Various Minor Silly Questions (mostly about character endings) **POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Various Minor Silly Questions (mostly about character endings) **POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Post by wataru14 »

I recently tried fishing for the first time (I never bothered with it before as I never bought food from Hai Yo) and I was wondering something. When you add a fish to your cooking supplies (I have 3 Whitefish/Shellfish/Shrimp and 1 Salmon) do you always have that number, like with the farm and ranch? Or do you expend the fish when you have Hai Yo use it, and then have to catch another one? Salmon are a pain to find and once I catch two more I would rather not have to go through that again.

Also, in checking out the endings guide, Bolgan and Meg each have two endings that are very similar. How does each on trigger? Meg's first (the one I've always gotten) is "Riding on Gadget, she took off on an adventure to find Juppo", and her other one is "Went on an adventure with Gagdet to find Juppo." Bolgan's first is
"Happily lives his life as a travelling performer," and his other one is "Returned to his life in the travelling circus, but continues to study hard." Pretty much the same thing in both cases, but I wonder what causes one and what causes the other to appear?

Plus, does Kasumi's "visits Gregminster" ending trigger simply by completing the McDohl quest or do you need to bring her along on the quest to get it?
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Re: Various Minor Silly Questions (mostly about character endings) **POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Post by Wolkendrache »

Fish won't be used up once you save it for the restaurant.

Meg ending: http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... =9&t=11662
I don't know about Bolgan, maybe the characters who are part of the ending animation with him are the key. So if they're not recruited you'll get the other ending, I guess.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
wataru14
Guide Writer

Re: Various Minor Silly Questions (mostly about character endings) **POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Post by wataru14 »

I read the topic. It seems we still don't know definitively what causes them, although the guesses are probably right. I'll have to test it out.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Watched the animation including Bolgan: too many characters are part of it, so I think Emilia as requirement sounds better, even though she doesn't appear in that animation. Maybe the animation does not always have something to do with the ending line (I mean indirectly), only in Meg's case?

Looking forward to your results!
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Maybe bolgan gets the "studies hard" ending if you use him for the green hill college mission?
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

I've never brought Bolgan (Luc has by far the best dialogue options) and I always get that ending.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Oh well. I nearly always use bolgan for greenhill because it's nice to get him away from those two slags.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I think Emily is the requirement. She leaves a letter in your comment box how hard Bolgan is studying. Then might have something to do with collecting all Old Books maybe, but I don't know.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Isn't Emily in Suikoden 3? I just can't recall any Emily in Suikoden 2
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

He means Emilia.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Confirmed. I sharked out Emilia and Tenkou and I got the different endings for Bolgan and Meg.

Now, does Kaumi have to be brought along on the McDohl quest to get her second ending or is just completing it enough? Hmmmm.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I guess completing it will be enough.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Emilia is optional. In addition, she can die in war battles.
Not recruiting her or letting her die triggers Bolgans second ending.

Kasumis second ending is triggered by recruiting McDohl, regardless of the party you bring along.