Doing a walkthrough for Suikoden II

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Jimayo

Doing a walkthrough for Suikoden II

Post by Jimayo »

I've recently been playing suikoden II and I was pissed by the lack of a comprehensive walkthrough. Every walkthrough I've found is missing shoot, whether it's items you can find in cities/towns/villages or alternate scenes or glitch exploits. I haven't found a comprehensive walkthrough that covers everything you can possibly do as you go through the game, forcing me to use multiple documents, which is really annoying. So I decided to make my own. So you might be asking why are you posting this? Cause I was hoping I could post it here and get some editing help. Making sure I'm not missing anything. So, if anyone is willing to help me make sure it's a comprehensive as possible, I would really appreciate it. This is what I have so far.

Walkthrough
At times you will make choices, mostly dialogue. I will only mention the choices if different choices provide different outcomes. I will be listing the shops for each town and what they sell. I cannot confirm that I have gotten all Rare Finds so some may not be listed.

Highland Camp
-------------

You start in the highland camp with your best friend jowy. Jowy will ask you whether to go to sleep or explore the camp. There's no point to walking around. You can see a highland soldier hiding in the shadows who runs away when you get too close. If you want to see Clive's tale just go to sleep. You'll be woken up by shouts of an enemy attack. Make sure you unequip your boots and equip them on Jowy. Do it now, before you leave the tent. When you go outside Captain Rowd will tell you to run east to escape.

*** Optional ***
You can skip that and just head north instead. You will get an optional scene with Rowd and Luca and still end up fighting highland troops. It's faster so I'd recommend it if you want to get Clive's tale.
*** End Optional ***

When you get to the forest Jowy stops you and says this is where the enemy ambush should be, let's go back and mention it to Rowd. Heading back you see Rowd talking to someone you don't know(Prince Luca Bright of Highland) and it sounds like they are responsible for the attack, not the state. You will have the option of running away or confronting Rowd. If you confront Rowd you will fight the soldiers that are with him and then run north.

When you reach the cliffs Rowd will roll up with 4 soldiers and send them to attack you. Defeat them and Jowy will say you need to jump off the cliff. You can agree or refuse 4 times which will lead to another fight with 4 highland soldiers.

*** Optional ***
You can fight the soldiers 108 times and that will colorize the following intro sequence. A time consuming process that is not for those who wish to see Clive's story.
*** End Optional ***

Ultimately you have to jump off the cliff to proceed. You may want to fight the soldiers just to get some levels, potch and drops(they drop medicine, mega medicine, leather hats and leggings). Always best to push forward if you want to see Clive's story. You and Jowy will be seperated here.

Mercenary Fort
--------------

After the intro you will wake beside the river surrounded by mercenary soldiers and a man named Viktor who will question the hero until Flik shows up and then they will take you prisoner and bring you to their fort. At the fort you will be placed in a cell. A man named Pohl will tell you you have to work for your food. He will give you tasks each day. The first task is to push the boxes against the wall and pick up the rope. Do so(you just walk into the boxes and automatically you start pushing them) and then exit the room. Pohl will check your work and be pleased that you did a good job. Your next task is to get 2 boots from the Barbara, 3 flints from the blacksmith and 2 bags of flour from the item shop. When you go to Barbara(Basement SW) ask for 3 pairs of boots. If you gave Jowy your pair of boots back in the highland camp, you will then be able to equip two pairs and ask her for 3 more pairs(since you only have 1 pair and therefore do not have enough to give to Pohl). Then get the flints from the blacksmith(Basement N). When you try to get the flour from the item shop(Main floor E) the clerk will tell you they are out. Go back to Pohl.

*** Optional ***
Speak to Gengen before speaking to Leona to get a different scene.
*** End Optional ***

Upon hearing the news he will tell you to talk to the barkeep, Leona to get some companions so you can take a trip to a nearby village for flour. Gengen and Tuta will join your party. Leave the Fort and head to Ryube(NE from where you are).

Ryube
-----

Inn
---
70 Potch Per Person

Blacksmith
----------
Raises weapons to lv. 2

Armor Shop
----------

Standard Items
--------------
Bandana 50 Potch
Leather Hat 100 Potch
Robe 100 Potch
Tunic 200 Potch
Leggings 300 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Leather Coat 700 Pothc
Brass Armor 1000 Potch

Item Shop
---------

Standard Items
--------------
Medicine 100 Potch
Escape Talisman 500 Potch
Antitoxin 200 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Mega Medicine 500
Flaming Arrows 700

Nothing much to do here, do not waste your money on the armor and accessories. You may want to check in to the armory just to make sure that equipment will be added to your armory when you get one. Head to the item shop for the flour, likewise check their buy menu to make sure those items end up in your item shop later. Then head back to the fort. Enter the fort and talk to Pohl by the bar. Barbara, Leona and Gengen are all automatically recruited here. The next task is cleaning up oil on the floor. The first spot is right beside you. The next is near the stairs to the main floor. Go up to the main floor. The next spot is in the SE below the E stars. Go up the E stairs to the 2nd floor and go into the center door. There's a spot in there. The last spot is on the 2nd floor below the west stairs. Go back to Pohl.

Heading home to Kyaro
That night Jowy breaks into the fort to rescue you. He will beak you out of your cell but the two of you will be captured by Viktor and Flik. They will interrogate you then put you back in your cell. That night Jowy will pick the lock to the cell and bust you out again. At the main floor Jowy will use the flint and oily rag to cause a diversion. Climb the west stairs and head out to the balcony(SE). Jowy will use the rope so you can climb down to the ground and escape. To get to Kyaro you have to pass through North Sparrow Pass, but you cannot enter it until you go to Ryube, so head to Ryube first. You will find 3 performers putting on a show. Their names are Rina, Eilie and Bolgan. They will choose you as a target for a knife throwing expedition. Continually choose don't move and it all works. After the performance you will mention you are heading to Kyaro. So are they and they will ask to travel together. You need them to enter the North Sparrow Pass so say yes. Before leaving town head to the blacksmith and make sure everyone's weapon is upgraded to level 2. Head N to the North Sparrow Pass.

Rina will get you by the guards here so after the scene follow the path. At the first intersection go W to get the Fire Wall. You can heal at the pool here. Go back and take the E fork. At the next intersection take the E fork to get an escape talisman. Go back and take the other fork. At the next intersection take the E fork to get Brass Armor. Then go back and take the other fork. At the next intersection go right to find a save point. Then head north to the boss.

Mist Shade
----------
HP: 800
Potch: 2000
Drop: Kindness Drops
I find it's best to have the Hero and Jowy beat on him unless they are needed to use healing items. Have Bolgan, Rina and Eilie do the Circus Unite every other turn and while Bolgan is unbalanced have Rina use her Fire Rune and Eilie either attacks or heals.

After the boss follow the path. At the next intersection take the E fork to get a feathered hat. Go the other way to the exit. You may want to clean out Rina, Eilie and Bolgan's accessories. Personally I didn't bother. I would recommend leaving the sacrificial jizo with Bolgan though. You'll need a sacrificial jizo later to recruit someone at a time when you can only buy them from a rare finds in an item shop. It's easier to just let Bolgan hang on to his until you need it. Kyaro is just north. At the entrance to Kyaro Rina, Eilie and Bolgan will part ways with you.

Kyaro
-----

Inn
---
100 Potch Per Person

Item Shop
---------

Standard Items
--------------
Medicine 100 Potch
Antitoxin 200 Potch
Gloves 300 Potch
Cheek Guards 1000 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Angry Blow 700
Winged Boots 10200 Potch

Jowy suggests you go home. Do not waste your money on the accessories(cept for maybe Winged Boots).

