Getting Gordon

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Wolfblade

Getting Gordon

Post by Wolfblade »

How am i suposed to get him? i've done a load of trading and then when i go back to talk to himit's reseted back to 50,000 potch. What do i do?
Asquian

Post by Asquian »

Gordon joins after you make 50000 potch PROFIT from the trading game. just trading doesn't wok, and if he's still at 50k, you are probably taking losses in the trading game.

It's easy enough to make 50k, just trade in crystal balls and ancient texts, you'll rack up the cash quick.
Sonya -cat

Great RPGs never die, they just get more expensive -Me
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

also, if you money is maxed/near-max you should spend money in shops to make room for the 50K. selling Ancient Text for 10,000 potch when you have 999,998 will net you 1 potch.
Lord Tsubaki

Post by Lord Tsubaki »

- buy crystal balls in South Window, sell them in Kobold Village.
- buy ancient texts in Kobold Village, sell them in Forest Village.
"heehee! a fish, a fish, I wish to catch a fish." - a kid from Kuskus
Siu Lofu

Post by Siu Lofu »

Whenever I go to South Window or Kobold Villa the Text/Ball is darkened out...i cannot buy them, and only those two items...why's this?

I talked to Gordon and he said to make the 50k...so...eh?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Go play the rope climbing minigame for a couple of times and grab those antiques. Then sell 'em at whichever Trading Post that buys them. With absolutely no cost, it's really easy to get up to the amount especially with expensive urns like the Blue Dragon Urn, etc.
Siu Lofu

Post by Siu Lofu »

Rope climbing....mini-game? :?:
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

i missed it my first couple playthroughs too,its in your castle where the sun is shining through what looks like a big window but its a door,i know its on the right side of the castle(a soldier runs it)
Eagles May Soar But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines.
Siu Lofu

Post by Siu Lofu »

Speaking of urns...Do they suit any purpose other than for show in the bathroom? Is there any reason other than that to keep them...benefits? If not, they could all be sold...

If there IS a purpose for them, wouldn't i want to keep a valuable urn like the Blue Dragon? Why would i sell it to get Gordon if it's so valuable?

Likewise, my initial question was: Why are the crystal ball and text grayed out if that is the most efficient way to retrieve Gordon? Obviously, Tsubaki and others were able to use this method...am i missing something?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Siu Lofu wrote:Whenever I go to South Window or Kobold Villa the Text/Ball is darkened out...i cannot buy them, and only those two items...why's this?

I talked to Gordon and he said to make the 50k...so...eh?
er i think it's just that they don't have the item in stock. those are pretty rare to find because they are so valuable.
Star of destiny

Post by Star of destiny »

Whenever i play it, throughout the game i always keep my eye open for these items and whenever i find one, i buy it. So when i come to get gordon ive got all the items i need bacause i had gathered them all through the gaem. it works for me!
:!:
"Leknaat calls me "traveler of the night and bearer of the stars". Though I see the stars that dwell within each of you, I could not possibly hope to know where fate may take you. And I myself am simply one star among many."
weird_name_lah

Post by weird_name_lah »

To me, trading seemsto be rather easy. Whenever you just entered a town for the first time or after quite some time, use the commonly used trick.

Save at inn before entering any of the shops (trading post, armor, item shop, etc). After that check whatever you wish to get from one shop. Eg, if you want to get ancient text in Kobold village. Just save and then enter the trading post. If it's not available, soft reset (L2+L1+R1+R2+Start+select). Repeat until you get the desired result.

You can even do this to get the rare finds in item and armor shop. What makes things even better, once you get what you want from one shop, you can save again and check for what you want in the other shop, provided you haven't entered it for quite some time.

This is because the game will only permanently set the rare find or trading lists only after you talk to the sellers and traders provided that you haven't entered the shop for quite some time or entering it for the first time...
confused redhead

Post by confused redhead »

Buy gold bars in Crom and ESPECIALLY Rokkaku, sell in Highway Village. Isn't that the only other place that buys/sells gold bars?