Pohl's Diary

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
sticky-runes

Re: Pohl's Diary

Post by sticky-runes »

Wow, I didn't know Pohl had a diary! I'll have to have a look the next time I play. I'll bet it says something like this:

X Day/X Month
Viktor returned to the fort today with a young man he found washed up in the river. Turns out the guy is a highlander who was attacked by his own countrymen, so the boss wants to keep him as a prisoner. Looks like I'm the one who's got to take care of him. Oh well, there are plenty of jobs around here that need doing, it'll be good to have someone else to do all the work while I kick back at Leona's tavern!

X Day/X Month
I got the new guy to help clean up the storage rooms today and sent him on an errand to gather supplies. Gengen and Dr. Huan's little brat went with him, so I don't have to worry about him running off and getting into trouble. Which means I get more time to oggle Leona at the bar.

X Day/X Month
The new guy has been working hard for us, so I got the cook to make him extra portions. He's the only person around here who seems to like that crap they feed us in this fort.

X Day/X Month
Someone snuck into the fort last night and tried to spring the prisoner out - turns out it's one of his friends from highland, they got seperated after the soldiers attacked them. the boss had 'em both locked in the cell together. I brought food for them, and the other guy asked for a spoon. Posh little twit.

F^#K! they both escaped. Looks like the posh kid used the spoon I gave him as a lockpick. If they both get back home, they'll likely be captured by their own soldiers again. and that means I'll have to do all the work around the place myself. I better ask Viktor to go rescue them.

X Day/X Month
Viktor brought the two boys back today. Pity they both made it. I quite like the quiet one, but his friend is a bit of a stuck up ponce, and they've got some loud mouth girl with them who calls herself their big sister. This fort is becoming a bit too crowded with kids if you ask me. Viktor said they could wander freely and help recruit more mercenaries. That kid seems quite popular, so he'll probably be good at picking up new friends. Just hope they're not all whiney little kids...

So, they've recruited a big guy who eats like a horse, a hunter and his dog, and some skinny little girl with a some ugly mutated rodent. More pets to stink the place out, that's just great.

The kids came back (with yet more kids in toe, including a sombre little girl and some geek who claims to know about warfare) turns out the village of Toto has been burned to the ground, and everyone's dead axcept the little girl. Viktor has sent them on an errand to recruit that weapon smith in Ryube to mend those fire spears he keeps in the basement.

Well, the good news is, they recruited Tsai the weapon smith. The bad news is - Ryube has been burned down by the highlanders. Busy fuckers, aren't they? Pillaging everything in site. I hope these fire spears actually work, otherwise the highlanders are gonna make short work of this fortress.

X Day/X Month
This is it - the highlanders are approaching and the mercs are getting ready for a fight. The kids wanna join in the action. Looks like I'm gonna be babysitting that little orphan they brought back from Toto.

They fought back the highland soldiers, but there are more coming... It sounds like the mercs are getting the crap kicked out of them out there. I don't know if I'm gonna make it out of this...
LadyCyclone

Post by LadyCyclone »

Poor Pohl. I thought his death was very sad - he was such a cheery character.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I like Pohl as well. Does anyone show any remorse for his death? No. Wankers.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

One of the earliest victims that you get to see in the game, Pohl singlehandedly made you able to defeat Luca with his sacrifice. His sacrifice will never be in vain, as Luca blight is no more. Sure, Pohl should have a Pohl remembrance day, but not now. It's yet too soon to pay such respects to such a saint such as himself.

Pohl remembrance day come 2013.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

He protected Pilika, FFS!

Well, not exactly, we just saw him backing away from Luca. He might have been thinking don't look at me - kill that little girl down there!!
Natsume

Post by Natsume »

Holy... I didn't know about this til now. xD;; Too bad we won't be able to ever read it.
sticky-runes wrote:I like Pohl as well. Does anyone show any remorse for his death? No. Wankers.
He was easily forgotten! Flik and Viktor barge in the room, take Pilika and the others, and run out immediately. They didn't even say a thing about that poor guy! D:< (I think... I forgot ahaha... but I assume they didn't mention anything about him afterwards.)
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I'll bet his corpse is still rotting away up there by the time Viktor and Flik return, bless him.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I really hated that Pohl dies. He doesn't get any backgroundstory at all, he's just Pohl, a super nice guy. And then he dies.

I guess in my next playthrough I'll call my castle Pohl-Castle. He definitely deserves better. And I'd like to get some background info about him. In a fangame I and some others tried to make (and never finished, of course) we created a backgroundstory where he is saved by Fliktor when they cross the Badlands after Suikoden and then he joins them.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

I remember thinking that he could be recruited the first time I played and was frustrated that I couldn't do it.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE