Recruiting Hans the armor shop keeper

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
ashlington

Recruiting Hans the armor shop keeper

Post by ashlington »

When recruiting Hans you get 3 choices:
1. Recruit now for free
2. Make him pay 30,000
3. Make him pay 300,000

I decided to try option 3 to get a bit of cash but he didnt join straight away, he said he will get the money and join me later, when will he join me? Should I reload another save and go back to get him straight away?
Kuromimi
Elite Member

Post by Kuromimi »

He'll join, you just need to wait awhile. Just keep checking back every now and then. I'm sure a certain amount of time just has to pass. Complete the Two River City mission, recruit new characters, level them up some. Just keep checking back to see if Hans has returned. The more you ask for, the longer it takes. You'll probably have max potch by the time he comes back. ;)
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

I choose the third option and it took a long time to get him.I think when he finally joined it was after the Greenhill Liberation before Rockaxe so try then.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

if you do choose 300,000 potch when is it actually given to you?
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

If the reason for you to choose option #3 is the money, you should instead let him join for free. That way he'd be in your castle straight away. Then go back to your castle, and do the 999,999 potch trick. Instead of having no money (because of being stolen by Chaco), you'd have maximum money instead.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Yuber

Post by Yuber »

i always choose the second option since he joins right after the two river part of the game and u get an extra 30,000 and since u cant really go back to ur castle really unless you want to waste time so might as well take the second option
ashlington

Post by ashlington »

Thanks for everyone help!!

WARNING SPOILERS

I carried on with the game and after the greenhill part, on the way to matilda i went to see him in the inn at 2 river and he joined me and gave me 300,000 potch :) . He said that it made him feel as if he had earned the shop and that it meant more to him :wink: .

I didnt need him before this so it is a good option as you get lots of cash to spend. I think i will need it later to build up fighters for the luca blight battle.
Zotmaster

Post by Zotmaster »

Red Killey wrote:If the reason for you to choose option #3 is the money, you should instead let him join for free. That way he'd be in your castle straight away. Then go back to your castle, and do the 999,999 potch trick. Instead of having no money (because of being stolen by Chaco), you'd have maximum money instead.
I couldn't get that trick to work. I followed the directions off the site but it didn't work for me. I was probably just doing something wrong (the cause of most problems) but I didn't really care enough to go an in-depth analysis of what I did or didn't do. That, and potch isn't too hard to accumulate anyway. Actually, money's never been a problem for me in any of the games. I can hit 999,999 in about twenty minutes, tops, assuming it's near the end of the game, of course.
Congratulations, but you're still wrong, Killey.