*** Optional 1 ***
Recommended for those trying to get Clive's story. Allows you to beat Rowd easily while leveling most of your recruits well beyond the levels you should have now and it takes up 0 time to do so. You will be exploiting two glitches though so those who don't like doing so(I love these glitches) will have to decide how much they want to see Clive's story. It is very hard to get to Clive's checkpoints on time(Clive's story is based on time played, you have to reach certain places under a certain amount of time played). It's doable without using the glitches, but very hard. With these glitches, it's still possible to blow it, but much harder. If you choose to go forward, head to the inn and save and do not save again until after you die. The first glitch is the save glitch. The save glitch works like this. When you die, you have the option to quit or continue the fight. If you continue the fight you will keep any experience, levels and attributes you gained between when you saved and when you died. You will not keep any equipment or potch. And all the time you spent leveling just disappears. You're right back at this save point with the amount of game time it took you to get here and save. So you save here and do not save again until you die. Progress the game to Muse(picking up new recruits along the way, follow the walkthrough along) and then you take advantage of the Muse-Matilda border glitch. At the Muse-Matilda border the gate is closed so you cannot enter Matilda yet. However if you push on the gate and you will push the gate right off it's hinges. Push it far enough forward that you can go around it and you can enter Matilda. Now it's a little risky, if you are not using an emulator(save state) then you could die here before you reach the Highway Village. If you do, bad luck chum, you'll keep what you've gained up till now and end up back in kyaro without being strong enough to beat Rowd. It's highly unlikely though. The fights are not that frequent(you may get to the Highway Village without a single encounter) and if you do run into an enemy, you can always run and that has a good chance of working. Some of your characters may die along the way but you will be staying at the inn in the Highway Village so it doesn't matter. Follow the Road to the Highway Village and head to the inn. You will run into Futch leaving. Talk to Humphrey by the stairs. Pick the first choice every time. He will talk to the innkeeper and buy you a night at the inn. In the morning talk to Humphrey and thank him. Then leave the inn and you will see Kent and a villager talking. After Kent takes off head back into the inn. Talk to Humphrey and then the innkeeper to stay another night. In the morning there will be a crowd around the exit of the inn(seems Kent never came back). Make sure you choose to point out the villager that was talking to the kid. Then choose to assist them on the rescue mission. Futch and Humphrey will join your party. They are leveled for the area so you can leave Highway Village and fight the monsters in the region. I would recommend avoiding the Phantoms until you're party levels to above 20 at least. They can attack anyone and can easily kill your back row. Stick to the PinkBirds. You can even finish off the Save Kent side quest(see the Highway Village section very far below here for directions through Mt. Rakutei, make sure to grab the strength stone and use it on someone, cause you retain any attributes gained when you die and don't give up, even those gained from stones and the stone will be back in that chest next time you come to Rakutei). Beating the boss gives good experience. You'll need a water rune for the hero(gotta have some healing), a rare find in the Muse magic orb shop, and at least 2 fire runes(one for Jowy and one for someone else who is useful with magic, I used zamza). Now about rare finds, a shop can only carry certain items in their rare finds section but what will be in the rare finds section on any given visits is entirely random. Once you talk to the shopkeeper the rare finds set and will stay that way for a half hour. They could be carrying the item you are looking or not, hell, they could be carrying nothing at that time. Normally you could just save, talk to them, if they don't have what you want reset and try again, but during this you cannot save so that is not an option(unless you're using an emulator cause you can save state, talk to them and if they don't have what you want, load state, run around a bit, save state and talk to them again, repeat ad nauseum until they have what you are looking for). So, if you don't have what you want you will have to leave and return after 30 minutes have passed(at least, if you talk to them to them before the timer hits the end it will reset and you will be stuck with the same rare finds you already have for another 30 minutes, personally I would give it 40 minutes just to be sure you're outside the window and the rare finds resets. You will also want to equip everyone with the best equipment they can have. You can't touch Humphrey and Futch's helmet and armor, just their accessories. For the others, assuming you are using hero, Jowy, Nanami and Zamza, all four can get Head Gear. There are no armor upgrades for Zamza in this area, but you can get Jowy and the hero scale mail from RockAxe(or better buy one of them scale mail and grab the dragon armor from the forest path between Greenhill and Matilda, the entrance to that path is in the SW corner of Matilda, and the armor is in the first treasure chest you come across). Nanami can wear thunder god garb, a rare find in the RockAxe armor shop. And for accessories, Humphrey, Futch, Jowy, Zamza and the hero can all equip fire emblems from the item shop in Highway Village and Nanami can get Guard Rings from the RockAxe armor shop. They can all equip thunder amulets, a rare find in the Highway Village item shop. And when you get to the harpy just have Humphrey and Futch lay into it, with the hero healing as needed, Jowy and Zamza using the most powerful fire magic at their disposal and the hero and Nanami using family attack whenever possible. It drops pretty easily and jumps you 2-3 levels(I had my whole party hit level 38 after the fight). And level everyone you have recruited up till now to however high you want(personally I go level 35). You can even finish the Pilika wooden amulet quest as you travel back and forth to the fort to swap out members. Allowing you to recruit Hanna for the last group of 3 to level(with Hanna you have the initial 4 levelers, then a group of 3 to put behind 3 leveled characters and a last group of 3). Always make sure to keep 3 leveled(Hero and Jowy, of course, and whoever else you like, in order to sit on the front lines so the unleveled members don't get massacred. Everyone except for Millie retains their levels, attributes and exp so they will be exactly where you left them when you recruit them again. After you're done leveling go into the forest path at the SW corner of the Matilda area(easier to die there ime) and have all 6 members die. Choose don't give up and you will appear back at the Kyaro inn with your levels, attributes and exp intact and no time having passed.
*** End Optional 1 ***

Head W to get to your house. Take the path N to the right of your house to go to the area behind it. Go to the big tree, walk straight up to it and click X. Do that twice more and you will recruit Mukumuku.

*** Optional 2 ***
If you don't care about Clive's story and hate exploiting glitches but still want to beat Rowd. Leave town with Mukumuku and grind in the area around Kyaro. You'll need to grind out enough potch to get wing boots from the rare finds section of the item shop. Make sure to save before going to the item shop. The rare finds sections only has certain items available to it but which of those items will appear, if any of them, in any given visit is completely random. But, the rare finds section doesn't set until you talk to the shopkeeper, so if he doesn't have what you want, you can reset and try again. After it sets, it stays that way for a half hour(and the clock resets every time you talk to the shopkeeper within that half hour so in order to reset the rare finds section you have to stay away from the shop for a half hour and then save and repeat until you get what you want). You need two pairs of wing boots and as many angry blows as you are willing to grind for. Then when you get Nanami in your party and regain control, equip the hero and Nanami with wing boots, a healing item and a damage(preferably a group one so you can wipe out the soldiers with Rowd as quickly as possible). Then when you face Rowd use the damage items on him/the group/rows/columns/whatever and have Mukumuku attack the soldiers. Heal when necessary and just keep going until Rowd falls.
*** End Optional 2 ***

Now enter your house and head to the room in the SW corner. In the NW corner of this room is a dresser or something. Search it from the S(run around the table) to find ? book(Old Book #1). Then head out the back door where you will find Nanami. After the scene head to the N side of the center area of your house(looks like a dojo training area). You should see a box with three vases on it. If you search it Nanami will suggest taking one of the vases for running away money. Take the medium one, the other two aren't worth much but the medium vase is worth 3 grand. Head outside and you will be accosted by Highland Soldiers. Beat them and Rowd will show up with another squad and ask you to come along quietly. If you went with optional 1 or 2 above say no and beat his ass. You'll get an alternate captured scene and 10250 potch. Otherwise go along quietly cause you can't win. During the scenes you will be rescued by Flik and Viktor. Seems Pohl took a liking to you and begged them to save you.

*** Optional 1 Part 2***
If you didn't have the cash to buy wing boots before beating Rowd and you want a pair(and you likely won't if you took my advice to leave Bolgan his sacrificial jizo), say no to saving Nanami 3 times, then re-enter the city. Save at the inn and head to item shop. When you've bought a pair, head to the main path and go to the far E of town to rescue Nanami. Once you've rescued Nanami you can no longer enter the item shop.
*** End Optional 1 Part 2 ***

When Jowy says suggests you save Nanami select the first option and go rescue her(you can select the second option 3 times to leave her and Mukumuku behind, but what kind of brother leaves his sister in prison?). Run W to the S exit and leave Kyaro. Head back to the North Swallow Pass and pass through it, then head to the Mercenary Fort.

Recruiting for the Mercenary Army and Pilika's Request
------------------------------------------------------

Mercenary Fort
--------------

Inn(Pohl)
---------
Free

Blacksmith
----------
Raises Weapons to Ll. 3

Item Shop
---------

Standard Items
--------------
Medicine 100 Potch
Antitoxin 200 Potch
Cheek Guards 1000 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Mega Medicine 500
Gauntlet 1700 Potch

Back at the fort you'll have a chat with Viktor and Flik, they'll you're free to go where ever you'd like and suggest you go find recruits for their mercenary army. Do not waste your money on the accessories. You can head to Leona to add Gengen to your party. You may want to head to Pohl to rest(especially if you did Kyaro Optional 1, Jowy and Gengen's current hp will be nowhere near their max hp). I'd also level everyone's weapons to Lv. 3 if they aren't there already.

