How to kill evil Luca ?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Buff

Post by Buff »

i actually never knew that.i don't think the game book even has that in it.
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

Weel, I though that in your last fight with Luca, he will have 6500 Hp no matter what. But I guess I was wrong. :(
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

I was in big trouble the first time I played Suikoden 2. I only leveled up about 6 people, and two of those people were the other party leaders. So when the fight came to Riou. Luca annhialted all three of my groups. I honestly forgot how I pulled off a win, but it took me at least 5 tries. The first time though, I put Viki in Viktor's party. "OH WOW! She has good magic!!" I said. "She'll be really useful!!" I said!!!

She used her magic...coins dropped from the sky...and killed the entire group. I hate you Viki. And I have no CLUE what possessed me to use you again in Suikoden 3 against the water dragon ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME THING HAPPEN. I'm an idiot.

But anyway, does anyone else think that the Luca Blight battle is the greatest scene in video game history? I just loved it. He was bombarded with arrows, attacked by 18 of your characters, another arrow attack followed by a 1 on 1 duel. All done with awesome music. I thought it was amazing.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

ROTFLMAO

viki never did that to me...

and yes luca blight is extremley tough
Last edited by son_michael on Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mad Prince of Highland

Post by Mad Prince of Highland »

Harder than the final boss imo.
"Fear is a stupid emotion."
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

Mad Prince of Highland wrote:Harder than the final boss imo.
Final bosses always seem to be easy in Suikoden. But Luca as a character was just unbeatable. Not only did it take all that effort I mentioned above. But Riou's army also had to know in advance to even get the chance to defeat. Luca was one hell of a character.
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Luca was nad is very hard to beat, but I know about S2 almost everithing, so he isn't that hard for me. But I must say that he's the hardest boss to be.
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Yalan

Post by Yalan »

1st round :

Flik - Rikimaru - Shiro
Luc - Tomo - Kinnison

UNITE ATTACKS ALL THE WAY, I had healing spells on Flik, Rikimaru tried his best to attack and the others did UNITES. To get rid of the guards, I used Luc and he beat the shoot out of Luca with powerful spells. He had healing spells too.

2nd round

Camus - Viktor - Milkotov
I don't remember the back row

Viktor attacks, Camus uses his Rage Rune at the beginning and after Knight Attack will take care of Luca.

3rd round

Valeria - Sheena - Anita
Stallion - Riou - Tai Ho

(I love Tai Ho so I used him). I equipped the Spark Rune on Stallion so everyone attacked before Luca, I had FIre Sealing equiped on Valeria and managed to get all of my characters berserk 2 times in the fight, Rival Attack made all the work for me. Sheena used his support and healing magic, the spell that makes you immuned to Magic and Evading the attacks is really useful.

So, there's no big strategies, use the characters you feel to use. Try to have massive attack spells in the first two rounds for the guards and try to have Unite Attacks in every rounds, Luca should die quietly without a lot of problems. NEVER go against him without upgrading your weapons and leveling your characters and try to beat him in EVERY ROUND so he comes in the last one with a lot less HP.
Jurya-san

Die pig! :X

Post by Jurya-san »

Indeed, Luca Blight's one hell of a boss (even though he's not the ultimate boss). But yae can easily outmaneuver him by selecting your most favored characters; there's a lot to choose from a variety of 108 anyway! The flying squirrels plus some extras aren't added yet. ^^;

To start, yae should at least weaken him in 2 rounds so that in the finale, yae can quickly dispatch his arse!

In my game, before the night of ambush, I had to carefully choose those who are capable of attacking, as well as using magic with a good deal of damage. I had to somehow increase their levels, sharpen their weapons to a considerable level too (money problems get in the way). Runes and embeds are very effective too, so use them wisely!

I did not include those who had major DEF-Lo (when usually they have MDEF-Hi). Luca's more of an offender, so you'll have to stick DEF-Hi characters in the front line. But then, he has this attack... a T-attack where your recruit in the middle at the back receives a damage too, and the one who's infront receives double.

Your purpose in the 2 rounds (each held by Flik and Viktor) should be to weaken his defense, so when it's your round, you'll see a him a little down on his knees. That'll be the hint that yae have done good enough from the previous 2 rounds. Then, use your ULTIMATE, TRUSTED recruits! Be wary... he gets more fiendish when he's badly injured. ^^;

Last round: I had Camus, Sheena, and Sierra (she's equipped with a robe that makes the user impervious to attacks) at the frontlines; Riou (of course), Nanami, and Luc at the back row.

I never bothered using Viki (lol), just 2-3 normal hits and she's out! Her Blinking rune's a joke!

EDIT: Sorry 'bout that, Michael-san. It's sized 11; hope it's readable now. ^^;
Last edited by Jurya-san on Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
+~To be forgotten is worse than death~+
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

you seriously need to change your font...it will hurt everyones eyes
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Re: Die pig! :X

Jurya-san wrote:Indeed, Luca Blight's one hell of a boss (even though he's not the ultimate boss). But yae can easily outmaneuver him by selecting your most favored characters; there's a lot to choose from a variety of 108 anyway! The flying squirrels plus some extras aren't added yet. ^^;

To start, yae should at least weaken him in 2 rounds so that in the finale, yae can quickly dispatch his arse!

In my game, before the night of ambush, I had to carefully choose those who are capable of attacking, as well as using magic with a good deal of damage. I had to somehow increase their levels, sharpen their weapons to a considerable level too (money problems get in the way). Runes and embeds are very effective too, so use them wisely!

I did not include those who had major DEF-Lo (when usually they have MDEF-Hi). Luca's more of an offender, so you'll have to stick DEF-Hi characters in the front line. But then, he has this attack... a T-attack where your recruit in the middle at the back receives a damage too, and the one who's infront receives double.

Your purpose in the 2 rounds (each held by Flik and Viktor) should be to weaken his defense, so when it's your round, you'll see a him a little down on his knees. That'll be the hint that yae have done good enough from the previous 2 rounds. Then, use your ULTIMATE, TRUSTED recruits! Be wary... he gets more fiendish when he's badly injured. ^^;

Last round: I had Camus, Sheena, and Sierra (she's equipped with a robe that makes the user impervious to attacks) at the frontlines; Riou (of course), Nanami, and Luc at the back row.

I never bothered using Viki (lol), just 2-3 normal hits and she's out! Her Blinking rune's a joke!

EDIT: Sorry 'bout that, Michael-san. It's sized 11; hope it's readable now. ^^;
How can you equip Sierra with Dream robe when you recruit Sierra after Luca and you get Dream robe also after Luca???
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Jurya-san

Post by Jurya-san »

Oh, ah forgot! Using Sierra was actually that part when ah fought that Dragonbone thingamob in Greenhill... so sorry! And... I can't seem to remember, but for sure, I had to risk a magic user in the front line as well.

Sorry again! The last time I've played it was like... 3 years ago. This is memory gap; thanks for correcting me though. ^^;;
+~To be forgotten is worse than death~+
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

How can you do that, Suikoden2 is the best.
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

I guess Luca didn't use an item to ignite his sword. He must have a Sword of Rage rune equipped, then he uses it on battle. But as we see, if it's really the Sword of Rage rune, then we could have seen its sign everytime he ignites it.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I think the item information is canon from Konami.