[FAQ] Transferring Suikoden I save data

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Well what lv will McDohl be at if he is lv60 in S1?

Thanks
Kreutz

Post by Kreutz »

I don't think I saw this posted in this thread, but doesn't a Power Ring carry over for Viktor if he is equipped with it. Also, doesn't Earth Boots equipped to McDohl carry over as Winged Boots in Suikoden II?

I was also wondering if either one carries...say two of the same item, would the carry over in Suikoden II be two of the same item?

EDIT: I think it's unlikely that two of the same item carry over now that I think about it more. But it would be nice if that happened. :)

More EDIT: The Power Ring carry over for Viktor is was just a rumor, it didn't carry over.
Last edited by Kreutz on Mon May 21, 2007 9:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RonnieBell

Post by RonnieBell »

My McDohl was lvl 63 whenever i beat the first 1. and he was the highest lvl char at the end. every1 else that transfered over was lvl 60. and McDohl was lvl 46 when i got him finally. But i might have 2 restart both the first and 2nd suikoden right after getting McDohl cuz i 4got 2 wait on dueling Lester in the cook-off and got owned not being able 2 get Gremio's Recipe. I'm still trying 2 figure out if the stat rune pieces in the first 1 give more than 1 stat point, cuz if so i'm starting over the first 1 as well lol.
Kreutz

Post by Kreutz »

RonnieBell wrote:I'm still trying 2 figure out if the stat rune pieces in the first 1 give more than 1 stat point, cuz if so i'm starting over the first 1 as well lol.
Maybe you need people in your party with high LUK in order to get high points off of the stat rune pieces. :lol:
RonnieBell

Post by RonnieBell »

lol...well considering the only person i use them on is McDohl, it kinda makes ur last reply pointless lol.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Ronnie Bell i thought highest lv character in S1 get +5 lv bonus? In that case your McDohl should be at lv48 why 46?
RonnieBell

Post by RonnieBell »

dude McDohl comes at lvl 41 if he's not the highest lvled char by the time u beat it, 41-46 is 5 lvls dude.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

But do not forget that there is an add in Lv Bonus from S1. Remember the formulae thing?

For my case my Victor, Flik and McDohl are all at the same Lv which is Lv63 in S1. In S2 Flik join at lv 27 and Victor only at lv 22. Why??

I wonder what Lv would McDohl join at.

Thanks
RonnieBell

Post by RonnieBell »

maybe it goes by alphabetical order, and Flik got the boost because he was first in line through that system. no telling. i would assume ur McDohl would b 41 then.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

If thats the case this is not quite fair. McDohl will starts at 43 not 41.

Thanks
RonnieBell

Post by RonnieBell »

could have something 2 do with the lvl of Riou by the time u get him 2 though.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

I guess its my mistake. McDohl is not a returning character so he did not get any Lv bonus beside the +5 for being the highest Lv character and +5 more for getting to Lv99. I am not 100% sure someone clarify please.

Thanks
RonnieBell

Post by RonnieBell »

u r correct on this matter actually. good deal.
Jam-Jul Lison

Re:

Post by Jam-Jul Lison »

son_michael wrote:yup, right before you fight babarosa

save at that save point and you will be able to upload data in suiko 2

I thought I would clarify this part a little. You do not have to use the last save point in the game to carry over. I distincly remember after the big war battle to take over gregminister saving and actually using that save file to load up on Suikoden 2. Though if you really want the best possible transfer overs, you are best just using the very last save point since you would have leveled up more getting to that save point. lol
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Things carried over...

Post by KFCrispy »

you can load ANY save from Suikoden I to Suikoden II. loading ANY save with all 108 Stars of Destiny will unlock Gremio in Suikoden II.