Stallion (Fighter or Mage??)

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Kibit1005

Stallion (Fighter or Mage??)

Post by Kibit1005 »

Since power and magic stones are unlimited in Suikoden 2 (thru climbing), which one do you prefer? A fighter or a magician Stallion? He has an A affinity to the wind element.. Also, he is an elf so he should be adept in magic. I made mine a mage,, Anyone else? Or is it just me who thinks that Stallion should be a mage rather than a fighter? XD
Omnigamer

Re: Stallion (Fighter or Mage??)

Post by Omnigamer »

Why can't he be both?

Load him up with Cyclone and underflow the Kindness rune on his weapon. Use magic where it makes sense, otherwise just decimate with normal attacks for single targets or unite with Kinnison/Ayda for an instant 500+ damage to everything at no cost.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

He's more useful for his TH rune,than his fighting skills actually.

There are much better fighters and mages than him.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

I don't want him to be power or magic stoned.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
Kibit1005

Post by Kibit1005 »

I made him one of my mages bec. I want him in my perm party, I can't live without his True Holy Rune (world map runner.. Hahahh!) so I pumped up his mag stat up to 175 just to achieve the 9/7/4/2 magic points. Tried giving him great hawk rune but not as powerful as The Shredding. And I don't want other archers in my party coz even with his unite with Ayda/Kinnison.. Shredding still deals more damage bec. of his affinity to wind. Deym... If not for his true holy rune........ XD
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Never use Stallion in battle. I only use him for his True Holy Speed Rune.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Last time I played Suikoden 2 I made Kinnison a fighter because his spell levels are pretty unremarkable, but with warrior or double strike rune I could increase his physical damage output and as a back row fighter he wasn't likely to receive the increased damage very often. But mage Stallion makes sense to me, especially since we couldn't have him using any additional runes in Suikoden 1, might as well have him come back with a bang in S2.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Warrior rune is just a waste of gold, only give a fourth of your PROT stat to ATK
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Kibit1005

Post by Kibit1005 »

Stallion is one of the best wind mages in suikoden 2, I have another save file with him only having 8/5/2/1 mp because I didn't use any magic stones. And with just 130 mag (without magic ring) his wind magic still deals great amount of damage. It is hard for me to not think of magic everytime I hear the word 'Elf'... Coz elves are magical creatures right? XD

When it comes to long range fighter, I prefer Sasuke with double beat and rage rune attached on his shuriken. Ninja's are cool. :D
suiken

Post by suiken »

He have Nanami-like MP so I don't mind putting him as a mage although you shouldn't use him like a powerhouse type (Luc, Mazus). His speed is his best feature. Good for first aid or support magics.
LucMcDohl

Post by LucMcDohl »

He is the second most powerful wind mage in the game only being outdone by Luc so... yeah he's pretty legit as a mage.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

I believe he should be more useful with a Gale rune,and have a couple of medicines in his inventory....no? :?: