It's a shame we can't recruit Stallion earlier

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
gildedtalon

Re: It's a shame we can't recruit Stallion earlier

Post by gildedtalon »

Wolkendrache wrote:but I would never replace these with Humphreys (regarding personality). Better a little annoyed than extremely bored.
I really like Suikoden 2 Humphrey, personality and in-battle :mrgreen:
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
sticky-runes

Re: It's a shame we can't recruit Stallion earlier

Post by sticky-runes »

Yeah, enough with the "he's a teenager" excuse. A big chunk of the game's cast are teenagers (hence having a mission specifically designed for using a group of very young characters to go to school in an enemy occupied town) we've got teens obsessed with food, teens obsessed with gadgets, teens trying to become martial arts experts, teens chasing women, teens swooning over men, teens that rabbit on about their unusual pets or their dead dragons, and none of them are as annoying as Chaco.
Wolkendrache wrote:The difference between Nina and Chaco is that the latter is a stand-alone character while Nina’s character mainly serves to develop Flik’s background imo.
I can agree with you there - Nina's crush on Flik was ridiculously overplayed. Those balcony scenes were totally pointless (and kinda creepy).

I respected Nina once I found out that she was helping Shin to provide for Teresa and when she rallies the townspeople against the Highland soldiers, but those moments where Nina gets emotional and praises Teresa for having such a kind heart seemed totally out of character for her, considering how Nina acts throughout the rest of the game. Even after we find out she's not just a dumb blond, she still goes back to being just a dumb blond. It would have been nice if we saw a little bit more of her heroic and compassionate side coming out, instead of just more of her squealing bimbo side. Even Richmond's investigations and her suggestion letters are all about her crush on Flik. Why does Nina care about Teresa's kindness towards the Muse soldiers? Did Nina have a relative who was in the army and got lost in action or something? They could have given her some more depth here.