Why Neclord attacks only females when he turns into a bat?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Why Neclord attacks only females when he turns into a bat?

Post by Sasarai10 »

I remember in S1 he attcked males as well didn't he?
sticky-runes

Re: Why Neclord attacks only females when he turns into a bat?

Post by sticky-runes »

Because he finds brave young girls most... delicious.

As a pervy old vampire who's been collecting brides for 500 years, Neclord probably wouldn't be interested in biting men. He used a doppelganger trick to avoid death in Suikoden 1, so perhaps his double was a bit gay.

Either way, it seems kinda dumb giving him a weak attack that only targets females because then you can make the fight easier by having more women in your party.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

I think it's kind of a cool little detail in the game. Shows the developers took the time to incorporate something mostly inconsequential for gameplay, but adding a layer of depth to the background and fluff of the story. It's also a good way of demonstrating that Suikoden 2 is more advanced than Suikoden 1, albeit considering Suikoden 2 came out in the US within a week of Final Fantasy 8, advanced might not be the first term associated with it :P
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Because the game was well written.

it's what eldrasidar just said, it's one of those little details that make Suikoden really cool because they use little gameplay stuff to express story things.
Venoix

Post by Venoix »

I think it's the little details like this, that make this a great game. :)