Double-strike and Fury.

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Kuromimi
Elite Member

Double-strike and Fury.

Post by Kuromimi »

I did some testing with these runes last night and the results were very strange.

Double-strike increases damage by 50%, but has been said by some to increase damage by 100%. Fury increases damage by 50%.

I attached a Fury Rune and a Double-Beat Rune to Eilie and fought some Flyers outside the Headquarters. Each hit was dealing approximately 470-475 damage. I then swapped the Fury Rune with the Double-strike Rune and the damage dealt was 460-465 to each Flyer. Slightly less damage. I figured that Double-Beat may have been causing this decrease in damage for the Double-strike. When I removed it, Eilie was still dealing the same amount of damage. So there is no doubt that Double-strike does not double damage.

I tested this on a tougher enemy. When done on the Minotaurus enemy in Tenzan Pass, Eilie was dealing 300 damage with the Double-strike Rune equipped and 360 damage with the Fury Rune equipped. She also landed a critical blow with the Double-strike for approximately 950 damage. With the Fury Rune, her critical attacks normally deal 1,100 - 1,200 damage. The difference seems to be even greater on tougher enemies.

If both runes increase damage by 50%, why is she dealing more damage with the Fury Rune attached? Is there an added effect with Fury that we're not aware of? Someone want to test this with other characters and see if the same thing happens?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Your test results disagree with mine. I just tested this with Valeria with a Double Strike Rune and maxxed Kindness Rune.

She did 1952 damage on a flyer (outside the HQ) with the double strike rune. I removed it, and she did 978 damage, which is pretty much half damage.

I also had Tengaar (level 27) with no runes whatsoever. She did 81 damage to a flyer. With double strike, she did 164 damage.

This shows that the double strike rune does in fact increase damage by x2.0.

There's probably other factors involved in your Eilie example--possibly a difference between Japanese and NTSC versions.
Kuromimi
Elite Member

Post by Kuromimi »

Let me try something else:

Eilie - Level 72, 299 overall attack, enemy: Flyer
1.) No runes, no strength increasing equipment: 275-280 damage
2.) Fury Rune, no strength increasing equipment: 425-430 damage
3.) Double-strike Rune, no strength increasing equipment: 415-420 damage

Gengen - Level 72, 309 overall attack, enemy: Flyer
1.) No runes, no strength increasing equipment: 285-290 damage
2.) Fury Rune, no strength increasing equipment: 435-440 damage
3.) Double-strike Rune, no strength increasing equipment: 425-430 damage

They must have messed up with the Double-strike Rune. It almost seems like Double-strike increases damage by 50%, while Fury increases damage by 55%. That doesn't really explain why the damage difference was greater while dealing less damage. I may need someone with the North American version to test this out.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

I have US NTSC version and my result is the same as yours, Kuromimi. Double Strike dealing 50% extra (which means that it's the same as the description of x1.5 damage) and Fury slightly a bit more.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

I tried Fury with Valeria and Tengaar.
Tengaar did 140 damage while Valeria did 1437 damage, which seems to roughly point to 50%.

It seems likely that there is a differnce between the Japanese version and NTSC, although I'd have no idea why they'd do this.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Berserk status (from Fury, Battle Oath, etc) increases ATK by 50%, before defense has reduced it for damage.
Double-Strike increases resulting Damage by 50%, after enemy defenses have already decreased ATK.
Fury should always do more damage than Double-Strike, and it is more noticeable as the enemy's defense increases.