Suikoden 2 Japan Demo

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
JiN88

Suikoden 2 Japan Demo

Post by JiN88 »

Was snooping around and realized the Japanese Demo is just slightly smaller than the real version; It has slight changes like NPC sprites (Dogs are puppies), can't push people, some items problems, etc. Playing through all you can get is to the Mist Monster and the credits rolls around. Some old message from gamefaqs seems to be doable with disc swap method and confirms most of the stuff are still there.

Is there any way to bypass it? Also, anyone knows where to find the Europe (Demo) version?
Antimatzist

Re: Suikoden 2 Japan Demo

Post by Antimatzist »

The EU version of Suikoden II was released together with Vandal Hearts II. There is a FAQ on suikosourc eon its contents. http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs2/indepth/demo.php

I do not understand the rest of your post. Are you saying that the full game is on the demo disc?
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

If they're doing some sort of disc swap, they're simply letting the game load the newer modules in places of the Trial's. I would be shocked if the full game was actually on the disc, as I remember the size being significantly smaller than the full release. Plenty of mechanics from the full release also weren't finished at the time the demo launched.

There are some other subtle changes to the Taikenban version of the main story. Off the top of my head, Mist Monster is substantially weaker, Leona and some other characters have different portraits, and moving against diagonal walls doesn't work.
JiN88

Post by JiN88 »

Ah I see. There are some just not all, like stuff and places jumping around. The area does only extend to before Kyaro area.