How to kill evil Luca ?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Nemesis wrote:heh.. you guys probably won't believe it but I killed Luca Blight alone with Riou. He's not that good. I equipped Fire Sealing on him, and have Sheena in the team. With Sheena earth magic, I can do 100% counter attack.
Well if you have Sheena in your party, then it's no longer "Riou alone".
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

I guess you are right... fine.. Riou fOUGHT alone 1 on 1 with Luca BUT Sheena put a magic on him. He died anyways.. I didn't equipped him.
Nick Bruiser
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

well one thing that's true is Revenge Earth in this game is godly, i think you even take 0-1 dmg from special atks that hit. Luca doing 2 atks per turn makes it very useful in this situation.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

KFCrispy wrote:well one thing that's true is Revenge Earth in this game is godly, i think you even take 0-1 dmg from special atks that hit. Luca doing 2 atks per turn makes it very useful in this situation.
Usually, it's Clay Guardian (level 1 Earth Rune) first to minimize the damage taken. Then Revenge Earth (level 2 Earth Rune) to allow counter attack. These two spells are excellent against Luca because he doesn't use magic at all.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

I agree.. but his special hit looks like it is his attack enhanced with fire magic to me..
Nick Bruiser
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Nemesis wrote:I agree.. but his special hit looks like it is his attack enhanced with fire magic to me..
It's fire elemental, but not fire magic. According to Konami's official information, Luca Blight uses an item to launch that fire-sword attack. So Luca Blight didn't use any magic at all.
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Can anyone elaborate Alexnicolas' trick during the luca fight? His topic was locked by the way. Did he mean, only RIOU as your 3rd party and him placed at the back row? I guess the only way Luca could penetrate the back row is if someone is in the front row...am I right?(He'll use the vertical row fireslash)
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

lol maybe. i hope he comes back to explain!
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

It sounds dodgy to me - perhaps this triple party formation time is the only time you can sit a character in the back row alone... normally once entering battle he will move forward to the front row.

How would Luca attack in this situation? He has three main attacks, one hits the entire front line, the second hits the first party member and the person behind them, the third is 3 hits non elemental on one character.

Does Luca just stand there and take punishment or does he execute moves on thin air?

When you complete that battle and chase him ( hence having random battles ) does that fix the formation and push Riou to the front? It always has when I tried the back row army.

You weren't using any GameShark devices or anything when you did this right? I had to ask.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

if only i had a save for this fight..
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

im gonna try it sometime this week, and ill let you know if it works,

I have a save right before the fight with luca
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

I read somewhere that when you fight with Luca alone with Riou, he won't be able to attack. Is this true???
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

I defeated Luca in final battle in only three rounds. :=) I had:
Front row: Humphrey, Sheena, Riou
Back row: Rina, Nanami, Luc.
Humphrey didn’t have any rune on himself, Sheena had Earth (it didn’t helped a lot, it was useless, only earthquake was god spell), Riou had fire sealing rune and his half of rune of beginning, Rina had lightning rune, Nanami had hazy and water ( again it was useless) an Luc had Cyclone rune. I attacked with Humphrey and Nanami every time and with Sheena after she used all earthquakes. I used Riou’s B. S. attack, Shining Light. Rina and Luc were great in magic, they used the best attacks of the runs they had. I equipped all of them with Fire Embels, I think this is the name. The first and second round, the damage that is given by Luca was about 50 points or more to characters in the front row, and the damage was the same in second round, only Sheena was weak, so I healed then wit Bright shield rune first spell. And the next thing I know is that I won. This was so strange, ‘cause I always had problems with Luca. I think the thing is that I used the money trick for the first time, and I bought the best equipment. I also finished the worm in Forest path to Gregminster in two rounds. I think I’m getting better and better in this game every time I play it.
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
Buff

Post by Buff »

i found some thing really useful on my last play through on s2.when you fight luca with viktor and flik's group make sure you finish it without having all your people dead.if you do that successful when you battle him with riou's group it makes things faster.usually it takes me more than 5 rounds to kill him.but when i beat him with flik and viktors group,i finished luca in 3 rounds.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Buff wrote:i found some thing really useful on my last play through on s2.when you fight luca with viktor and flik's group make sure you finish it without having all your people dead.if you do that successful when you battle him with riou's group it makes things faster.usually it takes me more than 5 rounds to kill him.but when i beat him with flik and viktors group,i finished luca in 3 rounds.
This is quite a common knowledge that if Flik and Viktor's units won (instead of being wiped out), Luca would have less HP when Riou's unit fight him.