*** Kyaro Optional 1 Part 3 ***
At any point until you have to flee Muse and can no longer get to Matilda via the gate glitch you can use the save glitch to gain some levels by going and grabbing Futch and Humphrey and completing their side quest again. I'm not sure how high a level you have to be before you stop getting much experience from the Harpy but it's probably well above 40. I would recommend pushing forward in the main story until you get the bright shield and black sword runes. With those you no longer need the other runes and can easily best the Harpy. Just make sure to equip your party before you go. Makes it that much easier. And when you decide to finish it once and for all, and just permanently recruit Humphrey and Futch, I would recommend not wasting too much time buying equipment before hand. If you want clive's story you need to keep your time down and time spent grinding potch is time wasted. Spend what you got to outfit those you consider permanent party members(which could be only the hero, there's lot's of stars of destiny coming) cause you'll get plenty on the mountain. And make sure to take advantage of your access to the Greenhill-Matilda forest path, cause there is the dragon armor and a guard ring in there. Free equipment saves cash. Whatever you can't buy now you can try to pick up after you beat the harpy. You'll get plenty of potch(and more equipment) on Rakutei. Pro-tip: Don't waste time and potch equipping Jowy. I think you can guess why that is a bad idea.
*** End Kyaro Optional 1 Part 3 ***

*** Optional ***
For those who don't mind using the save and matilda gate glitches but didn't want to waste all that time progressing the game just to beat Rowd. At this point you can now enter Muse and therefore take advantage of the matilda gate glitch. Feel free to level your characters at any time. Check Optional 1 in the Kyaro section and Kyaro Optional 1 Part 3 above for details on how to do so.
*** End Optional ***

Head on over to Ryube again. There will be a man lying down next to the entrance to town. Talk to him and select option 1 each time, yes even paying 3000 potch for his meal(what could he have possibly eaten that would cost 3 grand?). Now you've recruited Rikimaru. Head to the NW of the village to find a woman pacing back and forth. Talk to her, select the second option and then the first. Now you'll be in Ryube forest behind the village. Head N to the intersection and take the W path. Go over to the nest and bird on the ground and put the bird and the nest back in the tree. Continue N. At the next intersection take the W fork to find 2 treasure chests. Then head E and follow the path to the house. There's nothing here to find but in order to gain 2 more recruits we need to kill some time. If you did Optional 1 in Kyaro, and this is your second time here, the fights are a breeze so you may need to take two trips to the house from the nest in order to kill enough time that Shiro and Kinnison will show up at the bird's nest. Head back to the bird's nest and if they don't show up(and this isn't your second time through this side quest), just leave the screen and come back until they show up. When they do tell them you are looking for recruits and they will join you. I would recommend adding them to the party. Their unite attack is useful in the upcoming boss fight. Make sure to get Shiro to lv. 7. Otherwise Bonaparte only needs to hit him twice to kill him. From the nest just head E until you corner Bonaparte. Then you will fight him.

Bonaparte
---------
Just use unite attacks and heal when necessary. He's not too hard.

With those 4 recruited head to Toto(NW of Ryube) with Nanami in your party.

Toto
----

Inn
---
50 Potch Per Person

Appraisal Shop
--------------
50 Potch Per Item

Item Shop
---------

Standard Items
--------------
Medicine 100 Potch
Cape 400 Potch
Wooden Shoes 100 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Antitoxin 200 Potch
Feathered Hat 500 Potch

First head to the appraisal shop(just W of the entrance) to get that medium vase you picked up in Kyaro appraised(and the old book while you're at it). Now you can sell it for 3 grand. Do not waste your money on the armor and accessories. Head to the inn and talk to person standing next to the counter. Nanami will recruit him and he'll join the current party, drop whoever you want to make room for him. Then leave Toto from the south exit and re-enter. Pilika will run up to the party and take you to her house. She'll ask you and uncle Jowy to go to Muse and buy the wooden amulet from the item store there. She'll give you 70 Potch to pay for it. So exit W and head to Muse.

*** Optional ***
If you head straight W you'll come to Coronet. The blacksmith there can raise everyone's weapons to lv. 5 so it's worth the trip to get some upgrades.
*** End Optional ***

Muse
----

Inn
---
100 Potch Per Person

Appraisal Shop
--------------
100 Potch Per Item

Blacksmith
----------
Raises Weapons to Lv. 4
Currently closed

Armor Shop
----------
tandard Items
--------------
Bandana 50 Potch
Feathered Hat 500 Potch
Tunic 200 Potch
Leather Coat 700 Potch
Brass Armor 1000 Potch
Wooden Shield 300 Potch
Boots 200 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Pointed Hat 1200 Potch
Guard Robe 1700 Potch
Circuret 3500 Potch

Item Shop
---------

Standard Items
--------------
Medicine 100 Potch
Antitoxin 200 Potch
Needle 200 Potch
Throat Drops 200 Potch
Sacrificial Jizo 5000 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Leggings 200 Potch
Flaming Arrows 700 Potch
Sun Badge 3700 Potch

Rune Shop
---------

Standard Items
--------------
Fire 6000 Potch
Earth 4000 Potch
Titan 6000 Potch
Unicorn 6000 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Water 7000 Potch
Fury 15000 Potch

Nothing to do here but go to the item shop and buy the amulet. Do not waste your money on the armor and accessories. If you choose not to pay the 500 potch for the amulet, Jowy will sell his necklace to pay for it. Instead of losing 500 potch you will gain 1500 potch. Head back to Toto. You will see something awful has happened. After the scene Pilika and Apple will enter your convoy. Head to the fort. After all the events are through, Viktor will ask you to find Tsai to fix his fire spears. Tsai lives in Ryube forest. Remember that house you visited while recruiting Shiro and Kinnison? That's Tsai's house, so that's where were going. Head to Ryube and go into the Ryube forest. Take the first fork W and the second E. Follow the path to his house and enter it. Select the first option and he will join you(he will refuse the 2 g's). He will be Tsai convoy which means you can put him in either the main party or the convoy. Exit Ryube forest. After the scene head to the fort. Pilika will meet you at the gate and join the convoy. Save the game then head to the meeting room. They will try to send you to Muse but tell them you want to fight instead. Flik will want to test you in a duel. Duel's are one-on-one fights that are kinda rock, paper, scissors. Wild Attack beats Attack, Attack beats Defend, Defend beats Wild Attack. In this one, you don't have to win you just have to do 50 damage. Then you will get in your first strategy battle.

Fort Strategy Battle 1
----------------------
This one's easy, just listen to apple's tutorial and lay waste with the fire spears(try not to hit your own units).

Fort Strategy Battle 2
----------------------
This one is unwinnable. You can drag it out by moving south to block the gate but all you are doing is making the loss take longer. Just stay where you are at the beginning of the battle and wait for them to enter the fort.

You'll be back in the fort. Jowy says you have to save Pilika, agree and run to the meeting room. After the scenes you'll find yourselves outside with Nanami and 3 random party members. Head for Toto. Pilika will head for the formerly closed cave. Talk to Hanna to the right. Pick the first dialogue choice to recruit him. Follow Pilika and after the scenes the hero and Jowy will have the two halves of the Rune of the Beginning, the Bright Shield and the Black Sword runes. I'd recommend heading to Coronet to upgrade weapons, if any of your characters are less than lv. 5. Head to Muse. You'll be turned away at the gates to head E to the White Deer Inn.

White Deer Inn
--------------

Item Shop
---------

Standard Items
--------------
Medicine 100 Potch
Throat Drops 200 Potch
Leather Cape 1300 Potch
Leggings 200 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Belt of Strength 4800 Potch

Rune Shop
---------

Standard Items
--------------
Fire Rune 6000 Potch
Earth Rune 4000 Potch
Pixie Rune 4500 Potch
Kite Rune 8000 Potch

Head into the inn. You will sleep. In the morning agree to help Alex search the ruins in trade for his Muse Entry Passes. Head out of the inn and take the N path to the Sindar Ruins. Check the stand beside the closed door to have Alex open it. At the first intersection go W to get the chests. Go back and head N. At the next intersection go N(S is a dead end). At the next intersection go E, then S(N is a dead end) to get the chest, head back, go N and cross the bridge. Go N for the chest then S and E to the canal. Head N(S is a dead end. Cross the bridge, follow the path and push the statue onto the button to open the door. Grab the chest and the round plate then go back to the closed door beside the bridge. Put the round plate in the hole. Go N. Head W across the bridge, and go N into the first room to grab the triangular plate. Head W to get a chest. Go back across the bridge and head N(E is currently a dead end, need a square plate). Head E at the next intersection and climb the stairs to insert the triangular plate and drain the water from the canals. Go back to the intersection and go all the way N to the chest then head back to the canal. Head W then S. Ignore the next two E paths(dead ends). The next E leads to a square plate. Go back and head S till you see the chest. Nab it then head all the way back to where you first entered the canals. Head S. At the intersection head S. Head E to get 2 chests. Go back to the intersection and go N. Then W. Choose everyone and now you get a boss fight.

DoubleHead
HP: 2500
Potch: 4000
Drops: Spark Crystal

Family attack and black sword rune. Have the hero heal as necessary.

Climb the stairs and get the treasure. At the exit Alex will get pissy about the worthless treasure and throw it on the ground. Head back to the inn to find out Hilda is sick. After the scene go and pick the herb and bring it back to the inn to save Hilda. In the morning get your permit and head to Muse. You will be arrested then Viktor will get you out of prison and send you to Leona's new bar first and then meet him at city hall. After dropping Pilika off with Leona go E and then N(almost immediately) to the rune shop then E and N(again almost immediately) to run into Elza. She'll give you a couple of packages to hold on to then head N and you'll run into Clive who is looking for Elza. The blacksmith is now open. Head E to city hall. Viktor will take you to meet the mayor. Afterwards follow her assistant, Jess and he will ask you to infiltrate the highland camp. After you say yes(you can say no three times to back out but you can't progress until you say yes), check the N most book case to get Old Book #4(must be appraised). Leave city hall and head south, in the first big square you come to look for Tuta. Talk to him to recruit her. Afterwards head into Dr. Huan's house to talk to Dr. Huan and get recipe #3 from him. Head to the bar. After the scene select your other 3 members. Leave the bar and head back in.

