about to fight luca blight...

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The most useful combination is Firefly + Wall.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Wall Rune still allow for counter-attack and repel. it simply "defends", doesn't make you a "wall" :)

i don't know if Wall Rune while having Revenge Earth helps at all. Luca Blight's regular attacks will be countered, but his special attacks--do they do magic-based damage or physical? well those can't be dodged/countered and if it is magic-based, Wall doesn't help in any of the two scenarios (regular atk or special). i recall thinking they were magic-based.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

No, the user with Revenge Earth cannot dodge Luca's fire attacks. (In fact I've never seen anyone with it dodge his normal attacks either, hmm.)
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

my party beat him with almost no effort it was

Hero,humphrey,camus
luc,clive,nanami

hero had his true rune
humphrey had fire sealing and luca couldn't damage him but like 1 point
camus had rage
luc had cyclone,blue gate,
clive had fury double beat and double strike
nanami had flowing(healer)
Eagles May Soar But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Pyro wrote:clive had fury double beat and double strike
Can't be done. Clive only has 1 rune slot.

This goes to everyone and not just you, but make sure that you know for sure of what you wrote. Otherwise, you need to mention that you're not sure or something similar so that people don't take what you said as a fact.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

people forget that not everyone uses gameshark/action replay...
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Camus in the frontline? i only thought he was useful for his unite with miklotov.

Clive? Even witha fury rune or Double Beat i dont think he would pack as much of a punch as some others could in his place.
Sesshomaru

Post by Sesshomaru »

I had Clive too and I owned Luca. Clive is strong is you are a Train Crazy. 8) Hero's Shield Rune rocks when you get all his spells.
To be a rock and not to roll -Led Zeppelin
Marth Owns Old school style.
STYX!!
There must of been a door there in the wall!
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Sesshomaru wrote:I had Clive too and I owned Luca. Clive is strong is you are a Train Crazy. 8) Hero's Shield Rune rocks when you get all his spells.
While I agree that Clive is useful (for some reason he tends to get multiple attack more than any other characters in my games, bar Eilie perhaps), it's impossible to get 4th spell of Brigh Shield Rune during the fight against Luca.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Clive does get very many multiple hits, yes. But -- against Luca i find he doesnt deal out enough damage. It seems his multiple attack rate is only good when there is more than one enemy around, because thats when he gets multiple hits. Also, you may find Shilo gets almost as many multiple hits as Clive, and gets more criticals than anyone else I've seen.
HolyPaladin

Post by HolyPaladin »

Flik dodged and countered Luca once in one my games.

Here's my Flik Team.

Flik's Team:

Front Row:
Left: Flik Lv. 39; Right Rune: Lightning; Left Rune: Double-Beat/Fire
Middle: Miklotov Lv. 41; Right Rune: Knight
Right: Camus Lv. 41; Right Rune: Rage

Back Row:
Left: Nina Lv. 39; Right Rune: Water
Middle: Bob Lv. 39; Head Rune: Rabid Fang
Right: Millie Lv. 40; Head Rune: Earth; Right Rune: Kite; Left Rune: Groundhog

This is a good team because of all the different unite attacks. I have Fire here on Flik just in case you can use the Blazing Camp Rune Combo. Millie is for protection and getting rid of Luca's White Wolves (Kite Rune). Bob is for brute force, but I would rather suggest Simone if you can get him. Simone can help get rid of the White Wolves (Kite Rune) and should be able to handle Luca's Middle Column Attack with his Gold Emblem (I believe it was?).

Here's my Viktor Team.

Viktor's Team:

Front Row:
Left: Viktor Lv. 39; Right Rune: Gale/Double-Beat; Left Rune: Killer
Middle: Anita Lv. 40; Right Rune: Falcon OR Mondo Lv. 39; Head Rune: Mayfly
Right: Valeria Lv. 41; Right Rune: Falcon OR Kasumi Lv. 41; Head Rune: Shrike

Back Row:
Left: Eilie Lv. 39; Right Rune: Lightning; Left Rune: Kite
Middle: Bolgan Lv. 39; Right Rune: Fire Breath
Right: Rina Lv. 40; Head Rune: Fire; Right Rune: Water; Left Rune: Kite

This is a good team because of all the different unite attacks. Eilie and Rina are for getting rid of Luca's White Wolves (Kite/magic Runes). Bolgan is solely for the Circus Unite. Rina can also heal. This team causes/takes more damage with the Valeria/Anita combo than the Kasumi/Mondo combo. For Viktor, I choose Gale over Double-Beat if I got Gale earlier.

Here's my Riou Team.

Marshall's (Riou's) Team:

Front Row:
Left: Oulan Lv. 40; Right Rune: Fury; Left Rune: Angry Dragon
Middle: Humphrey Lv. 41; Right Rune: Gale
Right: Wakaba Lv. 40; Right Rune: White Tiger; Left Rune: Balance

Back Row:
Left: Marshall Lv. 46; Head Rune: Resurrection; Right Rune: Shining [Bright] Shield; Left Rune: Double-Beat
Middle: Clive Lv. 39; Right Rune: Killer
Right: Nanami Lv. 44; Right Rune: Balance/Double-Beat; Left Rune: Spark

This is good because it contains lots of power. Oulan causes lots of damage w/ her Angry Dragon especially if you get Fury Runes from Muse early in the game. Humprey rarely hits Luca although he is one of the best tanks. Wakaba's White Tiger Rune is most useful here because Luca can easily critical her. In critical mode, White Tiger does more damage. If your patient enough, you can open here Left Rune (mid-40's) and stick a Balance Rune on her. With it, she can use White Tiger every turn. Marshall is the only healer, although you probably won't have to heal every turn. Besides, you can always resurrect someone w/ the Resurrection Rune. Nanami is the Spark Rune user and with a Balance Rune instead of a Double-Beat Rune, you can use the Family Unite every turn. Clive can handle himself pretty well and causes a lot of damage with the Killer Rune.

EDIT By Red Killey: Double posting isn't appreciated, let alone 5 posts in a row like that. Make sure you use EDIT button instead.

EDIT By Me: Edited for readability's sake.
Last edited by HolyPaladin on Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Showcasing Q here because he's the man! 8) Er, robot. :oops: Wait, cyborg...? :? OK, just what is Q, anyway?!
Oh, and please call me Paladin for short.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

TO RED KILLEY-my mistake with clives double strike only humphrey had that
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Humphrey could only equip 1 rune though. So he can't equipe Fire Sealing and Double Strike.
jasonm17

Post by jasonm17 »

Fire Sealing on Riou and cast Clay Guardian on him. You really can't lose that way
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

as i said in another topic my game glitches a lot so he does have both