[Discussion] Member Recommended Parties with Reasoning

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
sephirasun

Re: Member Recommended Parties with Reasoning

Post by sephirasun »

Front row: Gengen, Riou, Nanami (are we counting her?)
Back row: Chaco, Eilie, Mukumuku

Riou has the Kindness rune embedded in his weapon.

I like the Character concept for Chaco, so I have him in the party if I can. he's "just cool".
Gengen and Eilie are supposed to enjoy Riou's company, and Nanami and Mukumuku are supposed to be childhood friends of Riou. I'm not sure if this is relevant or if anyone else has had a similar result, but I find that Riou does a lot more damage with these members in the party while his weapon contains the Kindness rune.
LTM

Post by LTM »

Front Row: Georg, Viktor, Flik

Georg: Um...he's frickin GEORG PRIME! Not much more needs to be said. I believe he comes with a Killer Rune and thats all he gets, so use Battle Oath and Georg makes the badguys fall down. Give him gear to raise attack even further and boost his defense and thats all you need, Georg smash! His attack stat is through the roof, as well as technique and accuracy, so Georg pretty much owns everything.

Viktor: Well Viktor is a pretty good melee character, though a little sluggish. He hits really hard once, and due to his speed Titan Rune fits him the best. You could always give him something else to boost his strength, but I always find Titan is the best. Give him armor to boost his defenses and maybe something to raise his attack, and Viktor can almost be as good as Georg.

Flik: Flik is a lot faster than Viktor, I think he's faster than Georg...don't remember. He's great with...LIGHTNING! So give him a Thunder Rune, and if he has another rune slot (do not remember this either) then something like Fury or something to boost his attack. Gear should be similar to Viktor and Georg's of course, but give him some magic boosting stuff as well.

Back row: Tir, Riou, Luc

Tir: Well, my favourite character so of course I always waste time going to get him (so worth it). His unite attack with Riou is hands down the best, I can't find any other unite as useful as this right here. Coupled with his Soul Eater, and given a Flowing Rune Tir can unleash holy heck on any enemy. He's relatively strong, fast, and well...just flat out arguably the best character in the game. If you can, use him! Even if you need to use gameshark! Its totally worth the effort. Gear will be lighter than the previous characters, but thats why being in the back row helps here. Give him magic boosting stuff as well as things to boost his magic defense, as he will take more damage from magic than melee while in the back, and usually be casting lots of spells on bosses. His physical defense should also be taken into account.

Riou: Well, duh. You HAVE to take him. As far as runes go, he's only good with Bright Shield and Resurrection, so if he has a third rune slot just slap something like Killer or Double Strike rune (if you can, I forget). He should be geared similar to Tir, but maybe have more things to boost his physical power since Riou will probably end up attacking more than casting magic.

Luc: I don't care what anyone says, even Konami. Luc deserves to have The Strongest Mage Star, as he is always the strongest. His magic stat maxes out at 255, only ever rivaled by Crowley (in the first three games at least). In Suikoden I he was about equal to Crowley, but in Suikoden II he can now use three runes! Remove that lame Pixie crap from him and give him a Mother Earth Rune, replace his Wind Rune with a Cyclone Rune, and also give him a Flowing Rune. Yeah, Tir has a Flowing all ready but an extra one helps. This gives Luc the ability to combine his magic spells into a few different combined magic attacks, which can cause massive damage and heal everyone at the same time. Luc is by far the most valuable mage, and while his M.Def isn't as high as the famous Mazus, who really cares? Luc is strong enough and fast enough and has enough M. Def to handle any boss as long as he's kept in the back row and healed when necessary. Gear should be similar to Tir's, exploiting magic and m.def, with not as much emphasis on his physical stats.

Well thats my team for Suikoden II's final battle. Georg you get after Neclord, and Tir can be gotten right after Luca, so if you want this setup early on make sure to find others to replace Georg and Tir for awhile. Nanami will probably be there for awhile, so she can work as a replacement for Tir (I guess..slap a water rune on her). As for Georg? Well, someone who hits hard and/or is fast. And of COURSE, make sure everyone's weapons are at Level 16 (Neglect Luc's weapon if you're hard up for cash). Embedding runes in people's weapons isn't my style, but anyone wanting to do such go for it. It doesn't help all that much imo, but it can cause some extra hurt. I usually give Flik's sword a Thunder Piece, just cause it suits the Blue Lightning so well. :mrgreen:
Castilho

Post by Castilho »

Front Row

#1:
Name: Tir
Equips: Wind Hat, Master Grab, 3 Fire Emblems
Runes: Fury, Soul Eater, Double Beat
Weapon: Kindness
Reason: He has high stats, quite high attack and has the soul eater. You can pretty much use him for anything, but I manly use "attack" or his 4th level magic.

