Why Rune Mistress In White Deer Inn So Rude?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Why Rune Mistress In White Deer Inn So Rude?

Post by Sasarai10 »

Ever wondered?

She acts like being a Rune Mistress is a chore. So guess she was forced being one.

Also could she have any connection with this blonde girl in Jownstown hill? Her sprites are similar. She might be someone special...
sticky-runes

Re: Why Rune Mistress In White Deer Inn So Rude?

Post by sticky-runes »

Probably because she's resting at the inn and doesn't appreciate being disturbed during her downtime.

The kobold probably is a bit friendlier because peddlers appreciate getting business wherever they can. A bit like Chiepoo running a store at every opportunity.

To you, every woman is special because you've never seen one before.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote: To you, every woman is special because you've never seen one before.
Whoa bro...sounded like an insult this one. :|
Roshambeaux

Post by Roshambeaux »

Well, maybe it's because you make a big deal out of nameless npcs like the old man in the Cave of the Wind?
A raw tomato for the win!
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Nah he's not insulting you, he's a bit rough around the edges, you should see how he treats me in bed :P

You sound like a lovely person Sasarai10 and most of your contributions to the forum are really great, but you have to admit some of your theories are a bit far-fetched ;) I do not think this woman is anything special and I believe her dialogue has been adapted to show that she is a traveller who is not really happy being disturbed. We observed several times that the authors of Suikoden were careful enough to adapt the dialogues of shopkeepers to match the storyline (think of the elves in Suikoden 1 who talks to yu like shoot in shops), so it is the same with that woman. Don't look any further, really :)
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Not only is she rude, but she vanishes after you save Hilda. The Peddler hangs around but she (her name is Hagure, by the way) disappears while you're in the Sindar Ruins.

Wild Speculation for the LOLZ: Maybe Hagure is the blonde girl at Jowston Hill? She was on her way to Muse for the conference, but stayed the night in White Deer. When Riou and company enter the chamber and sit down in the VIP section, she (in all her smug bitchiness) is scoffing "Oh great, not only are KIDS here, but it's the same kids that bothered me the other day about changing their Runes while I'm on vacation!" Then after the meeting she traveled south to Falena to see Rahal's drag show (filled with the best Jeane impersonators this side of Budehuc). She is also Hugo's father.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Perhaps the Rune Mistress is so rude because Pete is constantly plaguing her with weird theories about irrelevant people…

Btw, she came from the Scarlet Moon Empire where she served as court magician for a while. Before that time she was known as a guy called Aldo.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I'm just f#cking with you Sasarai, don't let it cut you deep :wink: You can insult me next time I start one of my threads.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:Nah he's not insulting you, he's a bit rough around the edges, you should see how he treats me in bed :P

You sound like a lovely person Sasarai10 and most of your contributions to the forum are really great, but you have to admit some of your theories are a bit far-fetched ;) I do not think this woman is anything special and I believe her dialogue has been adapted to show that she is a traveller who is not really happy being disturbed. We observed several times that the authors of Suikoden were careful enough to adapt the dialogues of shopkeepers to match the storyline (think of the elves in Suikoden 1 who talks to yu like shoot in shops), so it is the same with that woman. Don't look any further, really :)
Thanks. It's the "perfectionist gamer" mentality in me actually.

Remember a few years ago when i was playing Crash Team Racing. I wanted to get all my relics Platinum...but i couldn't no matter how hard i tried.

So i ended up breaking my disc out of disappointment.

wataru14 wrote:Not only is she rude, but she vanishes after you save Hilda. The Peddler hangs around but she (her name is Hagure, by the way) disappears while you're in the Sindar Ruins.

Wild Speculation for the LOLZ: Maybe Hagure is the blonde girl at Jowston Hill? She was on her way to Muse for the conference, but stayed the night in White Deer. When Riou and company enter the chamber and sit down in the VIP section, she (in all her smug bitchiness) is scoffing "Oh great, not only are KIDS here, but it's the same kids that bothered me the other day about changing their Runes while I'm on vacation!" Then after the meeting she traveled south to Falena to see Rahal's drag show (filled with the best Jeane impersonators this side of Budehuc). She is also Hugo's father.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Then she's Lucia actually if she's Hugo's father. Seriously it could be a possibility since she was around Dunan region in S2 events. :wink:

Wolkendrache wrote:Perhaps the Rune Mistress is so rude because Pete is constantly plaguing her with weird theories about irrelevant people…

Btw, she came from the Scarlet Moon Empire where she served as court magician for a while. Before that time she was known as a guy called Aldo.
Never understood this theory Aldo = Windy.

Honestly i believe Aldo was a gay character who had a crush on Ted,but he ended up being killed thanks to Soul Eater Rune. Dunno if Ted used Soul Eater between S4 and S1 events....but if he did perhaps Aldo was stalking him and he ended up being killed as a result.
sticky-runes wrote:I'm just f#cking with you Sasarai, don't let it cut you deep :wink: You can insult me next time I start one of my threads.

OK... :mrgreen:
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

ok end of discussion...
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

"Hagure" just means "outcast" in Japanese, so this is not her name. FYI.