*** Optional ***
You can get a different scene if you wait until you get help from the Toran Republic and you choose Valeria over Kasumi. Bring Valeria to the tavern in Banner Village and talk to Anita then. This does mean getting Anita much later in the game, but recruiting her with Valeria means she will be level 40.
*** End Optional ***

Talk to Anita until she gives you a request and do it. Then leave town, on the way you will run into Elza who will take her packages back and give you sound set #1. Head back into the city and into the inn(make sure you have antitoxin). Talk to Anita until she gives you another request. Then talk to her again and recruit her.

*** Optional ***
This is the last opportunity to go to Matilda with Jowy in your party. This is the best time to use the save and Matilda gate glitches to level all your members(or those that still need leveling). With the a high level Jowy and the Black Sword rune it's the best time to beat the harpy boss at the end of the Save Kent sidequest in highway village. It's also the optimal time to finish that quest permanently and recruit Futch and Humphrey as well as equip those characters you consider permanent party members(don't waste your money on Jowy).
*** End Optional ***

Head N along the road to the Muse-Greenhill border. Talk to the guard and he will let you through and direct you to the forest path. Head E to the chest then go N to the camp. After the scenes, grab the chest by the provisions tent(I'd recommend putting the fire-sealing rune on Zamza, it elimanates the damage to self the fire dragon rune does so Zamza can then deal double damage with no ill effect). Then enter the big tent. When you get back to your party you'll get into a fight. Afterwards choose First we have to get away to leave. If you choose silence you'll get into another fight. Head back to Muse. Go to city hall and then to meeting hall. You'll be stopped by a beuracrat. Go back to the bar, get Viktor and Flik and go back to the meeting hall. After the scene head out to the city gate to join Nanami. You'll have the option to wait with Nanami or head back to the bar and wait there(fast forward to Jowy's back). If you wait with Nanami you'll have 3 more choices to go back to the bar or stay with Nanami(and later Pilika). After the scene head to Jowston hill, NW corner of the city. After the scenes here head back to the bar where Annabelle will be waiting. She'll ask Viktor to slow down the Highland army for 2 days. Jowy will volunteer to fight, say you'll join too. In the morning talk to Viktor to start the battle.

Muse Strategy Battle
--------------------
This one's easy. Make a beeline for Gilbert. After Flik chastises him he needs to get damaged and then he'll switch sides. Make sure you get him to switch sides. After that just wait it out and they'll retreat.

After the battle you'll be back in Muse. Talk to Nanami. In the morning head to city hall to see Annabelle, she'll tell you to come back in the evening. Head to the bar. After the scene head to city hall to see another scene. After the scenes head to city hall. Go to the meeting hall. Someone will direct you to Annabelle's room. Go W and into the room. After the scene head to the bar. Then leave Muse. After the scenes head to the nearby town of Coronet.

Coronet
-------

Inn
---
90 Potch Per Person

Blacksmith
----------
Raises Weapons to Lv. 5

Item Shop
---------

Standard Items
--------------
Medicine 100 Potch
Antitoxin 200 Potch
Kindness Drops 700 Potch
Shoulder Pads 2000 Potch
Boots 800 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Tunic 200 Potch
Karate Uniform 3000 Potch

Go to the tavern and talk to a man to get recipe #5. Then head S and W to get to the pier. You will be turned away by highland soldiers. Head to the inn to see Rina, Eilie and Bolgan. After the scene head S and E to get to the fisherman's hut. Go in and talk to them. You'll have to play chinchorin and win 5 grand to get them to help you. Then head to the tavern to get Rina, Eilie and Bolgan.

*** Optional ***
This is the last time you can exploit the Matilda gate and/or the save glitch. You can level Rina, Eilie and Bolgan if you wish.
*** End Optional ***

Head back to Tai Ho to get on his boat and head to Kuskus. Now is an excellent time to start running from battle. You need to escape from battle 50 times to recruit someone later.

Kuskus
------

Inn
---
90 Potch Per Person

Blacksmith
----------
Raises Weapons to Lv. 6

Item Shop
---------

Standard Items
--------------
Medicine 100 Potch
Flaming Arrows 700 Potch
Guantlet 1700 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Mega Medicine 500 Potch
Recipe #11 2700

Head S then W then S. Go to the big house in the N in this area and search the bookshelves to find recipe #9. Head out of town and follow the road S to South Window.

South Window
------------

Inn
---
80 Potch Per Person

Item Shop
---------

Standard Itens
--------------
Medicine 100 Potch
Throat Drops 200 Potch
Antitoxin 200 Potch
Wind of Sleep 700 Potch
Clay Guardian 700 Potch
Cheek Guards 1000 Potch
Leggings 200 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Old Book Vol. 3 3000 Potch

Armor Shop
----------

Standard Items
--------------
Pointed Hat 1200 Potch
Circuret 3500 Potch
Brass Armor 1000 Potch
Leather Armor 5900 Potch
Guard Robe 1700 Potch
Wooden Shield 300 Potch
Boots 800 Potch
Leather Cape 1300 Potch
Belt of Strength 4800 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Tunic 200 Potch
Half Plate 12000 Potch
Kite Shield 4300 Potch

Rune Shop
---------

Standard Items
--------------
Lightning 6000 Potch
Wind 5000 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Water 7000 Potch

You'll meet Viktor at the entrance, head to the inn to find Flik. Then head E to the rock garden. E of this is a row of potted plants. Search the second one from the wall to get a friendship orb(When embedded it increases attack power by half the number of recruits you have). Then head N to city hall. You will be asked to investigate North Window and Granmeyer will send his right hand man Freed Y with you. Head to the inn then leave South Window and head NW to North Window(you may want to go N to kuskus to upgrade Freed's weapon and embed the friendship rune, then head W to North Window). Here you will run into Neclord. If you choose I won't let you, you'll fight him and lose cause you beat him right now. So choose run away and head S to the Cave of the Wind. Follow the path to the first intersection(it's quite a ways). Head W to the chest then E to continue on. At the next intersection head W to the chest then E to move on. When you get the room with the rocks push one out of the way and move on. In the next few rooms you have wind pushing you down and moveable rocks. Move the rocks to block the wind and move on. In the one with 4 rocks, the upper path leads to 3 chests and an old man who offers to get you out of the cave. The lower path moves on. At the next intersection take the lower W path and then the lower W path again. At the 4 way intersection head S to the chest and then go back. Head W to the chest then back then N. At the next intersection head W to move on(E is just back the way you came). You'll run into a vampire hunter named Kahn and he'll join your party. Continue along until you get the Star Dragon sword.

Star Dragon Sword
-----------------
Potch: 0
Drops: None

Use your most powerful magic, unites and attacks and heal as needed. Afterwards you'll have the Star Dragon sword and you'll automatically be out of the cave, you can head straight to North Window or swing by South Window or Kuskus to heal and sell stuff. In North Window enter the castle and take the E stairs to get the chest. Then take the W door. Head W on the next screen and W to the next screen. Here head to the W door but take the stairs down and get the chest. Then take the W door and follow the path to the room with the statues. Move the one statue onton the brown tile to line up with the others and open the door to continue on. Follow the path to the room with the candles. The top row needs to be lit and bottom row not in order to open the door. Light the one candle and move on. After crossing the bridge and taking the stairs up, there are 2 chests to the E in this room, then move on till you get to Neclord.

Abomination
-----------
HP: 4400
Potch: 10000

Again, use your most powerful magic and unites(the resurrection rune does massive damage to this thing) and heal as necessary. Afterwards exit the castle and Kahn will leave to go hunt Neclord. As you attempt to leave North Window you'll run into your crew. South Window has fallen. During the scene say there must be a way and then agree to get Shu. Head E to Radat.

Radat
-----

Inn
---
50 Potch Per Person

Appraiser
---------
50 Potch Per Item

Item Shop
---------

Standard Items
--------------
Medicine 100 Potch
Antitoxin 200 Potch
Needle 200 Potch
Throat Drops 200 Potch
Angry Blow 700 Potch
Great Hawk 7500 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Speed Ring 16000 Potch
Sound Set #5 2500 Potch
Magic Robe 20000 Potch
Recipe #18 3300 Potch

Take the E path to Shu's house. After the scene head to the restaraunt. Talk to the cook in the back for Recipe #14 then leave. After the scene head S and talk to Richmond. Pay his fee then head to the inn. In the morning head to the bridge(E of Shu's house). After the scene talk to the sluice gate operator(Just W of where you are). Insist on closing the sluice gate and you will get in a duel with Amada. What he says indicates what he is going to do.

