[FAQ] Five Flying Squirrels

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Five Flying Squirrels

Post by KFCrispy »

Raikomaru wrote:Since you guys are talking about the flying squirrels here, mind if I pose a question?

I find myself, for the sake of RP's here or elsewhere, wanting to make a group of characters based on said squirrels, but I'm having trouble finding any mugshots of them anywhere. Does anyone have a link I could follow, or...?
try our Characters section
Raikomaru

Re: Five Flying Squirrels

Post by Raikomaru »

Thanks muchly. :)
despodinto

Re: [FAQ] Five Flying Squirrels

Post by despodinto »

What worked for me...

It took me 7 minutes to get makumaku

10 seconds to get mikumiku

3 hours to get mekumeku

the first time I tried to get that darn mokumoku, it took 5 hours, I reset the game, saved at forest village and it took me 30 seconds to get him on my next try... doubting myself, I saved on another block reset the game and loaded my first save. I tried the same method but I didn't get mokumoku in 30 seconds...

Instead I got him in 15 seconds...
*Lesson: Saving at Forest Village helps... and walking around helped me a lot too...
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

So all I have to do to get the squirrels is stand still at key locations? Is there a map to show where on the roads theres a higher chance of getting them?
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

I tried reading this entire topic its alot to sift through.

SO what i got was.

Bring Riou, Mukumuku, and Stallion.

Walk constantly on the path and go in and out of towns?

Is there anything I forgot that someone can add? Im not even sure if anyone is loooking at this sticky topic to notice im posting.
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I notice all your posting. Don't double post.

Just stand in the appropriate area. You don't need Stallion. You don't even need to move. You just need to have an empty slot and to wait.
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

Searched for hours and coulden't get a single squirrel

Then I tried "Pesmerga VS. Yuber" tips about saving at hilda's then going to look for the squirrles and I got all of them in under 10 mins. I doubt thats enough to call it proof but with a few more people trying it after a string of bad luck we may be able to call it fact.

I also had Mokumoku recruited back in Kayro Town

I had
1)Just Passed the attempted Muse assassination by Jowy right before Neclord/tinto event
2)Only had Riou and Stallion in my group and continuesly moved.
3)Ran from every battle (I'm sure this probably doesn't matter)
4)After getting a squirrel went back to base slept/saved then back to get another.

at one point I had trouble with MekuMeku and went back to sleep/save again and he showed up right away my second attempt.

Before this tip I spent 4+ hours standing and/or walking around with not a single squirrel

After it took me less then 10min to get all the squirrels.

with only 2 people having done this to get it to my Knowledge it may not be Proof but at the very least its a theory with a good outlook.
Non Serviam

Post by Non Serviam »

question about Mukumuku...

I'm just past the liberation of Greenhill, I've gotten all of the SoDs besides Mukumuku, totally forgot about him back in Kyaro...

Near the Muse-Greenhill border...does he join in a random enemy encounter, or does he just pop up out of nowhere? I haven't played through II in a couple of years or so, and I forgot how this is done...
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

You don't have to fight any battle. Have an empty party slot, and simply stand along the route. Walking is also possible, but that'd trigger unnecessary random battles.
Non Serviam

Post by Non Serviam »

patapi wrote:You don't have to fight any battle. Have an empty party slot, and simply stand along the route. Walking is also possible, but that'd trigger unnecessary random battles.
is there a certain spot where I'm supposed to stand? I've been doing this for several hours with no luck, with only Riou in the party.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

From our guide: http://www.suikosource.com/games/sod.php?pf=S2

Wander the path from Greenhill to the Muse/Greenhill Border until he enters your active party. There must be a free spot in the party.

Try standing on the path. It is random though, so it might take a minute. Or it might take more, much more.
brett

Post by brett »

i found the the luckier ur team is the more chance u have of getting them my main character had 255 luck and got the the first 3 in under 20 mins or so having already for the red cape one from the tree at the start. the last one i needed to get more people so i took the 4 people with the highest luck value and got him within 5 mins or so.

i did try when i didnt have as much luck value on my own about 120 ish and searched for 5 hours + and didnt get any.
Rowin

Post by Rowin »

Okay, so there is alot to read through here, and it seems that there are many different methods and tips. I offer my own questions.

1. What is the fastest way to gather the squirrels?

2. Does standing in a spot on each road get you each squirrel, or just Mokumoku?

3. Is there a map of the spots you need to stand at?

4. What effect does it have if you did not recruit Mukumuku at Kyaro, but waited to get him on the Greenhill/Muse road? Does this alter any of the previous given advice?

Note: I read to page 5 of this thread.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

1. What is the fastest way to gather the squirrels?
It seems to be to take nobody else so you have 5 free party slots, and apparently each empty slot in your party gets the chance to get the squirrel.

2. Does standing in a spot on each road get you each squirrel, or just Mokumoku?
standing in the right area/spot works for all of them

3. Is there a map of the spots you need to stand at?
i've seen pictures on the net, but we don't have one...

4. What effect does it have if you did not recruit Mukumuku at Kyaro, but waited to get him on the Greenhill/Muse road? Does this alter any of the previous given advice?
No
Rowin

Post by Rowin »

Hmm, I searched around for about 15 minutes for the maps, but was not able to find any. Can you point me to some, or perhaps where these spots are? Are they on the road between greenhill and each city? Or is there a specific spot you must sit for each squirrel?