is to keep several save file. So you can always load the previous file if something is not right.
Grade"A"Brassiere
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

JHawks from gamefaqs.com wrote:Umm... I never heard of this, but I for one must say that the Window Set drops for me.

Why?

Because when I played my game, I got the Window Sets after finishing Clive's event in Sajah. Because I never got the Window Set on my first run.

Why?

Because I always run from enemies when I was making my perfect file except for those who drop missable items (not including this window set since I only heard about this right now) and when I was training in Rockaxe area using the Matilda Glitch.

So I don't know about everyone else, but I managed to get it after finishing the event in Sajah.

*shrugs*
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Another thing bothers me:

After you recruited Tenkou, doesn't he normally have 2 initial window sets? Even the guide says, he posseses #3 and #4 from the start.

But right now he has only the initial one, and nothing else to choose from.

(Either way, I gave him not the window set needs for recruiting, that remains in the inventory right after he joins)

celes
Celes
Global Admin

Window set #3 & #4

Post by Celes »

I can confirm now, that Tenkou has the window sets #3 & #4 from the beginning only, if you don't fool around with him. Asking him for 1.000.000 potch that he can't offer and recruiting him afterwards, and you'll loose these two forever.

I suppose this was intended.

celes
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

heh, that's pretty neat.. don't be mean!
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

The same bug occurs for window set #1 (dropped by Tigers at banner).

I've collected all other window sets and recipes so far, but gave none of them to Tenkou/Hai Yo.

Window set #1 won't drop (tested with Hunter), no matter what I do. I've tried to put all these items in the vault, put them all in the inventory, or delivered them before testing.

It's a big mystery for me, whats the trigger...

celes
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Window and Sound sets seem to interfere each other too. This applies for sound set #1, as well as window set #1 and #2, which are all enemy drops.

I noticed so far, that delivering any of these may cause block another from dropping.

I can say for sure, that none of these interfere with any recipes.

celes
Gorudo

Post by Gorudo »

I just got to the point where I can get the Hunter Rune, and I got all the Window Sets and Sound Sets without any trouble.

And Sound Set 1 is received from Elza in Muse, Sound Set 2 is received from the DoReMi Elves.

Tests performed:
1. Got Window Sets #1 and #2 before recruiting Tenkou (Check)
2. Got Tenkou then got Sets #1 and #2 (Check)
3. Got #2, recruited Tenkou got #1 (Check)
4. Got #1, recruited Tenkou got #2 (Check)

I have verified that this works with the Window Sets

Then I verified it with the Sound Sets
1. Got Sound Set #2, got Window Sets #1 and #2 before recruiting Tenkou and Connell (Check)
2. Got Window Sets #1 and #2 before recruiting Tenkou. Got SS2 after getting Tenkou but before Connell (Check)
3. Got WS1 before recruiting Tenkou. Got WS2 and SS2 before Connell (Check)
4. Got Tenkou and Connell before WS1 WS2 SS2 (Check)
5. SS2. Got C. Got WS1 and WS2. Got Tenkou (Check)
6. SS2. Got T. Got WS1 and WS2. Got Connell (Check)

I did a ton of other variations on the above set-up. The trigger is DEFINITELY not the other WSs, SSs, or anything else. In all this I had given Tenkou and Connell all the SSs or WSs I had available.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

This game has alot of glitch which is unexplainable. The happiest thing is when you know you have got EVERY items in the game.
Grade"A"Brassiere
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

Do these problems relate to the PSP version as well? I heard that glitches were removed from the PSP version of Suikoden II...