[FAQ] Transferring Suikoden I save data

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Suikidal

Re: Things carried over...

Post by Suikidal »

KFCrispy wrote:uhh well the problem with your test is that you have to start a completely new game in order to load the new data and get to the point where you can recruit mcdohl in Suikoden 2.

How would i have to start again? I'm at the last save on Suikoden 1 now, so all i would do is load the game up, unequip Mcdohl, save again then restart Suikoden 2 with the data loaded and see what armour he has. Doing Suikoden 2 again is no problem really
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

you load the Suikoden I data into Suikoden II when you start a new game. if starting a new game and getting to the part where you recruit McDohl is no problem, i commend you.
Suikidal

Post by Suikidal »

KFCrispy wrote:you load the Suikoden I data into Suikoden II when you start a new game. if starting a new game and getting to the part where you recruit McDohl is no problem, i commend you.
Yeah thats what i meant, restarting Suikoden 2 with the armour-less McDohl data loaded in.
I'll let you know how it turns out when i try.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Isit true that you will get a +5 more level if you hit lv80 first?? And +5 more if you hit lv99?
Grade"A"Brassiere
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

A Suikoden 1 "No Equipment" McDohl....

....equals a Suikoden 2 McDohl with Dragon Armor equipped.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

cool thanks for looking into that! so he still has Silver Hat and Winged Boots?
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

I'm afraid I'm not sure, all I remember 100% is Dragon Armor because I was a bit furious about that. He has Obento (Item), that's for sure.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Well i got a question. My McDohl and Flik are at Lv65(McDohl has higher EXP) in S1....Howcome in S2 Flik gains the extra +5 level and not McDohl?
Grade"A"Brassiere
v1p3r32

Re: [FAQ] Transferring Suikoden I save data

Post by v1p3r32 »

Hi I have been playing suikoden and had just completed it on my psp. But I've lost the save data for me to load to suikoden 2. Ya I know about the error for psp to load data for different games but for my case I accidentally deleted the saved data.

Is there any ways to download saved data for suikoden for psp?

Thanks
avenger

Post by avenger »

There should be at those gamefaqs sites... but the best way to get a saved file from game one is to load the memory card of ps1 to your ps3. then from there you can take that file and connect the psp to the ps3. then copy the file over to psp.
anyone else can correct me if I am mistakened . so let's wait for someone else to confirm this.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

i think this would be the best place to ask this; is it just your lvl that matters when your importing to S II or do stats matter? I.e. if i used the stone trick to get the characters stats in I way high would that effect them in SII? or is it only lvls and weapon sharpmess that has any effect?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

stats don't matter at all.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

Im trying to remember.. does the castle name you pick from I become the new nation in II? I remember a nation being named after something and cant remember if it was whatever you picked in I going over to II, or whatever you picked for your army in II becomes the new nation at the end
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Nah, it's always the Toran Republic in Suikoden 2.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
LetsRock

Post by LetsRock »

I have a question...

Im playing Suikoden 1 right now and im going to make a ''perfect'' file of Suikoden 1 but before i load my data i wanna know some things.

When i transfer my Suikoden 1 data my characters will have a level and weapon level boost, depending on what level/weapon level they have in my save file. Should i max out the weapon level of these characters to 16 in Suikoden 1?

(Flik, Viktor, Luc, Humphrey, Pesmerga, Clive, Stallion, Tai Ho, Hix, Tengaar, Lorelai, Futch, Kasumi, Sheena, Meg, Valeria, McDohl)

I read i should equip a silver helmet and a master garb for the hero in S1 and for humphrey a windspun armor
I have the chance to recruit the hero from S1 and gremio and i will get another recipe

So thats it?

Nothing more important things? Im not talking about the level boost that characters may have in Suikoden 2. I dont care about this.

Thanks