fury rune

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Mymiridion

fury rune

Post by Mymiridion »

I was wondering where i could find one, cause i havent gotten one yet, and supposedly from what i hear double-beat and fury are really good together. So i was hoping i could find out where one is.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

It's a rare find in the Muse rune shop. It'd be easiest to buy a few of these early in the game.
DracoFox

Post by DracoFox »

I was actually considering making my own thread over a question about the fury rune. Now SARS you say you can buy the Fury rune(s) early on in the game at Muse. My problem is, every time I try it seems like the Fury Rune being in the Rare Finds is timed based. When I would go through the game normally, it would always be there but I would never have enough potch for it, so I'd go make some and poof its gone. Now every time I play through, i farm about 6 Double Beat Runes out of North Sparrow Pass off the CutRabbits. Naturally now (and with the Matilda trick) I can get the money, but when I make it to Muse its never in the Rare Finds. You say you can buy a few of these early on? Is it timed based like the rest of the Rare Finds shops, because I tested that before and it wasnt working. Does it work like in Gregminister, with inspecting the book case in the back : P ? Anyways lemme know, cause having 6 or so Fury Runes at the beginning would be pretty sweet :wink:
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Yes it's time based like all rare finds. If you can't find it, then use the rare finds trick. Save after a 30 minute interval in muse. After that, talk to the rune master. If there's no Fury rune, soft reset the game and load that same file. Keep doing it until you get the Fury Rune and any other rare find you want.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Re: .

Post by Red Killey »

DracoFox wrote:I was actually considering making my own thread over a question about the fury rune. Now SARS you say you can buy the Fury rune(s) early on in the game at Muse. My problem is, every time I try it seems like the Fury Rune being in the Rare Finds is timed based. When I would go through the game normally, it would always be there but I would never have enough potch for it, so I'd go make some and poof its gone. Now every time I play through, i farm about 6 Double Beat Runes out of North Sparrow Pass off the CutRabbits. Naturally now (and with the Matilda trick) I can get the money, but when I make it to Muse its never in the Rare Finds. You say you can buy a few of these early on? Is it timed based like the rest of the Rare Finds shops, because I tested that before and it wasnt working. Does it work like in Gregminister, with inspecting the book case in the back : P ? Anyways lemme know, cause having 6 or so Fury Runes at the beginning would be pretty sweet :wink:
If money is your problem, you could get as many Double Beat Runes as possible, then you could sell them for extra potch. Seriously speaking, you do not need 6 Double Beat Runes at all because you'd get one free from Gijimu later on. Then most likely you'd have at least 1 magician in your party, and s/he wouldn't need Double Beat Rune either. So you might aim for 4 instead and sell the rest.

Doing Matilda trick would definitely make you rich enough to buy 2-3 Fury Runes (same like Double Beat Rune, you do not need 6 of them). So money shouldn't be a problem anymore. If you have the money, the only problem is to actually have them on sale or not. Use the save-reset trick that Ced the Lad mentioned. Make sure that you save first, then reset if you don't find one. Don't check first.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

A Fury rune can also be found in L'Renouille castle at the end of the game.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
PSKmustang

Post by PSKmustang »

*SPOILER*

Can you still get double beat runes from the cut rabbits after highland takes over muse? And also, can you get fury runes in muse when you return after you leave muse the first time when highland takes over?
DracoFox

Post by DracoFox »

double beat runes are the rare drop of CutRabbits found on North Sparrow Pass, and outside map near Kyaro. After Flik and Victor rescue you in Kyaro town, you cannot go back to Kyaro via North Sparrow Pass, until very very very late in the game. However, at the end when you liberate Muse, fury Rune can still be found as a Rare Finds in the Rune shop.

And Killey, i know i dont 'need' 6 double beat runes, i just want em : P Before you get Jeanne, switching Runes among people can be a pain, and it takes only about average 15 minutes to get a Double Beat Rune if you run from all the other fights.

I may be dense on picking this up, but can someone confirm buying multiple Fury Runes from Muse early on using the soft reset trick?
HolyPaladin

Answer to PSKmustang's question

Post by HolyPaladin »

Also, the Prima Guide states that can get Double-Beat Runes from White Tigers when you visit Muse with Miklotov. I haven't tried this myself, though.
Last edited by HolyPaladin on Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Showcasing Q here because he's the man! 8) Er, robot. :oops: Wait, cyborg...? :? OK, just what is Q, anyway?!
Oh, and please call me Paladin for short.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Re: .

Post by Red Killey »

DracoFox wrote:I may be dense on picking this up, but can someone confirm buying multiple Fury Runes from Muse early on using the soft reset trick?
Multiple Fury Runes for sure. But as mentioned, it's a Rare Find. So you could buy as many as you want, assuming that they showed up in the Rare Find. Since Rare Find restocked around once/30 minutes, you have to do the save-reset trick every 30 minutes to get at least one Fury Rune.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
DracoFox

Post by DracoFox »

dang guys, nice response time : P

Yes i forgot about that trick in muse, i havent confirmed it either but I remember hearing it before.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

resetting doesn't work for me too nicely. i do it several times but usually, in any situation, i get the same exact things if i'm already in the town. i guess it's all just about luck, though.
DracoFox

Post by DracoFox »

hmm i dont wanna sound slow here, but could you go over the soft reset trick for me, because its not working well. or could you link me to an explanation, i tried searching but found nothing.

ced the lad says 'save after a 30 min interval in muse.' do you mean go into muse, check rare finds, if its not there, wait 30 minutes and check again? if you dont mind, put me through like a step by step, cause im a lil slow sometimes : P
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

When first entering a town, go to the local Inn and save your game. Next, check the item store. If the item is not there, soft reset and try again. Continue the process until the item appears, purchase it, and then overwrite the old save.

If you wish to continue the process, exit the town and stand around on the world map for 30 minutes. Enter, and repeat the above process as needed.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Adaon

Re: Answer to PSKmustang's question

Post by Adaon »

ChristianSoldier wrote:Also, the Prima Guide states that can get Double-Beat Runes from White Tigers when you visit Muse w/ Miklotov. I haven't tried this myself, though.
I have tried this, and did manage to get one double-beat from a white tiger group. In probably 5 hours worth of playing there. So it is possible, but if you want to invest that much time, do it with the cut rabbits.