#2:
Name: Riou
Equips: Wind Hat, Master Grab, Power Ring, Power Gloves, Fire Emblem
Runes: Fury, White Shield, Double Beat
Weapon: Friendship
Reason: He's pretty much like Tir, but he also heals. And of course, you HAVE to use him.

#3:
Name: Chaco
Equips: Wind Hat, Taikyou Wear, 3 Fire Emblems
Runes: Ressurection, Fury, Double Beat
Weapon: Exertion
Reason: Manly his speed and 3 rune slots, all he do is "attack" and ressurect anyone if by some miracle someone died.

Back Row:

#4:
Name: Rina
Equips: Wind Hat, Robe of Mist, 3 Magic Rings
Runes: Thunder, Flowing, Rage
Weapon: Earth
Reason: She has many uses, I use her as the main healer so I can let Riou attacking. Also when heal isn't needed she has plenty other good magic to use. And also she can make normal attacks to normal monsters.

#5:
Name: Luc
Equips: Wind Hat, Robe of Mist, Speed Ring, 2 Magic Rings
Runes: Mother Earth, Cyclone, Thunder
Reason: He's fast, he has good magic power. He does massive damage with his runes and also has Mother Earth to give some suport.

#6:
Name: Mazus
Equips: Wind Hat, Robe of Mist, 3 Magic Rings
Runes: Blue Gate, Thunder, Rage
Reason: Greatest Magic power...and also has a great mdef. Is the slowest of the group, so pretty much only usable when the enemies can withstand the first turn. He is only about damage, damage and damage.

Reason for the setup: Maybe someone might say there's too many mages, but no...I like it, it's pretty balanced I think, everyone has it's function. With this setup you can get by anything just fine...and pretty easy.

Levels:
Tir: 66
Riou: 67
Chaco: 63
Rina: 63
Luc: 63
Mazus: 63
Transcending_time

Post by Transcending_time »

If you're a MAGIC ABUSER ..... choose of the ff.

1. Luc - wind/cyclone rune, water/flowing rune,
lightning/thunder rune
2. Millie - blue gate rune would be the best
3. Rina - fire/rage rune is a must
4. Sierra - darkness rune is her might, lightning/thunder rune adorned her
5. Tir - the soul eater rune is a monster
6. Viki - blinking rune - duhh!!!, all applicable runes!!!
7. "The old Magician" - actually, i dunno HIS name... all runes would fit him
8. Jeane - she's not playable right??? AS IF
9. Tengaar - earth/mother earth rune ( being a Magician??? it's not a resemblance for her )

and If you're a "Killer".... train them..

1. Flik
2. Viktor
3. Pesmerga
4. Miklotov
5. Camus
6. Killey

violent reactions..... i'ved choosed them becaouse compare to others, they're the guys who really excel on their fields.. except to "Jeane"... she's a great magician at IV especially with a thunder rune!!!
Red rune

Post by Red rune »

1. Riou-The main character; bright shield, blue gate, double beat
2. George-The killer; fury, double beat, killer
3. McDohl-Soul eater; Soul eater, Flowing, Fury

Front

4. Meg; Cyclone, resurection, fury
5. Sierra-Blak mage; Darkness, bluemoon, thunder
6. Tengaar-Support; Mother earth, Barrier Rune, Nymph Rune

Back

Riou- He's the main character, u cant remove him from ur party
George- Great attacker, anything more that needs to be added?
McDohl- Great speed and power, both with magic and attack, plus the soul eater rune is strong

Meg- Good with special attack magic (wind)
Sierra- good with darkness rune and lightning
Tengaar- Good with mother earth and other support magic
Last edited by Red rune on Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm lvl 99! plus my lvl68 party members
Transcending_time

for MAGIC user:

1. Luc - Cyclone rune
2. Sierra - Darkness rune
3. Khan - Ressurection rune
4. Millie - Blue Gate rune
5. Rina - Fire rune
6. Viki - "All runes", may back fire!!!
7. Tir - Soul Eater!!!
8. Tengaar - Mother Earth rune
9. Mazus - Lighning rune, but all elemental runes would fit him!!!

for COMBAT master:

1. Flik
2. Viktor
3. Killey
4-5. Camus/Miklotov
6. Tir

my settings:

front:

1. Riou
2. Tir
3. Viktor/Killey

back:

4. Luc
5. Sierra/Rina/Viki
6. Millie/Khan/Tengaar
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i'd like to point out that our recent findings show that Millie is not "great" with the Blue Gate rune. Its spells actually depend on your Water, Lightning, and Fire affinities; Luc is the strongest Blue Gate user for the high level spells.
Transcending_time

