How to kill evil Luca ?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Kasumi wrote:By the way, as I give the same name to my hero in Suiko I and Suiko II, the other characters are making comments such as "oh you wear the same names ! Maybe it's a common name for great people !"
Do they really? I didn't know that the writers put in that much detail. I'm almost surprised to hear that it worked based on the transferring name issues.
Kasumi

Post by Kasumi »

Indeed, Oppenheimer, it does. In fact when I played the game I was thinking about this already and asked myself what it will look like with both characters wearing the same name. But I didn't wanted to change my hero's name anyway !

It happens only once in fact. I don't remember if it's Ko or his sister who say it but I think it's one of them.
Well, in the end I should have dated Tir before the end of the war...
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Are you sure Ko wasn't refering to Hero II and he doesn't believe you are really him when you meet him?
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Hxc Flavor wrote:As is Canopy Defense. That spell is invaluable during fights like Neclord and Beast Rune.
Err.. yeah, but we're talking about the Luca Blight fight here. Canopy Defense only works if the front row's the only one left standing.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Hxc Flavor wrote:Are you sure Ko wasn't refering to Hero II and he doesn't believe you are really him when you meet him?
Nope, Kasumi was right. If you name Tir and Riou the same, there will be a comment made by someone about it.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Kasumi

Post by Kasumi »

After all, the guys in Konami were just wise enough to consider that, logically, most of the players will give their own first name or their favourite nickname to Tir, and will do the same with Riou. There is no reason why you should change of name from one game to another.
Sabrewulf

Post by Sabrewulf »

When you must choose fake names before the greenhill mission, if you name Nanami "Nanami" she'll tell you than you must choose a fake name =)
Konami really think about (almost) everything
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Red Killey wrote:
Hxc Flavor wrote:Are you sure Ko wasn't refering to Hero II and he doesn't believe you are really him when you meet him?
Nope, Kasumi was right. If you name Tir and Riou the same, there will be a comment made by someone about it.
does it have to be the "S1 name combined with McDohl" like the US bug, or should is just be "McDohl" or just the original S1 name?
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

KFCrispy wrote:
Red Killey wrote:
does it have to be the "S1 name combined with McDohl" like the US bug, or should is just be "McDohl" or just the original S1 name?
It's just the same name. Like if you name Tir as "Joe" in S1. Then you also name Riou as "Joe" in S2.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

But in suikoden 2 (US version), Tir's name is "Hero's Name"and the non-overlap with Mcdohl.

For example, if Riou is named Joe, Tir's name in the game would be Joeohl.
But i think someone still makes that comment about same names, even though the names aren't Exactly the same.
I named both guys the same but very vaguely remeber Ko saying the names are the same. (Not sure).
Strategy is the key to victory!
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

MatildaWhiteKnightLeader wrote:But in suikoden 2 (US version), Tir's name is "Hero's Name"and the non-overlap with Mcdohl.

For example, if Riou is named Joe, Tir's name in the game would be Joeohl.
But i think someone still makes that comment about same names, even though the names aren't Exactly the same.
I named both guys the same but very vaguely remeber Ko saying the names are the same. (Not sure).
Well the Suikoden 1 data would still have the name as "Joe" and it ended up the same as Riou's name which is also "Joe"

And if you name Tir as "Joe", then you'd have JcDohl in Suikoden 2. The ones that will overlap are the capital letters.
Anamanaguchi

Post by Anamanaguchi »

Can anyone really confirm what comment is made to the same names of the heroes?
Kasumi

Post by Kasumi »

Anamanaguchi wrote:Can anyone really confirm what comment is made to the same names of the heroes?
The comment is something like "You are called [Name of the Hero], just like general [Name of the Hero] ? What a chance ! Then it must be a common name for brave people". I don't remember exactly but it is something like that.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

The pretty boy attack may be quite useful if you have miklotov and camus in Flik's party. Then put earth rune and water rune on any member on the party who has an open slot.

Don't use rune combinations, such as fire+lightning on him. When I tried F+L, it only inflicted 300 DMG to luca, because his magic resistance is 50%.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

heh.. you guys probably won't believe it but I killed Luca Blight alone with Riou. He's not that good. I equipped Fire Sealing on him, and have Sheena in the team. With Sheena earth magic, I can do 100% counter attack.
Nick Bruiser