Loading data from Suikoden

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
kanzuki

Loading data from Suikoden

Post by kanzuki »

I tried loading my data from Suikoden to Suikoden II, but all I got was a notice saying there aren't any Suikoden data. I saved at the last save point, so what was it that I've done wrong? =S
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Was your save point in Gregminster Castle? (The room near the Rooftop Garden) That's where the save has to be.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Ayemelek
Elite Member

Post by Ayemelek »

Any save after defeating Yuber's army outside Gregminster should work.

Make sure your card isn't corrupted, and make sure you have compatible versions of the games.
kanzuki

Post by kanzuki »

Yes, I saved in that room at Gregminister Castle. Nope, my card isn't corrupted =_='
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the save does not have to be in Gregminster, it just has to occur the final major battle (or earlier..) where Windy summoned millions of beasts.

try creating a new save in Suikoden 1 and seeing it that works.. that's all i can offer -_-
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

This is NTSC experience...when I was newb, out of the excitement of using McDohl in S2, I tried loading my S1 file, which luckily loaded and my S1 file is only at the point of gremio's death in lorimar. Only thing is, your s2 file will have no gremio(the game counts it like you have the "bad" ending in s1).
Red Killey
Elite Member

Re: Loading data from Suikoden

Post by Red Killey »

kanzuki wrote:I tried loading my data from Suikoden to Suikoden II, but all I got was a notice saying there aren't any Suikoden data. I saved at the last save point, so what was it that I've done wrong? =S
If you have other memory cards, try to use them just to check whether it worked or not.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Lo Wen

Post by Lo Wen »

Have you tried saving, then beating the last boss, after the ending is "finished", turned off the game?
Try turning off Suikoden 1 (after beating the last boss), then place Suikoden 2 in and try loading the data.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

You don't need to beat the boss to load the data in. She's trying to load S1 data into S2.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Lo Wen

Post by Lo Wen »

I just gave the tip because I thought you needed to beat the boss.

Have you looked in all the rooms of Gregminister?
I think there is a Saving Point in one of the room in the later part of the castle. (the room is on the northern part of the screen, between two other big rooms)
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

KFCrispy has already pointed out that the save point doesn't matter. IT just needs to be after Windy summons the 100,000 monsters.
Goldmember

Post by Goldmember »

All i did was save in the room in Gregminister before i went to fight the last boss.

One thing i did notice though. S2 wouldnt let me load the data either, the reason being i had more than 1 S1 save file on the memory card so i deleted the ones i didnt need and it worked perfect.

Have you more than one S1 save file on the memory card you are trying to load from?
IRISHANDPROUD

Manchester United Fan
Celtic Football Club Fan
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Yeah. The game made me choose what S1 file to load. So multiple S1 files isn't the reason for this uploading problem.