Suikoden 2 Crash?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
suikokid2

Suikoden 2 Crash?

Post by suikokid2 »

Has Suikoden 2 ever crashed and the game froze or would freeze on someone before?
gildedtalon

Re: Suikoden 2 Crash?

Post by gildedtalon »

When you take too long fighting against Rowd
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
suikokid2

Post by suikokid2 »

Any other times?
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

Choosing the lower option during Greenhill, when you emerge from the Academy following Theresa, will lead to a crash on at least some platforms.
suikokid2

Post by suikokid2 »

You know what i discovered that too!
suikokid2

Post by suikokid2 »

Is there any other places in the game or times in the game where the game would crash
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Karen dance minigame likes to make my game freeze.
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

There are two known crashes which are only found in the German version. One is defending Two River (chosing the lower option), the other is checking the status of Kasumi and Valeria in gregminster when you can chose between them.
Maaza

Post by Maaza »

Antimatzist wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:53 am There are two known crashes which are only found in the German version. One is defending Two River (chosing the lower option), the other is checking the status of Kasumi and Valeria in gregminster when you can chose between them.
I am having this problem now after choosing either one. I’m playing on retroarch so Idk what to do now..

Edit: fixed it. I was using the beetle core. I switched to the pcsx rearmed one and got past it. Although when I did use that, my state files didn’t work but I could the save file.
Last edited by Maaza on Fri May 24, 2019 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I've had crashes immediately after recruiting Lorelai in Gregminster. Not sure what caused it, but it happened the first few times I played S2 on PS1.

I also experienced a crash when going to a meeting in the war room (to talk to Theresa about going to Muse with her) this was because I left the meeting to do some stuff with a party of selected characters, and the game allowed me to remove Nanami when it should have locked her because she was needed for that scene. I was able to overcome the crash simply by reloading and going to Leona to put Nanami back in the party.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Maaza wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 3:00 pm
Antimatzist wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:53 am There are two known crashes which are only found in the German version. One is defending Two River (chosing the lower option), the other is checking the status of Kasumi and Valeria in gregminster when you can chose between them.
I am having this problem now after choosing either one. I’m playing on retroarch so Idk what to do now..

Edit: fixed it. I was using the beetle core. I switched to the pcsx rearmed one and got past it. Although when I did use that, my state files didn’t work but I could the save file.
Unless I'm mixing something up, it doesn't matter what choice you pick, just that you've changed the selection from the default. The issue in those two instances is that the localized text pushed beyond what the game expects, and the way it handles those text choices, the game gets lost and doesn't know what the cursor is on if you ever move it.

I'm not familiar with the Beetle core, and I don't recall if anybody ever described how this works when playing the German version on real hardware. So it is possible that PCSX Rearmed is more forgiving, and Beetle is more accurate, but I think there's also a chance that you did something different in your responses.
borjitasstoi

Post by borjitasstoi »

lebrante makes me crash in my game