KFCrispy wrote:i'd like to point out that our recent findings show that Millie is not "great" with the Blue Gate rune. Its spells actually depend on your Water, Lightning, and Fire affinities; Luc is the strongest Blue Gate user for the high level spells.
"OUR findings???" :? ...... give up, ( :roll: ) your'e a GENIUS :mrgreen: . OK it's just an opinion - for me Millie is the GREATEST blue gate user ever, if not?? maybe in using the PALE GATE RUNE, she's the one!!!
reapz

Post by reapz »

Typical party from mid game to finish

Sheena, Valeria,Killey
Riou,Rina,Clive

lvl 60 party
Sheena, doublebeat,fury,killer (Rage/ Exertion wpn)
valerie, Falcon, fury (Rage wpn)
Killey, double beat, double strike, fury (exertion wpn)

Riou, Motherearth, Brightsheild, Doublebeat (Kindness wpn)
Rina, Rage. Flowing. Thunder (magic drain wpn)
Clive. Fire sealing,double beat, (Fire Lizard wpn)

all maxed out with lvl 16 wpns

and power rings and winged boots

Pretty Hardcore DPS melee party, never have any trouble
rious speed and mother earth rune always makes sure the party is safe from harm whilt rina piles out the ranged dps the others are hacking away with killey and valerie doing crazy 2k dmg

all in all, Best party ever , correct me if im wrong :)
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I have a new lineup.

Front Row:

Flik

Runes:
H -
Rh - *Fury
Lh - *Double-Beat

Equipment:
Helmet - Silver Hat
Armor - Silver Armor
Shield - Silver Shield
Other(1) - Fire Emblem
Other(2) - Fire Emblem
Other(3) - Fire Emblem

Weapon - Odessa++
Level 16 ATK 150
Rune - *Thunder

Luc

Runes:
H - *Wizard
Rh - *Cyclone
Lh - *Flowing

Helmet - Wind Hat
Armor - Robe of Mist
Shield -
Other(1) - Speed Ring
Other(2) - Gold Emblem
Other(3) - Gold Emblem

Weapon - Gust Rod
Level 16 ATK 100
Rune - *Kindness

Viktor

Runes:
H -
Rh - *Fury
Lh - *Double-Beat

Helmet - Wind Hat
Armor - Dragon Armor
Shield -
Other(1) - Fire Emblem
Other(2) - Fire Emblem
Other(3) - Fire Emblem

Weapon - Star Dragon Sword
Level 16 ATK 170
Rune - *Thunder

Back Row:

Riou

Runes:
H - *Fury
Rh - *Bright Shield
Lh - *Double-Beat

Equipment:
Helmet - Wind Hat
Armor - Silver Armor
Shield -
Other(1) - Winged Boots
Other(2) - Power Gloves
Other(3) - Fire Emblem

Weapon - Twin Destiny Fang
Level 16 ATK 170
Rune - *Friendship

Clive

Runes:
H -
Rh - *Double-Beat
Lh -

Equipment:
Helmet - Wind Hat
Armor - Master Garb
Shield -
Other(1) - Power Ring
Other(2) - Power Ring
Other(3) - Skill Ring

Weapon - Tornado
Level 16 ATK 140
Rune - *Exertion

Killey

Runes:
H - *Fury
Rh - *Double-Beat
Lh - *Double-strike

Equipment:
Helmet - Wind Hat
Armor - Dragon Armor
Shield -
Other(1) - Fire Emblem
Other(2) - Fire Emblem
Other(3) - Fire Emblem

Weapon - Night
Level 16 ATK 165
Rune: *Rage

I plan on getting another Exertion Rune, and put it on one of Flik/Viktor. I might also farm for more Double-strike runes so that I could just go for the Double-strike/Double-Beat combo, and use Battle Oath for Berserk. When that happens, I'll switch Killey's Fury with a Killer Rune.
True Griever

Post by True Griever »

I like to make teams where each person of the team can stand his ground alone against the beast rune and survive at least 10 fights in the final castle.They also had to be in suiko 1 and 2.(no glitches used)
How to test them alone..? Battle the beast rune with examp tir and riou and leave riou out of it.