Wild Attack
-----------
Okay, boy, here I go!
Argh! I'll get ya next time!!!
I'm just about ready to take the kid gloves off.
That won't get us anywhere! Try this one on fer size!!!!!
Better get ready. Here I go again.
He he, I'll show ya how to attack!
Way to go, kid!!! But I won't lose that easy!
That was fun!!! Let's go again!!!
Okay, it's my turn next.
If ya liked that, I'll give ya some more.

Attack
------
Thinking the same thing, eh. C'mon let's go.
Ouch! Pretty good! Ok, it's my turn next!
Ha ha ha ha! Too bad, boy!!! Now it's my turn !!!
Ouch! That musta hurt! Sorry about that.
ARGH!!!!..... Nice shot..... But it ain't over yet!!!!!
Okay, first a little test.
Hey, you're not gonna win that way y'know.
YOWCH!!!!! Nice one! My hand's all numb!
Ouch! I felt that one!

Defend
------
He he, I guess i'd better hold back a little.
C'mon. It's your turn now.
Got to keep your head cool when you're in a fight, y'know.
Dammit!!! I might lose this one!!!
Damn! Dammit!!! Gotta think!!!!!
He he, first show me what you've got, boy.
I won't fall for that one again.
Woa!!! That was scary!!!!!
Ha ha! Wanna try that again?

Apple will start looking for the coin and she'll tell you back to the inn. Stay and help. Afterwards head back to the castle and go to the meeting room. In the morning head back to the meeting room to start the battle.

Castle Strategy Battle
----------------------
Simple, just make a B line for Solo Jhee and try and kill him. Use repair self to keep your unit at full capacity and bright shield if the other unit needs healing. They will eventually retreat(or immediately if you defeat Solon Jhee's unit).

After the scenes you can either head to the tavern to hear Viktor's tale about grandpa or head straight to bed. In the morning head into the meeting to become leader of an army. Name your army. In the morning head outside and towards the exit of the city. You will run into Filcher. Tell him this is indeed North Window. Head to the meeting hall. Agree to go to Two Rivers. Put Freed Y in your party and head to Kuskus. Go to the docks and talk to Tai Ho. Win 5 grand from him and Tai Ho and Yam Koo will join you. Hed to Radat. Talk to Richmond and agree to his game. After you lose quit and head to the tavern then speak to Richmond again to recruit him. Then talk to Yoshino(the yard across from the appraisal shop, go south around the wall) and she will have a convo with Freed Y. Recruit her. Then head to the bridge and talk to Amada. Beat him in a duel and he will join you(wants in the party immediately(you can dump Freed Y now if you want, he's no longer necessary). Cross the bridge(you'll be in the Merc Fort/Ryube/Toto region) and go to the Mercenary Fort. Talk to Templeton then head to Toto and talk to Templeton again to recruit him. Head back to the castle and go to the tavern. Put together an all female party(the hero + 5 women) and head over to Kuskus. Talk to the old woman W of the item shop then leave the city and re-enter. Cross the bridge to trigger a scene and recruit Oulan. Head back to the castle, put Tai Ho in your party(and Bolgan so you can take his Sacrificial Jizo, it needs to be in party items) and head to the meeting hall. Then head to docks to board your ship. Sail to Kuskus then head S to South Window. Talk to Clive to recruit him(he'll join the party automatically and if you want his story keep him in, first stop on the way is Lake West). Head to the inn and talk to Alex and Hilda to recruit them. Head E just past the trading post then go N and enter the door. Talk to Adlai and give him the sacrificial jizo. Buy a wooden shield and give it to him. Buy a wind crystal and throw it at him(make sure you throw it at him). You'll be back in the castle with Adlai. Good time to swing by your new item shop and maybe grab some accessories(specially if you went to Matilda, cause fire emblems will be available) then head to the docks and sail to Lake West.

Lake West
---------

Inn
---
150 Potch Per Person

Item Shop
---------

Standard Items
--------------
Medicine 100 Potch
Throat Drops 200 Potch
Fish Badge 4300 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Antitoxin 200 Potch
Head Gear 12000 Potch
Earth 4000 Potch

Search the basket of veggies on the dock to find a kindness rune(you want to put this on the hero's weapon). Beside the NE house is a barrel. Seach it to get a cabbage seed. Head into the NW house. Search the shelves for recipe #16. Talk to Taki several times to recruit her. Head to the inn and talk to the man next to counter for the first part of Clive's story(must be <11 hours). Now leave town and head W to Two River.

Two River
---------

Inn(human district)
-------------------
100 Potch Per Person

Item Shop(human district)
-------------------------

Standard Items
--------------
Medicine 200 Potch
Antitoxin 200 Potch
Throat Drops 200 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Guard Ring 8500 Potch
Recipe #23 4200 Potch

Rune Shop(human disctrict)
--------------------------

Standard Items
--------------
Water 7000 Potch
Viper 5000 Potch
Lion 10000 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Wizard 22000 Potch
Warrior 32000 Potch

Item Shop(winger district)

Standard Items
--------------
Medicine 100 Potch
Antitoxin 200 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Wing Ornament 8000 Potch

Item Shop(kobold district)

Standard Items
--------------
Medicine 100 Potch
Throat Drops 200 Potch
Sweet Salad 80 Potch
Dark Chowder 120 Potch
Fried Tacos 170 Potch
Red Pepper Ice 200 Potch
Kobold Pie 160 Potch

Armor Shop(kobold district)
---------------------------

Standard Items
--------------
Circuret 3500 Potch
Half Helmet 7800 Potch
Leather Armor 5900 Potch
Chain Mail 6500 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Silver Hat 24000 Potch
Leather Coat 700 Potch

Some little jackass pickpockets all your potch and the letter from Filcher right after you enter the city. Head N to the inn and go to the second floor to talk to Hans(twice). Tell him you don't have to pay me and you'll recruit him(he doesn't have the money for either of the other choices). Then head to city hall and get denied entry because you lost the letter. Head S, W and N to get to the winger district. Chase Chaco around until he flies away. Head back to the human district to see Ridley about to punish Filcher for lying about bringing you to Two Rivers. After the scene's go the inn, head to the second floor and go to the right most room. In the morning head to city hall. After the scene you will be sent to the Kobold district. When you reenter the winger district Chaco will pickpocket Filcher's wallet. Chase him into the sewer. When you see the first chest go get it, then continue on(do not go back across the bridge). Skip by the next bridge to get a chest then go back and cross the bridge to continue on. When you get to the waterfall there is a hidden path that passes under the water fall but don't go that way. You won't be able to recruit the character there until later. Continue on and grab the chest along the way. At the next intersection head N across the bridge to get the chests. Head back and continue on until you get to the save crystal. Enter the room to fight a boss.

Pest Rat
--------
HP: 5000
Potch: 20000
Drops: Poison Orb

Same strategy as always. After you beat it continue to enter the Kobold district. After the scene head back to city hall. After the scene leave city hall and then follow Chaco to his grandmother's house. Then head to the inn. In the morning leave the inn. After the scene the Highland Army attacks. After the fight agree with Filcher to go get Lord Ridley. After the scenes and the fight and more scenes, head to city hall. After the scene leave Two Rivers. On the way out Chaco will join. Head back in to Two Rivers and talk to Susu(Chaco's grandmother) to get a spinach seedling. Head to the Kobold district and buy a few fried tacos(I go with 3 packs of 4 since that should be more than enough to get toasty status). Head your castle. As you pass through Lakewest head to inn and talk to Shilo. Win 5 grand off of him at Chinchorin to recruit him. Use the tacos on the hero until he is toasty. Head into the N central house and talk to Tetsu to recruit him. When you get to your castle go to the second floor balcony(E side of the castle) to recruit Hai Yo. Go to Radat. Go talk to Stallion(the guy running around real fast). If you've escaped from battle 50 times by now you can recruit him(he'll tell you how many times to go if not, if you're withing 15 go outside and run around the world map until you're done).

*** Optional ***
You can get an alternate scen by doing Hix and Tengaar's side quest later when you can have Flik and/or Viktor in the party(cannot add them to the party right now).
*** End Optional ***

Head to your castle. Now head to the tavern and make a party of the hero, Gengen, Chaco and 3 others(If you are going for Clive's story I'd recommend Stallion be in your party whenever possible at least until you get the blinking mirror). If you are skipping Hix and Tengaar for now put Clive in the party and leave the last slot empty. Head to Two Rivers. Go into the sewers and go the hidden path behind the waterfall. Enter the room to recruit Sid. Leave the sewers and head to the kobold district. Go into the farthest E house and you will recruit Gabocha(no official recruit message but he'll appear on the tablet after this). If your waiting on Hix and Tengaar now is the time to skip down in the walkthrough until you pass through Two Rivers with just Clive and Stallion in your party. Otherwise, head to Kobold Village(S of Two River).

Kobold Village
--------------

Inn
---
50 Potch Per Person

Item Shop
---------

Standard Items
--------------
Medicine 100 Potch
Wooden Shoes 100 Potch
Gloves 300 Potch
Cape 400 Potch
Necklace 1600 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Gold Emblem 8500 Potch
Heavy Necklace 5700 Potch
Recipe #31 4500 Potch

Sidequest: The Test of the Unicorn
----------------------------------

Head to the Elder's House(N). In a vase out front you will find an Exertion Orb. Head inside. During the scene's don't call out the obvious fakeness of this, just agree to help Hix. Leave and re-enter. Talk to the Kobold on E wall to get recipe #13. Head to South Window and go the item shop to get the blue stone. Then head back to Kobold Village and into the Elder's hut. Talk to the Elder then head to the Cave of the Wind(S of your castle). Get the red flower then back to Kobold Village. Next up is the Two River sewers. Follow the path towards the kobold section of town until you find the bell. Then back to the elder. Now you have to go into the Unicorn Forest.

*** Warning ***
In here the Eagleman can drop recipe #12. This and recipe #34 are linked and glitched. If you get one you must keep it in party item's until you get the other(do not give them to Hai Yo or put them in storage until you have both, otherwise the other recipe will be forever gone).
*** End Warning ***

At the first intersection

*** Warning ***
I've read that this chest and conversely that the two chests behind the tree in the Unicorn's glade at the end of this dungeon are glitched and linked to the sheep you can get in the unicorn's glade after you recruit Yuzu. I would wait until you get that sheep before opening these 3 chests.
*** End Warning ***

take the E fork to get a chest. Take the other path to move forward. At the next intersection go W and then S to the chest. Head all the way N then E then N to the chest. Go back and go E(skip the S path, that goes back to an earlier intersection). Take the N fork to a chest, then go S all the way to the end. After the scenes head back to your castle. Put together a party of the hero, Clive and Stallion and no one else. Pass through Two River to the Greenhill area. Run back and forth between Two River and Greenhill(staying on the road as much as possible and entering the city on each end of the path every time) and eventually Makumaku will join the party. Head to Forest Village in the NW of the Greenhill area.

Forest Village
--------------

Inn
---
40 Potch Per Person

Armor Shop
----------
Currently closed

Standard Items
--------------
Chain Mail 6500 Potch
Half Plate 12000 Potch
Steel Shield 2500 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Scale Mail 22000 Potch

if the hero is above level 30, talk to Wakaba in front of the armor shop to recruit him. Then head to the Elder's house(farthest NE house) and talk to Tony to recruit him. Afterwards talk to the village Elder to get a spinach seedling. Afterwards head behind the Elder's house for the next step in Clive's story(<13 hours). Then go to the Trading Outpost and talk to a villager in here to get Old Book #6. Now head to the Greenhill-Muse border(E of Greenhill) to recruit Meg and Gadget. Then head back to your castle and go to the meeting room. In the morning(if you were waiting to do Hix and Tengaar until you can have Flik and/or Viktor in the party, now is the time, before you go to the meeting hall) head to the meeting hall. After the scene head to Greenhill.

Greenhill
---------

Inn
---
50 Potch Per Person

Appraiser(one of the students in Greenleaf Academy)
---------------------------------------------------
150 Potch Per Item

Item Shop
---------

Standard Items
--------------
Medicine 100 Potch
Mega Medicine 500 Potch
Needle 200 Potch
Toe Shoes 2800 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Healing Winds 1000 Potch
Recipe #25 3600 Potch

Rune Shop(one of the students in the Grean Leaf Academy)
--------------------------------------------------------

Standard Items
--------------
Resurrection 9000 Potch
Pixie 4500 Potch
Kite 8000 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Draining 20000 Potch

Go to the inn and talk to the woman in the kictchen to get recipe #20. Head N up the main path till a scene triggers. Continue N and enter the farthest N building. Speak to Emilia at the front desk. Follow her N and talk to her again. Then head back to the desk and talk to her again. Pick the first choice every time and you will recruit her. Check the classroom with a book symbol(W side) and search the right side of the bookshelf for Old Book #5. Head outside for a scene. After the scene head to the dorms(W) and talk to the lady at the front desk. Head to room(S second floor) and rest. In the morning head outside. After the scene head S. After the scene go S into the town and head to the inn. After the scene follow Shin. When you lose him head back to the dorm and rest. In the morning head to the school and go W from the entrance. After the scene go outside. After the scene head S into the town. After the scene head N to the school. AFter the scene head to the dorm to rest. In the middle of the night follow the shadow to the basement. Flick a swith by a crate to open a secret door. Follow until you try to capture the shadow. After the scene check the statue to open a secret door. Follow the path until it splits. Head E to the chest then go the other way. After the scenes head to the town. After the scene and fight head into the school and to the forest path. Head to Teresa's hideout and after the scene head back the school courtyard. After the scene/fights head to Teresa's hideout and after the scene head N. At the clearing take the S path to find a chest. Continue on and head N to the chest then SE to continue on. At the next split ignore the W path and continue S. Grab the chest you see along the way and continue on. After the scene follow the path to the end. After the scene you will be outside Greenhill. Head to Two River and go to the Rune Shop. Talk to Jeane to recruit her. Head for Kobold city and talk to Yuzu(the human child). Tell her you will look for her sheep. You will be in the Unicorn clearing.

*** Warning ***
As per the earlier warning, do not open the chests here.
*** End Warning ***

Just grab the sheep(one is under the canopy of the big tree, just wait for it and it will eventually walk to where you can see it). Afterwards recruit Yuzu. Then head back in to the woods and go to the clearing. Along the way you willf find a lamb. Once you have it you can open the 3 chests you haven't yet(2 are under the canopy of the big tree, one of the chests might be empty because of the glitch). Then head back to your castle and go to the meeting room. After the scene go to bed. In the morning head to the Tavern. Put just Stallion in your party(leave the other 4 slots empty) and head to Greenhill. Run back and forth from Greenhill to Forest Village(in Forest Village you can buy the Iron Hammer from someone in the armor shop and buy a lamb from a man standing in front of the trading post), on the path entering the towns at each end, until MikuMiku enters the party. Then run back and forth from Greenhill along the road to the Path to Matilda(NE), entering each, until Mekumeku enters the party. Then go to Forest Village and run from the there to the clearing just south of Forest Village and run around in there then back to Forest Village, enter it and back to the clearing. Repeat until Mokumoku enters the party. Head back to your castle and go to the meeting room. Put Nanami and Clive in the party. Now head to the path to Matilda. Right after you pass Badeaux you can take the path E to a chest. Continue on, and you'll see a chest in the trees, grab it and move until until you see a path N that splits E and W. Go E to a chest then just continue on till you run into the Miklotov who will escort you to Rockaxe.
Last edited by Jimayo on Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Re: Doing a walkthrough for Suikoden II

Post by wataru14 »

Tuta is male.
Jimayo

Post by Jimayo »

Edited the original post with an update.
Jimayo

Post by Jimayo »

Rockaxe
-------

Inn
---
200 Potch Per Person

Appraiser
---------
200 Potch Per Item

Item Shop
---------

Standard Items
--------------
Medicine 100 Potch
Antitoxin 200 Potch
Angry Blow 700 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Silverlet 7000 Potch
Thunder Runner 1000 Potch

Armor Shop
----------

Standard Items
-------------
Half Helmet 7800 Potch
Head Gear 12000 Potch
Half Plate 12000 Potch
Scale Mail 22000 Potch
Kite Shield 4300 Potch
Guantlet 1700 Potch
Guard Ring 8500 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Brass Armor 1000 Potch
Thunder God Garb 23000 Potch

Rune Shop
---------
Down 25000 Potch
Sleep 18000 Potch
Gozz 7000 Potch

Milotov will take you straight to the castle so head in and go straight to the throne room to meet Gorudo and Camus. After the scene go to bed. In the morning head to the throne. Head in after Miklotov and offer to help.

Matilda Strategy Battle
-----------------------
There's nothing you can do here. Gorudo refuses to help the refugees and they'll be slaughtered by Luca.

After the scene leave the audience hall. Camus will ask you to follow Miklotov to the Muse-Matilda border. Now is the time to explore the city. Swing by the appraiser and check the shelf at the top of the stairs for a violence rune(very handy for Oulan). Head to the inn for the next part of Clive's story(<14 hours). Then head to Highway Village(follow the road SE).

Highway Village
---------------

Inn
---
100 Potch Per Person

Item Shop
---------

Standard Items
--------------
Medicine 100 Potch
Antitoxin 200 Potch
Shoulder Pads 2000 Potch
Fire Emblem 3300 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Rabbit Plans #2 3000 Potch
Protect Mist 1000 Potch
Thunder Amulet 7500 Potch
Recipe #26

Before meeting Miklotov at the Matilda-Muse Border you can do a sidequest here to recruit Humphrey and Futch.

