[FAQ] Cook-off and Recipes

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Sierra

Post by Sierra »

Gorudo told you.
Examples of Western Food would be Hamburger or Sandwich or whatnot

Vegetarian food would be Salads and such.

If there's a recipe and you want to know if it's CHinese, Japanese, or whatever, do a simple Google search, and all will be revealed.
Japanese would be sushi, omelettes and these things.
Sweets... well, cake, pudding, sweet salad.
Western, hamburger kind of things.
Credit goes to "lucreborn" for my previous avatar.
"Judgement of Lorelai" for my current one!
Thanks both =)
Odessa Silverberg

Post by Odessa Silverberg »

Examples:
Vegetarian food: Green salad, Island salad.
Japanese food: Sunomono, Sushi, Japanese stew, Shabu shabu.
Sweet food: Tomato juice, Cheese cake.
Seafood: Salmon meunire, Tempora, Grilled red fish.
Meat: Meat & potatoes, Meat pie, Grilled beef.
Chinese and Thai: Chu chin, Tom yum.
Western: Pizza, Sandwich.
"Even if I close my eyes, the world will not disappear..."
- Mathiu Silverberg -
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Eugene wrote:um... i would like to know what examples of chinese, japanese, sweets, western and etc. not the judges, this time.
Eugene, this is the second time that you ignored a previous member who has answered your question. It has been answered by Gorudo before. Please READ what has been posted before you decide to ask the same question. I'm starting to lose patience with you repeating the same question again and again.

Now let's use your common sense and knowledge a little bit. I'm totally confused on how you have no idea of a single example of each type of food that you asked. Let's go through it one by one:
1. Vegetables. Have you never eaten vegetables at all that you don't know what "vegetables" are? Common sense, salad is made of vegetables (recipe #4). So salad is a type of food made of vegetables.
2. Sweets. Do you not know that sugar tastes sweet? Common sense, most food with sugar would taste sweet. Never eaten any ice cream? Recipe #10 (ice cream) added with sugar makes pudding. Hmm... ice cream with sugar ... pudding, sounds sweet? So pudding is an example of sweet food.
3. Japanese food. Have you never seen (or even eaten in) any Japanese restaurant? I'm sure that there are Japanese restaurants even in the Philippines. Never seen one near where you live? Fair enough. Recipe #11 (Quiche) added with Salt makes Japanese Egg Soup. Recipe #28 (Curry) added with Soy Sauce makes Japanese Curry. Recipe #34 is called, yep, Japanese Stew. Again, a little bit of common sense, and have a look at the game.
4. Chinese food. Now this, I'm really surprised if you've never eaten Chinese food in your life. Never seen any Chinese restaurant at all? Okay, fair enough. Recipe #30 (Ramen) added with Sugar makes Chinese Noodles. A little bit of checking about the recipe in the game would give you that answer easily.
5. Seafood. Even from the name, it's very obvious that it's food from the sea. What lives in the sea? Fishes ... clams ... shrimps .. crabs .. lobster .. etc etc. I simply refuse to believe that you have no idea what seafood is. But if you say you don't, okay then. Recipe #9 is called Fish Fry. Recipe #14 is called Simmered Fish. Recipe #15 is called Fried Fish Balls. And so on, so simple to find the answer just by reading what the actual name of the recipes.
6. Meat. Never eaten meat at all? You could be a vegetarian, but you don't even know what vegetables are. So I thought you're a carnivore, I guess I'm wrong. Recipe #7 is called BBQ Meat Bun. Recipe #13 is called Meat Pie. And so on, again, you only have to read the name of the recipes, but you didn't bother to do so.
7. Western food. I'm 99% sure that KFC, McDonald's, or other fast food chains have branches in Philippines. You would also know that being a Philippino (Asian), you're an Easterner while people from USA or Europe are called as the Westerners. So all you have to do is use your knowledge to see what kind of food they serve in the west. Hmm ... Italy is in Europe, and Italians love to eat Pasta ... yep, Recipe #19 is called Pasta. Italians are also famous for their Pizza .. yep, Recipe #25 is called Pizza. Ooh, McDonald's serve hamburgers .. yep, Recipe #31 is called Hamburger. Use a little bit of common sense and you'll know these answers.