1 Riou: Healer/Fighter: I customized him so he could not be touched in battle and that if he was damaged he could heal.
LV 99 Runes Bright Shield, Killer and hazy|wp| Kindness
Master Garb, Power skill and Luck Ring, Wind hat

2 Tir: AttackMage/Fighter: He is the perfect way to combine magic and attack.
LV 99 Runes Soul Eater, Gale and Killer |wp| Kindness
Master Garb, Power, skill and luck Ring, Wind hat

3 Luc: GuardianMage: He is fast, has prevent/protect and heal/attack magic.
LV 99: Runes Cyclone, Mother Earth and Hazy |wp| Magic drain
Dream robe the rest is only speed equipment

4 Viktor: Disabler: Has a good attack, but a terrible magic defense. With his down rune he disables the most dangerous parts of the enemy.
LV 99 Runes Killer Drain |wp| Down
Wind Hat, Master garb, Power gloves, fire Emblem x2

5 Flik: Battlemage: Very usefull solo as well as in team. Most used for attack, when needed he will heal.
LV 99 Runes Flowing Thunder |WP| Thunder
Wind hat, master garb, mangosh +fire emblem x3

6 Sheena: Fighter: The bearer of the Kirinji. Just utilize all rune slots. (I like to make characters that can take a hit).
LV 99 Runes killer drain Violence |wp| Exertion
Wind hat, master garb + fire emblem x2

Formation
Flik, Viktor, Sheena.
Tir, Luc, Riou.

Viktor and mcdohl used items when alone against the beast rune such as Tinto Specialty.

I like Valeria too, give her silver armor (resistance against dark).
Runes Falcon Violence|wp|Exertion
Replace Sheena's Violence with Double strike and exertion with Down.
Making Valeria the killing queen and sheena the disabler.
Last edited by True Griever on Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Suikoden II parties eh? Your typical fan/player probaly included Viktor and Flik in their final party but I have two reason why didnt use them. One you have to use them in the first suikoden so why let them see the blaze of glory twice. Second there are better S (short) characters than those two. My final party consisted of:

L.C.Chan Pesmerga Georg
Bob Riou McDohl

This party can overwhelm the enemy with unreal physical attacks, but at the same time has 2 powerful rune bearers with both heroes, and Riou can be used to do all the healing. My 3 guys on the frontline all have Killer Runes. I believe Bob can carry either 2 or 3 runes, and one is taken up by his personal one. So with the remainder slots use on Mother Earth, Thunder, or Rage Runes. That also goes for the 2 heroes with any slots they have open give them one of those runes, or a Flowing Rune for extra healing.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Riou_049

Post by Riou_049 »

my best party so far has been:
Riou Shin Luc
Eilie Ayda Mukumuku

shin because i like spider slayer's damage and his normal attack isnt that bad either.

luc because i find myself nuking like hell in the beginning of a boss fight and hes one of the best for that.

Eilie because if you actually take the time to level her has like the third best long range ppl's stats.

Ayda because my favorite weapons a bow and that shes also one of the best long range.

Mukumuku because imo, he is the highest damage dealer out of the long range ppl.

Runes:
Riou: Bright Shield and Blue Gate because i like the damage blue gate puts out just in case i dont get the fourth skill of bright shield.

Shin: just keep spider slayer and maybe fury

Luc: Wind, Fire, and Lightning for his nuking ability

Eilie: Spark i think is what i put on her because shes one of the fastest attackers.

Ayda: I forget the name of it but its the multi-unit target for bows only

Mukumuku: Fire because i think the squirrels are each a different element depending on their cape, he seems to have more success with fire than any other.

I usually take the time to level my main party to level 99 before the end of the game, like right now im trying to get 99 before greenhill, im at 74 so far (it takes forever) lol
"Every lie contains truth, and every truth contains a lie...." - Shu

"Fear is a stupid emotion." - Luca Blight

"Even if it's to save your life, there are some things you just don't do." - Viktor
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

newbie here!!

before, all i care about is magic,magic,magic.

so mages are my target.
front row: Riou,Sierra,Flik
back: Luc,Rina Tengaar

but now, I sort of wanna balance my party.

Valeria
Flik
Sierra
Riou
Chaco
Tengaar/Rina/Luc

is that a good party????? i dont really know but i guess its cool! I mean its colorful! thats all! :D :D
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

Runemaster wrote:newbie here!!

before, all i care about is magic,magic,magic.

so mages are my target.
front row: Riou,Sierra,Flik
back: Luc,Rina Tengaar

but now, I sort of wanna balance my party.

Valeria
Flik
Sierra
Riou
Chaco
Tengaar/Rina/Luc

is that a good party????? i dont really know but i guess its cool! I mean its colorful! thats all!
Yes, it's a good party, but not the best. Valeria for an example has one available rune slot, so you can't get her to max out the damage she makes. And also I think that she would be more powerful with Anita. As for the mages, they're great. Couldn't find better.
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...