Need some explanation

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Fikri123

Need some explanation

Post by Fikri123 »

greetings to everyone
i am new member, i would like to ask
is that possible tu mod rune that contain unity rune
like magus blazing camp ?
if possible, how i can do that ???

thank you
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: Need some explanation

Post by Pyriel »

Yeah, it's possible.

The surest way is just to edit EMBL.BIN, if memory serves. The developers had a bad habit of having things in multiple places, but I think that's the only place that had the runes fully defined. If you do it with cheats as the game is running, there are pared down lists of everything your party has equipped that might come into play. Within EMBL.BIN each rune has up to 4 spells on it. Spells are in MAGI.BIN. All you'd have to do is change the list on the rune to spells you want.

I've actually done this before, editing the Fire Rune (I think) to cast nothing but unites just for laughs. It's not hard. There are even several unused runes that you might be able to appropriate and hack onto your characters, or put in chests or on enemies as drops if you can be bothered. The first unused block available is 0x20-0x26, between Dryad and Trick. Typically the unused ones are just named something like "Dummy Crystal" in Japanese, and all the spells either point to Flaming Arrows or "Dummy Spell".

Code: Select all

0020	ダミーの封印球
ダミーの封印球です
Spell 1: ダミーの席法
Spell 2: Flaming Arrows
Spell 3: Flaming Arrows
Spell 4: Flaming Arrows
Cost: 0
Slotmask: 70
Unknowns: 03 00