Sidequest: Save Kent!
---------------------

Head to the inn. Futch will bump into you on your way in. Go talk to Humphrey(just below the stairs). Select the first answer every time and he will pay for your lodgings for the night. In the morning thank Humphrey, then head outside. A few steps S of the inn and a scene will trigger. Head back into the inn and talk to Humphrey. Futch will return. Speak to the innkeeper to crash for another night. In the morning you will find a crowd at the entrance to the inn. Choose um... that kid. Then offer to assist Futch and Humphrey on their quest. Head N to Rakutei Mt. After the scene follow the path. Take W fork to the chest then go back to the other fork. Take the E fork to the chest then continue on. Take the E fork to the chest then go back and take the other fork. Take the W fork to the chest then continue on. At the next fork go E and keep on the bottom path the whole way E to the chest. Then go back to the first fork you come to and head all the way N. Then head all the way W to the chest and all the way E(at the end take the upper E path) to the chest. Go back to the previous fork and head S then E to the chest. Go back to the intersection, head N then take the lower E fork to continue on. Follow the path N(ignore the path E) and as you go N a western path will contain a save point. To the N is the boss.

Harpy
-----
HP: 7500
Potch: 40000

Hit it with your most powerful magic and unites and have the hero heal as necessary. The fight shouldn't be too difficult.

After the scenes(ask Humphrey and Futch to join you) you will be back in Highway Village. Go to Kent's house(W of the inn) and talk to his mom. She'll give you recipe #32. Head to the Matilda-Muse border. Miklotov will join as either a party member or a convoy member(your choice). Head through the checkpoint and go to Muse. When you get close there will be a scene. Head inside the city and go to the NW corner. Help the civilian and after the fight head back to Rockaxe. Head to the castle. After the scenes you'll be back in your castle. Go to bed and in the morning you'll be sent to Radat. Have Viki teleport you there. Choose the let's go inside and what options. Then head to Kuskus. The blacksmith there can now upgrade your weapons to lv. 11. Head back to your castle. Head to the meeting room and order the attack.

Radat Strategy Battle
---------------------
You can't win. Ridley will retreat and then the rest of the army will be forced to retreat.

Back at the castle head to bed. In the morning go to the meeting hall and order the troops out.

Castle Strategy Battle
----------------------
Just wait until the ambush units appear then strike. Ridley will eventually show up with the Kobolds. After enough damage Kiba will ask for help from Rowd but Leon shows up and orders Rowd to retreat. Kiba will surrender after that.

Select the second option 3 times and Kiba and Klaus will join(after they hear about Agares). In the morning head to the castle city's exit. After the scene head to the meeting hall. Sheena shows up and suggests an alliance with the Toran Republic(the country created in Suikoden 1). Agree to send ambassadors and Freed Y automatically joins your party. Sheena joins as a convoy so you can put him in the convoy if you don't want him in your party. Put Clive in your party and teleport to South Window. Head to city hall. After the scene head to Radat. Now that you have Yuzu you can buy a pignlet from a kid out front of Shu's house. Catch a ship(SE side of the bridge) to Banner Village.

Banner Village
--------------

Inn
---
40 Potch Per Person

Item Store
----------

Standard Items
--------------
Mega Medicine 500 Potch
Heavy Necklace 5700 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Full Plate 26000 Potch
Rose Brooch 14000 Potch
Rabbit Plans #3 3500 Potch
Tomato Seedling 2600 Pothc

In the lower W barrel next to the item shop is an alert rune. In the house E of the item shop talk to a woman to get a potato seedling. Save and buy a rose brooch from the item shop rare finds(reset until it appears) and then head back to Radat. Go to the SW side of the bridge and talk to Simone. Give him the rose brooch to recruit him(join our group, he'll do either of the other two options but he'll disappear after that and you'll never be able to recruit him). Go into the restaraunt for the next piece of Clive's tale(<15 hours). You will be back in the castle. Teleport to Radat. Head back to Banner and go NE to the path to the Toran Republic. At the first fork head N to the chest. Follow the path to the next fork. Head E to the chest and continue on. At the cliffs tke the W ladder to the chest then the E ladder. At the next level take the W ladder. Then take both these ladders to chest. Go back to the second plateau and take the E ladder. Grab the chest and climb the ladder. Just before entering the next screen there is a secret path through the trees to the S. No point in going there now but make sure you know where it is for later. Continue on to next intersection. You'll see a save point here. Take the N fork to the chest, then the S fork to a chest, then save and take E fork to the boss.

Giant Worm
----------
HP: 4000
Potch: 35000

Same strategy as usual. After you beat it continue on to the border where Varkas will escort you to Gregminster.

Gregminster
-----------

Inn
---
50 Potch Per Person

Item Shop
---------

Standard Items
--------------
Medicine 100 Potch
Mega Medicine 500 Potch
Throat Drops 200 Potch
Needle 200 Potch
Flaming Arrows 700 Potch
Fire Wall 1000 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Winged Boots 10200 Potch
Recipe #28 5700 Potch

Armor Shop
----------

Standard Items
--------------
Head Gear 12000 Potch
Half Helmet 7800 Potch
Magic Robe 20000 Potch
Scale Mail 22000 Potch
Dragon Armor 23000 Potch
Guard Ring 8500 Potch
Thunder Amulet 7500 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Mangosh 6500 Potch

Rune Shop
---------

Standard Items
--------------
Fire 6000 Potch
Lightning 6000 Potch
Titan 6000 Potch
Unicorn 6000 Potch
Gozz 7000 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Mother Earth 16000 Potch
Flowing 22000 Potch

Before entering the throne room take the N path to the stairs. In the room to the W(with the bust of Mcdohl) check the book case to get old book #7. In the SE room talk to the soldier for the copper hammer. Head to the throne room. He'll agree to the alliance and you'll have to choose whether Valeria or Kasumi leads the Toran forces. Unless you really want Anita's alternate scene I would take Kasumi. With her in your party you can enter Rokkaku when your castle hits level 3(it should be already, allowing you to drop in on the way home) and recruit Mondo and Sasuke sooner rather than later. You will be back on the forest path. Talk to Vargas to go to Gregminster again. You'll be in the town instead of the castle. Talk to Lorelai to recruit her. Head to the second floor of the Inn and talk to Sarah for a cyclone orb. N of the trading outpost a man is selling tomato seedlings. Buy a Celadon Urn at the trading outpost and ask Gordon to join you. He'll tell you to make 50 grand trading first and then he will join you.

***Trading Tips***
Crystal Balls from anywhere to Kobold Village
Gold Bar from Rokkaku to Rockaxe
Coral from South Window to Rockaxe
Native Costume from Forest Village/South Window to Gregminster
Flower Painting from South Window to Gregminster
Persian Lamp from South Window to Gregminster
Soy Sauce from Rokkaku to Gregminster
Wine from Forest Village to Gregminster
Wooden Amulets from Kobold/South Window to Gregminster
Ancient Text from Kobold Village to Gregminster
***End Trading Tips***

Now you can talk to Varkas to leave. Head to Rokkaku(that secret path S through the trees from earlier, 3 screens from where you fought the boss).

Rokkaku
-------

If you didn't choose Kasumi you will have to come back here when your castle hits level 4. Mondo will join immediately, but Sasuke will disappear. Head outside and talk to the man here for a blinking Rune. As you head W you'll see Sasuke outside the trading post, talk to him to recruit him. Inside the trading post in the basement talk to both customer to buy a pig and get sound set #6. Head back to Banner Village. After the scene you'll be back in your castle. Before you go to the meeting room, with just you teleport to Two River and head to the Kobold district. Talk to Bob and choose the first answer twice to recruit him. Put Shiro, Tsai and one pure female in your party(if you want to recruit Sigfried the Unicorn instead of Aziboah) and make sure you have a sound set in your party items. Teleport to the Path to Matilda and then go talk to Badeaux. He'll talk to Shiro and then join you(and give you two listening crystals). Then use the blinking mirror to get back to Viki and teleport to Forest Village. Head to the house behind the inn and talk to Connell twice to recruit him. Then head N. Choose wait and save them and then kill the 3 griffins to recruit Feather and Ayda. And if you want Sigfried head to Kobold Village.

*** Optional ***
Try bringing different pure women to Sigfried for alternate scenes. Mikimiku for example.
*** End Optional ***

Head through the forest to the unicorn's clearing at the end. Go the the big tree and use the listening crystal. Have your pure maiden agree to the betrothal to recruit Sigfried. Blink back to your castle. Teleport to Ryube.

Ryube
-----

Inn
---
40 Potch Per Person

Item Shop
---------

Standard Items
--------------
Medicine 100 Potch
Cape 400 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Antitoxin 200 Potch
Fish Badge 4300 Potch

Head to Tsai's house in the forest. Enter the house and Tomo joins. Now blink back to your castle and head to the meeting room. After the scene leave your room.

*** Optional ***
Head to the roof to see a scene with Flik and Nina.
*** End Optional ***

*** Optional ***
Head to the first floor for a scene with Rina, Eilie and Bolgan. If you watch this scene you will no longer be able to talk to Nanami and Pilika.

*** Optional ***
Talk to Shu instead of Nanami to get an alternate scene the next morning where Apple talks to you instead of Nanami.
*** End Optional ***

Talk to Nanami. In the morning head to the meeting room. Save along the way. Time to go to war.

