Recruiting Stallion

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Recruiting Stallion

Post by Red Killey »

In the page http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs2/stars/ it's mentioned that Stallion to be recruited #44 which is clear enough before the Greenhill mission and right after the Two River mission. Is it confirmed that it could be done like that?

If I remember correctly, Stallion could only be recruitable after he said something along the line of "I ran away from Greenhill when Highland attacked", which wouldn't make sense if we could recruit him before the event in Greenhill.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

he normally says something like "nobody believes me, but i ran away from the Highlanders when they attacked..." since you first can talk to him, so i think he is referring to the incident involving Jowy and Annabelle.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Ah, I always thought that he referred to the attack to Greenhill because there's one kid there who mentioned something about the blue haired elf. I'll try to get Stallion right after the Two River mission next time I played S2 then.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Kuromimi
Elite Member

Post by Kuromimi »

He is referring to Stallion. During the events in Suikogaiden Volume 1, Stallion made an appearance in Greenhill while Highland was attempting to take over Greenhill; before Jowy freed the Muse soldiers. Stallion saved Teresa from a barrage of arrows, according to HowlingGuild's summary.

http://www.suikosource.com/images/gaiden1/4/67.jpg
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

That's my point. If we could recruit Stallion before the Greenhill mission, then he would be staying in N.Window castle rather than taking part in Greenhill. So it wouldn't really make sense for us to be able to recruit him prior to that mission. But I could be wrong.
Kuromimi
Elite Member

Post by Kuromimi »

I believe the events during that chapter in Suikogaiden are taking place while Riou is still in Two River City. I think they're defending against another generals attempt to take over Greenhill (Rowd maybe). When you complete that mission, Stallion has already been to Greenhill, saved Teresa and bolted once Jowy's plan went into action.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Ah, that might solve everything. Thanks, now it's clear for me.
Yuber

Post by Yuber »

dont forget tho stallion is already in radat before u even go to 2 river and is there before u even make north window into ur castle
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

Yuber wrote:dont forget tho stallion is already in radat before u even go to 2 river and is there before u even make north window into ur castle
Hence further proving his speed, that you never noticed he was gone. ^_^

I believe he claims to have fled every city that gets taken over before Greenhill aswell... Muse as an example. With GodSpeed anything is possible.