[FAQ] Transferring Suikoden I save data

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
AlphaSigmaOne

Post by AlphaSigmaOne »

Siel Avadon wrote:Pretty strange if Viktor and Fliks levels are cut in three, My Viktor and Flik was level 59 or 60 in at the last save point.

But Viktor as Lvl 25 and Flik 20 at the run trough the area with the mist monster.

Also, Where should I save to get the data over? Do I need to save at the last savin point to get these effects?
Maybe, but it's better that way. Would you really want their levels three times as high as everyone else that early in the game?
Uh Oh
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Well, I've leveled everyone up to their high 50s and sharpened everyone's level to 16 (except Kasumi since I don't intend to recruit her). I'll post what the characters are like in comparison to how I left them when I get that far. That could be in a long time though.

Edit: Strike that. I don't think I'm ever going to have the time to get around to that so don't get your hopes up, sorry!
Last edited by Oppenheimer on Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gorudo

Post by Gorudo »

Oppenheimer wrote:Well, I've leveled everyone up to their high 50s and sharpened everyone's level to 16 (except Kasumi since I don't intend to recruit her). I'll post what the characters are like in comparison to how I left them when I get that far. That could be in a long time though.
Levels are /3. There's a +5 level bonus for being the highest level character, and another +5 level bonus if you get them to level 99. If I recall correctly at least.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

AlphaSigmaOne wrote:
Siel Avadon wrote:Pretty strange if Viktor and Fliks levels are cut in three, My Viktor and Flik was level 59 or 60 in at the last save point.

But Viktor as Lvl 25 and Flik 20 at the run trough the area with the mist monster.

Also, Where should I save to get the data over? Do I need to save at the last savin point to get these effects?
Maybe, but it's better that way. Would you really want their levels three times as high as everyone else that early in the game?
'

No but someone said that there suiikoden one levesl are split on three when they come in to Suikoden II, My viktor was level 25 and diffently not was he level 75 in suikoden I.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

It's not Suikoden I Level divided by 3. That would be impossible since Kasumi, Valeria, Sheena all join at Level 38. That would mean their levels at Suikoden I is 117. I already posted a formula of sorts in the first page.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Siel Avadon wrote:No but someone said that there suiikoden one levesl are split on three when they come in to Suikoden II, My viktor was level 25 and diffently not was he level 75 in suikoden I.
Then your Viktor was at level 60.

60/3 = 20
20 + 5 bonus (from the being the highest leveled character in S1) = level 25.

Make sense?
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Okay, Kwanda was 61-62 but he doesnt cross over. Thank you I understand know.
weird_name_lah

Post by weird_name_lah »

Red Killey, I thought last time (before they moved the board), someone specifically has shown the details of the levels of characters in Suikoden II based on Suikoden I? Was it you? Oh yeah, just to add, no matter what runes you give to Flik and Viktor, they won't be carried over... Furthermore, I tried to give double-beat to every single Sui 1 character that reappears in Sui II by gameshark to no effect. I didn't get a single double-beat rune from 'carrying over process' at all. High elemental runes worked though...
Pessu

Post by Pessu »

Tai Ho's killer rune carried over from my Suikoden 1 save. Unless he's suppose to have one. At least the rune slot guide didn't mention anything about him bearing a killer rune.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Yeah, he does come with a Killer Rune, Suikoden I data or not.
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

Well, my girlfriend is playing Suikoden 1, I'm sure she'll be playing Suikoden 2... so... just for transfering purposes... let me get this straight...

#1. Double-Beat doesn't transfer no matter what.

Only Silver Hat, Master's Garb, & Windspun Armor will transfer over to those few select people, Tir & McDohl

#2. Weapon Levels do transfer over, so I may as well crank everyone who transfers over to level 16

#3. It seems and sounds to me that the only runes that transfer over are just your basic elemental runes, no clone rune, no double-beat, no spark, etc. and that the walkthrough on GameFAQs.com, is a big fat liar about runes transfering over unless it needs to be VERY specific...
Yamms

Post by Yamms »

AlphaSigmaOne wrote:

That's a good point but yet so many of us still level and sharpen up everyone's weapons xD

I think viktor was my highest because all my chars were level 60 and viktor was lvl 27 starting in my game.

And Kirkis, weapon levels don't really transfer 100% but it's a good idea because they will be higher than normal (just not level 16, maybe like 1-11) :D
weird_name_lah

Post by weird_name_lah »

I dunno whether people are still interested in this, but it seems that no matter what, certain characters are 'locked' to a certain level in Suikoden II.

I used codebreaker in emulator to level all Suikoden I characters who carry over to Suikoden II to level 99. Flik and Viktor remained in their 20+ level while Futch lv 57, Humphrey lv 52, Sheena lv 58, Lorelai lv 58, McDohl lv 58, Vincent lv 49, Meg lv 48, Stallion lv 48, Pesmerga lv 99 (glitch). The others: Luc, Valeria/Kasumi, Tai Ho, Viki are not boosted as much as these characters. So basically, the characters that are involved in the storyline, or the ones that we definitely encounter during storyline are 'locked' to a certain level.

Regarding the other things, just to re-affirm again:
1. I experimented a few on runes and even though some claims that Higher Order runes are transferred over to become basic runes (e.g. Cyclone in Tai Ho to become Wind), these claims appear to be false (even though I haven't tried on all characters).
2. Double-Beat Runes, as a lot of people have already discovered, are also not carried over. Basically, NONE of the runes equipped in Suikoden 1 get carried over. So don't bother on this.
3. Blood Armor DOES NOT carry over when equipped to Futch. I don't know who started this rumor last time. The only equipment that I know will carry over is Windspun Armor. My McDohl always have Silver Hat and Master Garb, so I can't confirm this. No shields or accessories carry over.
4. Pesmerga CAN have weapon level 16 when he join (perhaps the only one)... It only happened to me on my latest gameplay. Before then, sometimes his weapon is level 14, sometimes 15. The rest vary from 9-12, other than McDohl whose level was about 14. These are possible for me when I sharpen all their weapons to level 16.
The Black Knight

Post by The Black Knight »

I have started playing Suikoden II, but I ran into a problem. When I got to Kyaro, Viktor and Flik joined at level 20. That's not much of a problem, I know, but that's never happened to me before. My entire final party was at level 59 during my save of Suikoden I (at Gregminster). I just want to be sure I loaded my data correctly. Usually they join at level 22 or 27.

I looked through the topic, but I want to be completely sure on this. I did load my data correctly, right?
What the Futch!!!!

Vagueness is my specialty.
rnoron

Post by rnoron »

what about stats? do those carry over if you use the stone trick in S1?