Radat Strategy Battle
---------------------
The goal is to save Ridley. It's unlikely but possible to rescue hin. You need to keep Ridley alive until whatever unit Dr. Huan is in gets in range of him for healing. If you can do that you can keep his health up. Then you just need to get Ridley to end his turn next to one of your units to save him. And make sure the hero's unit takes no damage. You'll retreat immediately if that happens.

After the scene go to your room. In the morning go to the meeting room.

Fields of South Window Strategy Battle
--------------------------------------
Once your units appear you need to damage Luca to end the battle. Fire spears are a great option. Otherwise, just keep trying till it happens. He'll disappear and reappear well away from your army and every unit you have will take damage. Then you'll retreat.

Go to the main hall(where Luc and Viki are) and you'll meet either Ridley, or if you save him, Leon. They'll give you a letter to give to Shu. Head to the meeting hall and talk to Shu.

*** Glitch Exploit ***
If you say wait a minute instead of deploy and head to the tavern and put together a party of 6 with the hero in the lower left slot(the 4ht slot) then talk to Shu and leave the hero alone in his party. Add no one just back out then make the other two parties however you choose, when you get to the main fight with just the hero vs. Luca, Luca will be unable to attack. You'll be able to attack without him ever taking a turn. He can counter but that is the only way you will take damage. Doing it by yourself with straight attacks is likely time consuming though so may not be the best choice for Clive's tale.
*** End Glitch Exploit ***

You'll need to form 3 parties to fight(not battle, fight) Luca. The first will be led by Flik, the second by Viktor and the last by you. The other 5 members of each party are up to you. You only need to win the last one, but who wants to lose. Make sure you have healers and magic damagers in each unit. The night you'll ambush Luca and fight him with each of your 3 parties. After you beat him chase him and wipe out the highland soldiers along the way. When you reach him you will have a one on one fight.

Wild Attack
-----------
Hah........ Are we still doing this....
You Pig!!!!! You dare wound me!!!!!

Attack
------
That's Nothing
Idiot!!!! Is that the best you can do!!!!
Hah...... A draw..........

Defend
------
Ridiculous!!! You think a punk like you can stop me !!!!!
Hah...hah hah hah... Fighting is my life.....
You fool!!!!!!
Pathetic!!!! That's what you call power !!!!
Fool!!!! That can't stop me!!!!!!

After you beat him and after the scenes, Nanami will suggest heading to South Window and Kuskus. Head to South Window. You will recruit Maximilian immediately upon entering the city. Head to the Inn. After the scene head to city hall and talk to Annalee(E of the entrance). Agree to hear her song and then tell her you'd like to hear more of her singing to recruit her. Head to the trading post and talk to Killey. Tell him Alex knows about the Sindar ruins then head back to the castle and go to the item shop. After the scene head back to South Window and talk to Killey again. Choose why did you do that, then talk to him 3 more times to recruit him. Now head to Radat. Head to the Appraiser and give him the celadon vase you bought in Gregminster to recruit him. Now head to the restaraunt and try to stop the crowd from attacking him to recruit him.

*** Optional ***
If you loaded save data from Suikoden I and that data is from the last save point in Gregminster palace, you should be able to recruit McDohl(for sure if it's a perfect playthrough save). Put together a party and head to Banner. Talk to the kid wearing red then follow the SE path to someone(it's Gremio on a perfect playthrough save, dunno who it'll be if he's dead). Then talk to the kid again and go down that path again. Gremio or whoever will run away and you can talk to McDohl. Say can we talk for a minute. During the scene insist you have to save the kid. McDohl will join your party. Head down the path to the Toran Republic. At the save point you'll run into the bandits. They were attacked by a monster and fled leaving Ko behind. Head to the boss fight area.

Giant Worm/Giant Butterfly
HP: 6800
Potch: 500000

Pretty easy. Use the Soul Eater and whoever your damage mage is to take it down in relatively short order. Afterwards follow the path to Varkas. After the scene leave the palace for more scenes. After that you can head to the palace to leave(though if you've made 50 grand trading it's a good time to recruit Gordon). He'll escort you all the way to Banner this time. Now just go back to Gregminster and talk to McDohl to recruit him. He has to be in your party. If you remove him he goes back to Gregminster.
*** End Optional ***

Now head to Kuskus. Head to the inn and talk to Karen. Choose the first answer every time and then dance for her. Press triangle then square then o then x then triangle then x then o then square to repeat her dance and recruit her. Now head to the two men next to the blacksmith shop. After the scene head to the docks. After the scene head back to your castle and then to the meeting hall. Select I'm going to Muse. After the scene take your ship to Coronet. Head to Muse and then head to the Jowston Hill. After the scene leave Muse. After the scenes you'll be in your castle. Head to the main hall. After the scene head to the main gate and you'll run into Koyu. After the scenes put Wakaba in your party, make sure you have a window set in party items, teleport to Kobold Village and head SW to Drakemouth Village.

Drakemouth Village
------------------

Inn
---
80 Potch Per Person

You can buy a calf off a guy here. In the warehouse just E of the inn check the box with the bag on it for a cabbage seed. Now talk to the guard in the NW corner. At the first fork, Koyu tells you to go right, so go right. At the next intersection go E to a chest and go back and take the W fork. After the scene head back to where Koyu said that way leads to Tinto and go W towards Tinto. Keep following the path to Tigermouth Village.

Tigermouth Village
------------------

Inn
---
90 Potch Per Person

Appraiser
---------
300 Potch Per Item

S of the inn you'll find a guy who gives away tomato seedlings. S of here is a chick you can nab by talking to it. In the house just W of the chick you'll find old book #8 on a bookshelf. Now exit the village and head W to Crom Village.

Crom Village
------------

Inn
---
120 Potch Per Person

Item Shop
---------

Standard Items
--------------
Medicine 100 Potch
Mega Medicine 500 Potch
Antitoxin 200 Potch
Revenge Earth 1000 Potch
Cape of Darkness 6800 Potch
Wing Ornament 8000 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Magic Ring 13000 Potch

Head to the inn. L.C. Chan will come running out(assuming you have Wakaba in your party). Go behind the item shop to recruit him. In the house N of the item shop is Tenkou. Talk to him with a window set in your inventory to recruit him. Now leave Crom and head NE to Tinto.

Tinto City
----------

Inn
---
100 Potch Per Person

Blacksmith
----------
Sharpen Weapons up to Lv. 13

Item Shop
---------

Standard Items
--------------
Medicine 100 Potch
Meg Medicine 500 Potch
Antitoxin 200 Potch
Flaming Arrows 700 Potch
Angry Blow 700 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Skill Ring 11500 Potch
Fire Wall 1000 Potch

Armor Shop
----------

Standard Items
--------------
Pointed Hat 1200 Potch
Half Helmet 7800 Potch
Silver Hat 24000 Potch
Chain Mail 6500 Potch
Half Plate 12000 Potch
Scale Mail 22000 Potch
Dragon Armor 23000 Potch
Full Plate 26000 Potch
Steel Shield 2500 Potch
Kite Shield 4300 Potch
Chaos Shield 17000 Potch
Guard Ring 8500 Potch
Gauntlet 1700 Potch
Silverlet 7000 Potch

Rare Finds
----------
Wind Hat 35000 Potch
Tunic 200 Potch
Taikyoku Wear 28000 Potch

The path E then S of the armor shop leads to 2 houses. In the W house talk to the old man for unicorn plans #3. In the E house talk to the man for dragon plans #3. In the mining cart out front of the blacksmith(E side) check it to get a power ring. The stairs W of the blacksmith lead to the mayor's house. On the W side of the house talk to Raura to recruit her. Enter the mayor's house and talk to Gustav. When talking to Marlowe choose I'm not strong at all then go to bed. In the morning head to Gustav's room. After the scene head to the entrance to the town. After the scene talk to Gustav again. After the scene talk to Gustav again. At night, head to bed. On the way to your room talk to Lilly. Then after Nanami heads to bed go to her room talk to her.

*** Optional ***
If you choose maybe you're right instead of I'm sorry it will lead to a sequence of events that gets Ridley killed. Down this path Shu will try to slap some sense into you. If you continue to refuse him it will lead to an alternate ending where and Nanami run away from it all.
*** End Optional ***

Tell her I'm needed and I'm sorry. In the morning head to Gustav's room. After the scene leave his house and head to the entrance of town. After the scenes head E to the mine. After the scene head into the mine. Follow the path and take the elevator down. At the intersection head E to the chest and N to Neclord. You can't win and after three rounds the battle will end. After the scene run out of the mine. After the scene you will awake in Crom Village. Leona is here so you can change party members. Go to exit the town and you will run into Kahn who tells you that there is someone in Tigermouth Village that can seal Neclord's soul. Head to Tigermouth to find Sierra surrounded by villagers. After the scene you'll have to fight her to recruit her.

Sierra
------
Potch: 1000

You know the drill. After you win head back to Crom and enter the house in the back.

*** Optional ***
Before heading to bed go talk to Sierra.
*** End Optional ***

Go to bed. In the morning head downstairs. After the scene leave the village and head E to the cave.
Jimayo

Post by Jimayo »

Updated the walkthrough.