[Glitch] window set #2 bug?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
gradeAbra

Re: window set #2 bug?

Post by gradeAbra »

No it is not remove. I am sure of this because i own the PSP version of this game. The bugs is still in the game. It takes me 3 playthrough to get everything. And make sure you create multiple save file at different location so you won't screw up if you don't get the missable items.
Grade"A"Brassiere
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Gorudo wrote:I just got to the point where I can get the Hunter Rune, and I got all the Window Sets and Sound Sets without any trouble.

And Sound Set 1 is received from Elza in Muse, Sound Set 2 is received from the DoReMi Elves.

Tests performed:
1. Got Window Sets #1 and #2 before recruiting Tenkou (Check)
2. Got Tenkou then got Sets #1 and #2 (Check)
3. Got #2, recruited Tenkou got #1 (Check)
4. Got #1, recruited Tenkou got #2 (Check)

I have verified that this works with the Window Sets

Then I verified it with the Sound Sets
1. Got Sound Set #2, got Window Sets #1 and #2 before recruiting Tenkou and Connell (Check)
2. Got Window Sets #1 and #2 before recruiting Tenkou. Got SS2 after getting Tenkou but before Connell (Check)
3. Got WS1 before recruiting Tenkou. Got WS2 and SS2 before Connell (Check)
4. Got Tenkou and Connell before WS1 WS2 SS2 (Check)
5. SS2. Got C. Got WS1 and WS2. Got Tenkou (Check)
6. SS2. Got T. Got WS1 and WS2. Got Connell (Check)

I did a ton of other variations on the above set-up. The trigger is DEFINITELY not the other WSs, SSs, or anything else. In all this I had given Tenkou and Connell all the SSs or WSs I had available.
Damn, you'd make a pretty great auditor, I must say. I'm impressed.

Anyway, to offer my two cents, I got Window Set #2 even after recruiting Tenkou. I'm playing mine on PSP too.
evenstaves

Post by evenstaves »

I'm really interested to know about this - Window Set #2 is the only one we don't have, and the Air Lizards don't seem to drop it (lots of Firefly Runes though).

We don't have a Hunter Rune yet; we went with the Fortune/Prosperity combo for the Deity event, and we haven't beaten the Beast Rune yet in order to get the one at the Kyaro town big tree.

Has anyone ever confirmed this possible glitch? The Window Set #2 wasn't listed as "missable" in the stickied checklist here, so I'm currently thinking it's still available...?

(Point in the game is before going into L'Renouille, so technically don't have #7 yet either)

Even Staves
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Your only chance is to use the hunter rune in order to find out. If the enemy drops nothing at all, this has to be another bug. I don't think it was intended to stop dropping under any circumstances, as long as you don't have it.
evenstaves

Post by evenstaves »

Nuts - I went & got the Hunter Rune in post-game, attached it & a Wind Rune & went over to the Mountain Pass - I cleared about eight or nine matches against Air Lizards, and they only ever dropped Firefly Runes, or nothing at all (even with a hit from the Hunter).

I guess this file is bugged!

Even Staves
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: [Bug] window set #2 bug?

Post by KFCrispy »

a person at gamefaqs might be experiencing this bug again.... maybe Pyriel will be interested in checking out the code? :)
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: [Bug] window set #2 bug?

Post by Pyriel »

http://suikodenbugfixes.wikispaces.com/ ... ow+Set+Bug

If they'd care to try the code, this will verify the bug. I've never experienced it myself, aside from duplicate copies ages ago.
TheNewTeddy

Re: [Glitch] window set #2 bug?

Post by TheNewTeddy »

After I recruited the window guy, I fought many battles with the Air Lizard but could not get the window set. I then went to get #1 and got it on my first try, and with it still in my bag, went back to try to get #2, and got it on the first try as well.
Celes
Global Admin

Re: [Glitch] window set #2 bug?

Post by Celes »