Suikoden 2 Konami official guide

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
JiN88

Suikoden 2 Konami official guide

Post by JiN88 »

Hello, hope everyone of you are doing well since the Covid-19 lockdown and hope everyone stays healthy. I been bored and been replaying S2 here and there, looking about stuff, and decided to look into old magazines. I don't know much about Japanese but using some translation app I can infer from the pics of what they meant. These were all proposed ideas so you won't find anything ingame.

https://archive.org/details/gensousuiko ... icialguide

Some notable differences are:

1) Riou, Jowy, and Nanami, were supposed to have different weapons. Jowy has the most changes from staff, tonfa, and either a sword or a spear. Pg 46-48

Sierra was supposed to have a Katar like weapon. Pg 53

2) Gadget...looks different. Pg 50

3) If I'm not wrong Lucia was supposed to be recruitable. pg 69

4) There used to be an idea for summoning beast for effects, much like how FF games works, and probably the idea was condensed into the Blue Gate Rune.
I think the only remnant of this idea is the Kitsune-- Page 75 & 77.

The rest of the Elemental Runes seems to have a spirit associated with them. There was someone before that found 3 character sprites but didn't know where they belonged. Could it be related; page 72 has 3 monsters that, in some way, looks like those sprites. Pg78

5) The opening sequence was supposed to have an image of Nanami cooking. Pg273
faospark

Re: Suikoden 2 Konami official guide

Post by faospark »

this is rather interesting
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

They always seem to have had designs on turning Gadget into a giant robot of some kind. I wonder how it would have played out in the story.

The version of Gadget in Suikoden 3 actually has character models for an evolved form that doesn't even fit on the screen. I don't recall if in-battle versions existed for it, but I don't think so. I vividly remember trying to steer him around Budehuc's courtyard, and I like to think I'd recall seeing a giant mech punching boars.
AlOnZo

Post by AlOnZo »

Wow. The variations of Riou and Jowy are interesting.