(Suikoden) Medicine Rune question

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

So, the medicine rune is slightly more useful in Suikoden IV because as long as you have medicine in your inventory it'll keep working? But it wouldn't use a Mega Medicine if you ran out of regular medicines, would it?

I really don't see the point of this rune, couldn't you just select medicine from your inventory on your turn, instead of having the rune do it automatically for you? Or does the rune's effects happen earlier in the round than when that character would normally get their turn or something?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

The rune goes into effect whenever your ally goes down to 20% and it uses the lowest grade medicine you have in your inventory, so if you had nothing but Mega Medicine it would heal with Mega Medicine. This all happens without consuming a turn, but it's still pretty useless, IMO.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Is the Medicine Rune only uses 1 Medicine to 1 ally btw? I mean, if the whole party is down to 20% HP, would the Medicine Rune try to heal all of them in 1 turn?
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

From what I've seen it only heals 1 at a time, but I haven't used it in Suikoden IV so I don't know if this has changed or not.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

So that this doesn't get deleted with General Forum clean ups I'm going to make an executive decision and put it in Suikoden I's forum since that's the first time it showed up.

*moved from General Forum*
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

I thought the Medicine Rune lets the bearer use medicine to an ally whose HP drops to 1/3 of his max HP., then why is it 20%?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Because you were mistaken?
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

just to confirm...

In suikoden 4, the medicine rune uses lowest quality medicine from inventory.

It activates usually before your attack turn so i think you can do something else on your attack turn like heal another person.

If the whole party is critical, only one person gets healed. However, I don't know the level of priority. It's either lowest HP first or the first person in the formation/to act.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Saj

Re: (Suikoden) Medicine Rune question

Post by Saj »

Medicine Rune is most useless rune of all. IT makes Tuta one of worst stars. IT usess only Medicine or mega Medicine. IT waste turn ( so u could do the whole healing by ur own). Its sad that Konami did IT that way, if IT wouldnt take waste turn and could also use meals IT would be a very interesting choose. Heal+add status effekt. Also I tried to combine IT with Wall Rune, but sadly IT dosent work.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

The Medicine Rune apparently also has the power to resurrect a thread that has been dead for ten years.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

speaking of resurrecting this thread, does "inventory" in Suikoden 2 and 3 mean your party's bag only or does it only check the character's equipped medicine or both (with priority to one over the other)? Is it compatible with food items?
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

I would think it only checks the personal inventory and doesn't work on food. I don't have a save file handy to test it out, though. I'll try to get around to that, but it may take a while.