Lightning Magic + Critical

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Kuromimi
Elite Member

Lightning Magic + Critical

Post by Kuromimi »

During a war battle, I had Jeane use her Lightning Magic skill on Culgan's unit. It hit, but somehow it dealt two swords of damage instead of one. Shin was the other support character in this unit. Does Lightning Magic have a chance of dealing two damage or did Shin's critical kick in and cause twice the damage. I'm thinking the latter is probably the case. Anyone ever encounter something like this?

Imagine Mazus' Fire Magic with Shu and Shin as support. O_O
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

I've had that before, but I'm not sure who was in the unit with Jeane. I doubt that I had the critical characters though because I normally group them into 1 rather than spreading them out.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Adaon

Post by Adaon »

It can also happen with the fire spears, fire magic, and wind magic.

I don't know what the chances are, but it was funney one time to see them say the firespears weren't working when an enemy unit had gotten blown alway.
Zotmaster

Post by Zotmaster »

Criticals can only go off during a regular attack, not during a used skill like magic or Fire Spears. You can tell it happens because it says the skill is being used. Your case is just luck and has nothing to do with any other characters in the unit. Of course, enjoy it, since dealing two swords from a distance, well, rules. I especially like when I use Luc and can wipe out Yuber's unit in one shot. Nothing wrong with that :lol:
Congratulations, but you're still wrong, Killey.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

It seems like everytime I use Jeane her Lightning Magic does at least 2 damage to them, but Luc's always seems to fail. Is there a way to make Luc's more stronger or have a better chance of hitting?
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Zotmaster

Post by Zotmaster »

I don't think there is. I don't know what's considered when it comes to special skills like that, but it seems to me that Luc would have the highest chance of hitting with a magic spell since his attack ability as a leader is already what, 10? Maybe the attacking capability of the unit in question has something to do with it?
Congratulations, but you're still wrong, Killey.