[FAQ] Cook-off and Recipes

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Tiger

Re: Cook-off and Recipes

Post by Tiger »

i use the meat sallad as an appetizer gets great ponits
Suikoden is not just agame it is a way of life
Paler than Moon

Post by Paler than Moon »

I LOVE Kaiseki Dinner recipe (use gameshark). Kaiseki DInner + sugar makes Candy House, which is...a candy house! It's a little house, possibly made with chocolate.
"If only..."
But thou art wind!
Do not scream:
thy fragrance deafens.
anakputa

Post by anakputa »

best appetizer is green salad!!! always 5! except for meat lovers
Yeah, Sierra, all this sun makes us cranky...
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

anakputa wrote:best appetizer is green salad!!! always 5! except for meat lovers
I use a cheat device and get that Sashimi Combo or Kaiseki Dinner and make the appetizer Special Salad, dinner would be Complete Kaiseki, and desert would be Candy House. :)
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Re:

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

True Wind Bearer wrote:
weird_name_lah wrote:Sorry to post this only after 2 months?

Anyway, there hasn't been any incident where when we get a tie the judges say that we win the cookoff right? I thought it is clear that you lose when you get a tie?
Every time I have gotten a tie as a result, I end up losing.

For some reason I seem to get around 7 ties through every play-through. X_X
It would make sense, all ties in any cook-off battle are programmed to equal to a loss so that there is no way to cause the game to freeze the storyline if you happen to tie Retso in the first cook-off battle with him.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Frozen Wolf

Post by Frozen Wolf »

Guys!!!, Where Can I found a recipes??
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

Frozen Wolf wrote:Guys!!!, Where Can I found a recipes??
check here.

http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs2/gu ... citems.php

not sure if this is off topic, let alone answered but...in the PSP remake...is that "Recipe 34 Glitch" still in Suikoden II?
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

^^yes the glitch is still there. You need to create an early save before the Neclord event, so you can always reload if you screw up. For my case it always screw up with Window Set 2 from the fire lizard thing...
Grade"A"Brassiere
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

gradeAbra wrote:^^yes the glitch is still there. You need to create an early save before the Neclord event, so you can always reload if you screw up. For my case it always screw up with Window Set 2 from the fire lizard thing...
Huh??? That's a pretty famous glitch! Famous enough for them not to not hear about!

Hmm....
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Celes
Global Admin

Re: [FAQ] Cook-off and Recipes

Post by Celes »

I don't get the reason for this being sticky, so it will be released.
Antimatzist

Re:

Post by Antimatzist »

I know this is VERY old, but:
Vextor wrote:I have a Japanese guide that shows all of the numerical data related to the cooking game, but the whole thing would take forever to write over here. One thing for sure is that the "Eilie croquettes" is one hell of a choice. It is the only food item that "I hate all food items"-type characters will enjoy to a certain degree (character such as Luc, Pesmerga, and Sheena).

Also, when you serve non-appetiser/salad items in the first round, or non-dessert items in the third round, the score actually gets reduced by 48%.
The same is true if you make dessert or appetisers for the main dish.

Also, there are some "suprise" food items which have a base 5% (modified by the judeges affinity for that particular food item) chance to change the score to "5". These items are mostly ones that use "red pepper."
Can you maybe scan that page/these pages at least? This would be very interesting! Maybe someone can then translate it, would make a great FAQ for this page. :)