Some questions about cavalry units?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Some questions about cavalry units?

Post by Sasarai10 »

-Why weapon is changed from sword to spear?
-Why cavlalry units are classified as "infantry" (if they aren't archers or mages) when infantry means on foot?
-Archers and mages are considered infantry if they are on foot as well,don't they? So basically we should have 8 different types.

-swords,spears,bows,mages (on foot)
-sword,spears,bows,mages (cavalry)

edit: btw,if Riou engages in combat,he's appearing to be one of the soldiers using his tonfa...and he rides a white horse if his unit becomes cavalry....

what the hell? :?:
sticky-runes

Re: Some questions about cavalry units?

Post by sticky-runes »

the enemies are further away from you if you're riding on top of a horse, so a spear is better for fighting on horseback.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:the enemies are further away from you if you're riding on top of a horse, so a spear is better for fighting on horseback.
But in SV i remember cavalry units holding swords....
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

and some infantry units in SV carry spears - gasp! :shock:
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Cavalry units are considered Infantry units in S2 because Cavalry is a support ability that change the unit's appearance, not a separate attack type. Infantry has a move of 1 and a range of 1, Archers have a move of 1 and a range of 2, and Mages have a move of 1 and a range of 3. Cavalry can be added to any of these without changing the unit type. Flik, for example, is an Archer unit with the Cavalry ability.

In SV Cavalry units use swords because Spear is a separate unit type with different stats than regular Infantry (increased attack and defense/reduced speed, if I recall correctly).
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

wataru14 wrote: In SV Cavalry units use swords because Spear is a separate unit type with different stats than regular Infantry (increased attack and defense/reduced speed, if I recall correctly).
Oh sorry don't recall. It's been 3 years since i've had to play SV....