[Glitch] window set #2 bug?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
gradeAbra

[Glitch] window set #2 bug?

Post by gradeAbra »

Well does anyone here notice that after Tinto event, the air lizard no longer drop it.
Grade"A"Brassiere
gradeAbra

Re: window set #2

Post by gradeAbra »

I just found out that after you recruit Tenkou, the Air Lizard no longer drop windowset #2.

Damn! this game is full of error and glitches. First is the Recipe #34 now its the Windowset. Just how many glitches are there in this game actually?!
I have to reload my earlier file to get my windowset. Well i wasted 20hours....
Grade"A"Brassiere
rnoron

Post by rnoron »

i hope this is false..
cuz if it isn't then my 'perfect save' wouldn't be perfect anymore :shock:
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

You have to get it before recruiting Tenkou and finishing Tinto quest.
Grade"A"Brassiere
Scotts

Post by Scotts »

Hmmm, i honestly do not see why people freak out over Window Sets and stuff. Call me old fashioned, but i like the original window and DoReMi Elf sound.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Scotts wrote:Hmmm, i honestly do not see why people freak out over Window Sets and stuff. Call me old fashioned, but i like the original window and DoReMi Elf sound.
your thoughts and feelings have nothing to do with the discussion at hand. there is apparently a technical issue with obtaining an item.

can anyone else verify this? someone who hasn't yet gotten the Window Set after the Tinto event can use the Hunter Rune to test.
gradeAbra

Re: window set #2 bug

Post by gradeAbra »

Ok just to make it clear.

I found out something important during my last playthrough(11th to be exact).

Get Window Set#1(from tiger at banner village forest) and Window Set#2(from Lizard) on your first visit to Tiger mouth before recruiting Tenkou. This is to play safe because i notice Lizard drops Window very quickly during that time. Getting it earlier is better than getting them later. After you recruited him, DO NOT give him any Window Set at all. Because if you did, you will never get Recipe#34 from Doremi Elf for good.

To get Recipe#34, make sure you don't get Recipe#12 from Eagleman FIRST. Get Recipe#34 before getting #12. For my case i keep Recipe#34 and #12 with me in my inventory. Do not to put them in your Warehouse especially for this 2 Recipes.

Only give your item to Hai Yo and Tenkou once you have acquire all the Window and Recipe "dropped" by the enemy. This include Recipe #36 from the Highland Soldier in RockAxe. If you follow what i say, it is impossible to lost anything at all. I already tried this out to double confirm. Do worry about those you get from treasure chest.
Grade"A"Brassiere
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

Yeah, I had this problem too. I never got the Window Set before the missions in Tinto. But in all of my save points, which the last one was the "perfect save", I've got one Window Set in an item shop (don't remember now which was the town) and succesfully recruited Tenkou.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

It has nothing to do with item you buy from shop. Only those that are dropped by Monster will affect and cause error to happen.
Grade"A"Brassiere
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

Oh, I thought that the problem was not taking the item before Tinto. Alright then, sorry.
Last edited by Benthos on Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rnoron

Post by rnoron »

o wow.. thx for that gradeA

there goes a savefile that i spent a good 40 hours on.. over a silly window set
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i just verified your claims about Window Set #2 are wrong. i finished liberating Greenhill and used a Hunter Rune and got one immediately.

my story path in Tinto was that i did not run away and Ridley is alive. did you take the same "path" or go with running away + Boris?
gradeAbra

Re: window set #2 bug?

Post by gradeAbra »

Nah i did not let him die. Maybe that has to do with whether you trigger the bugs or not. In any cast just remember try not give dropped windows or recipes to the respective person first.
Grade"A"Brassiere
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

verify your own problem by using a Hunter Rune whenever you can get one (even after the Beast Rune). just put them to sleep first and bang.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Yes i tried with hunter but it only drop Firefly rune. Definitely got to do with bugs. Anyway i got a perfect save on my last try. i did not give anything to haiyo and tenkou unit i get everything. This is to play safe. Unless you are very confident then you can forget about this step. Who knows...this game is full of bugs and glitches.
Grade"A"Brassiere