See? It's not that hard at all if you actually try to find out the answer, some of the recipes even explicitly mentioned those things in the recipe names. How could you not know it? The only answer that I can think of is that you didn't even read the recipe names at all. Because if you do, you'd know some of them at least. And if you don't even read the recipe names, what's the point of you playing the cook-off mini-game?

Don't get me wrong, we are here to help. But you should know that some things are easy enough to find the answer in the game without having to be asked in a message board. Frankly speaking, asking an example of each dish is one of those things. You're a high school student, and this things are basic stuff that a high school student should've known.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

thanks odessa silverburg!! sorry again red killey because our internet didn't finish loading and i was waiting for the page to completely load! the computer in the cafe was so slow that it didn't finish loading the page, really really sorry!!!
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I :heart Red Killey. :mrgreen:

I think Cheesecake is the best dessert evah.

Not to sound stupid, but which course should I serve Eilie Croquettes on?
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

I'll sticky this one since people seem to be having so much trouble with cook-offs and recipes.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

hey everyone, could i know what recipes you use?? (the winning ones, of course!)
yipikiyayey21

Post by yipikiyayey21 »

Tinto Specialty.. Its.. The recipe named Full Course.. Added with.. Hmm? I dont remember what spice is it.. Full course Recipes Sure gives you a high score...

[21]

Kung sino man ang mga pilipino jan, pm nyo lang ASL nyo sa kin.

ALL MY GAME FILES IN SUIKODEN 1 AND 2 WAS DELETED. GRRR... I Hate it!
Mr Fitcher

Post by Mr Fitcher »

Gallup:
What is your best score in Cook Offs?

Mine is 50.
Wise man think before they act.
I'm not wise man.
Sailor

Post by Sailor »

I'm curious if anyone has ever tied battle #9? In case you can't recall, that's the battle which the chef you're challenging will get a 50 every time. I know one time in that battle had I known about the preferences of the judges, I certainly would have gotten a 50. I presume you still lose somehow, but does the reason for you losing change? Is there some tie-breaker round?
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

If you get the same score as the opponent, you would still be considered as losing the cook-off. So even if you managed to get 50, you'd still lose against that chef (I thought it was cook-off #7 instead? #9 would be the second time that Hai Yo faced that chef whoever his name).
yipikiyayey21

Post by yipikiyayey21 »

I think his name was Jinkai.. Am i Right?? Well, i know you have to battle him 2 times. The first time you battle him is ur are destined to lose.. The next time would be the your last showdown with him, where in case you beat him, Hai Yo will have a little talk to Him and Tear up the Moon Bird Recipe. Then Jinkai will switch to Hai Yo's Side..

[21]

highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

No, it was Retso. You're supposed to lose the first time.

Oh, and about the Tinto Specialty, I think it's Full Course+Red Pepper.
yipikiyayey21

Post by yipikiyayey21 »

highwind44029 wrote:No, it was Retso. You're supposed to lose the first time.

Oh, and about the Tinto Specialty, I think it's Full Course+Red Pepper.
Was it retso! Thanx for the correction!

[21]

Sailor

Post by Sailor »

Red Killey wrote:If you get the same score as the opponent, you would still be considered as losing the cook-off. So even if you managed to get 50, you'd still lose against that chef (I thought it was cook-off #7 instead? #9 would be the second time that Hai Yo faced that chef whoever his name).
Well, according to the Cooking FAQ, he's both #9 and #11, #9 being the unwinnable battle. Anywho, I was just curious since I figured you'd have to lose that one anyways, but wondered how they'd handle a tie.