Random Names

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
veeshadow

Re: Random Names

Post by veeshadow »

sticky-runes wrote:Quite a few names there that did become Suikoden characters in later games...
or taken for other JRPGs, I've seen like 4 "Tales of" games characters lol....

also what I don't get is why some girls name there hahaha....
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee89 ... encard.gif

S2 Perfect Game Challenge !!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBCB3CE3392687908

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Well this is Suikoden, where somebody named his son Sheena...
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

sticky-runes wrote:Well this is Suikoden, where somebody named his son Sheena...
And he looks like a girl.

And he's a womanizer.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Only 4 names out of 136 are solely female afaik: Kinshasa, Luna, Sophie, Soraya. Perfect names if you think you're a womanizer ;-)
Lepant: "This is my son Sheena."
Viktor: "This is Genkaku's son Luna."
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:
And he looks like a girl.

And he's a womanizer.

Personally i didn't pass him as a girl as i did with Tuta,Sasarai or Stallion :lol:
BrucePrintscreen

Wolkendrache wrote:Only 4 names out of 136 are solely female afaik: Kinshasa, Luna, Sophie, Soraya.
Kinshasa is a female name? I only knew it as the capital of DR Congo.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Sasarai10 wrote:Personally i didn't pass him as a girl as i did with Tuta,Sasarai or Stallion :lol:
Stallion?! In my country you'll say this to someone who has a serious testosterone surplus.
BrucePrintscreen wrote:Kinshasa is a female name? I only knew it as the capital of DR Congo.
and guess what, it means "city"
BrucePrintscreen

Wolkendrache wrote:
BrucePrintscreen wrote:Kinshasa is a female name? I only knew it as the capital of DR Congo.
Are you sure about it? I've been to Kinshasa a couple of times and I remember being told it was the name given to a market place that lied there before Europeans built a city, as it was more of a meeting point for merchants than a permanent settlement before. They called it Leopoldville and it was renamed Kinshasa after the independence as part of an africanization of names.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:
Wolkendrache wrote:
Are you sure about it? I've been to Kinshasa a couple of times and I remember being told it was the name given to a market place that lied there before Europeans built a city, as it was more of a meeting point for merchants than a permanent settlement before. They called it Leopoldville and it was renamed Kinshasa after the independence as part of an africanization of names.
Oh sorry, I misunderstood that. Sure, the name comes from a city, but doesn't mean city. Anyway, if you google you may find that it's used as a name for females, although I doubt that africans will name their daughters Kinshasa.
BrucePrintscreen

Many Congolese people (or other Francophone Africans actually) bear unusual first names that would only be used as words in French, concepts such as "Fortunate", "Happy", religious terms like "Blessed", or just very old fashioned first name. It is almost a stereotype of the Francophone French wearing such names, it may sounds funny at first but it is just a different cultural trend. I have to say I never met a Congolese named after a city, though. Only in Suikoden :P !
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Wolkendrache wrote: Stallion?! In my country you'll say this to someone who has a serious testosterone surplus.

His face was quite feminine just like Kirkis in S1. Strangely male elves in the further games they looked more masculine like Roland or Isato :lol: