[FAQ] Five Flying Squirrels

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Pessu

Post by Pessu »

Oppenheimer wrote:
Pessu wrote: I confirm this one. I got makumaku in 5 minutes. I've played S2 trought 5 times never getting him. I stand next to two river's kobolb section for about 30 seconds -> go into the town, check inv -> repeat. Also check inv before entering two river.
I don't mean to burst your bubble but I think it's random for getting them. You were just lucky this time. It doesn't have anything to do with going into a town or not.
I believe it does. I've spent hours'n hours wondering between greenhill and two river without luck. Or maybe its just about standing still? Well im gonna try to get the other this way too and we'll see.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Pessu wrote: Or maybe its just about standing still?
It's been discussed that you don't actually have to be moving to get them. Standing still works just fine, assuming you're in the right area.
Pessu

Post by Pessu »

Oppenheimer wrote:
Pessu wrote: Or maybe its just about standing still?
It's been discussed that you don't actually have to be moving to get them. Standing still works just fine, assuming you're in the right area.
And the area is always different right? So that means if you keep re-entering a town and use the same spot to stand on you'll get lucky at some point :P
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

You could, but standing on the correct spot will also work. Going into the town isn't going to help but it won't hurt your chances of getting him either.
Foxx

Post by Foxx »

I only joined the forum to give a tip to people having trouble.

I just found all the squirrels today and here's what I did.
I walked along the first path with just the red squirrel with Riou, after a LONG while I got the blue one then started off for the pink one near the forest village. Oh my god was my thumb hurting like crazy and I wanted to make sure I was on the right path so I went here to see what you guys had to say. I saw the tip about standing in the correct spot and did it for about 6 hours with still no pink squirrel so then I just started to walk again, I was seriously getting a head ache like I always do and was like "Screw this, I'm taking stallion with me" and then brought him. With just seconds the ps2 froze Riou for a brief second and made a sound (I had the volume muted because there’s so much you can only take from the happy traveling tune) - I had finally got the pink squirrel! Then I saved and went for the green one on the last trail - within just seconds I got him - seriously, I'm not lying not EVEN a minute. Then I went for the last and hardest one, and just got it once again within just seconds.

After reading the trouble some of you had, I just wanted to give you a helpful tip that really did help me - use stallion.
I know the squirrels are random like one user said, Killey I think - but Stallion really did help me like I said.
I don't think anyone should stand in one place, eh... it's just pointless and takes longer.

Now if you use Stallion and your a person who keeps all the squirrels you caught with you just for luck, just remove one of them to have Stallion while still having room for the last squirrel.

I really hope this tip helps someone out - I can't say it'll work 100%, but with the results I got - it's worth trying.

Also you don't need the Champion Rune if you use Stallion - he's very good at running away, infact I got to run away every time.

Good luck!
Nozomi_Tsuji

Post by Nozomi_Tsuji »

That's because of Stallion's rune, the True Holy Rune or whatever its called. It ensures 100% escape rate as well as speed you up on the world map.
Let's Folk - Nono-chan ^^
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

I allways recomended Stallion, I have lot of replies in this topic, and there is Stallion involved in every one...
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
reinen

Post by reinen »

just like foxx, i just entered this forum to give you guys whose having a hard time finding mokumoku...

ive played suikoden2 back when i was in 1st year high school, ive repeated the game a few times back then but i never got mokumoku (without the help of a gameshark). and now that i already finished schooling and is currently working, i decided to play it again.

minutes ago, i just had one of my most fulfilling moments in my life. i got mokumoku!!!!!

i just followed foxx's advice. i had riou, mukumuku and stallion in my party. then i went inside forest village then out again to the edge of the clearing then back again inside. it did not take me five minutes! thanks foxx for the tip!!!! woohoo!!!!

this is the path that i took:

forest village
.........#...................
..............#.......................
.......................#.......................
@@@@@.....................#...............
@@@@@@@@.....................#..........
@@@@@@@@@@@@@...........#
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@.......#................
@@@@@@@@@...............#..................
@@@@...................#.....................
@.....########.....................................
@@@@@@@@@@@.....................

@ - forest
..... - grass
# - the path that i took

- sorry stallion for copying your diagram ^__________^
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

Pesmerga VS. Yuber wrote:I allways recomended Stallion, I have lot of replies in this topic, and there is Stallion involved in every one...
That's because I'm awesome. Everyone loves Stallion both for my amazing speed and :
reinen wrote:- sorry stallion for copying your diagram ^__________^
Because I've done that diagram at least twice in this thread, including the first page and it never ceases to amaze me how often people still ask about it without looking!!

Oh and no problem reinen, good to see someone paying attention.
putu_138

Post by putu_138 »

Hehehehe everybody like Stallion.
Everybody need him in Suikoden 1^^
sabaku_no_gaara

Post by sabaku_no_gaara »

the unite of the squirrels are weird.. oh yeah
you dont need all the squirrel to have the good ending.
just get mukumuku, the others are just extra fun. :)
ALONE..... i love myself.....
MaximillianKnight

Post by MaximillianKnight »

I know it can take a while to get Mokumoku... but perhaps I'm sitting in the wrong area. I've left my PS on overnight for 3 nights now as well as when I go to class, with Riou sitting in the designated area, and still no Mokumoku. Is there a better place to sit in the arrow shaped jutting that's more likely to get "pathed" into than others?

Edit: to better show what I mean, as to where I'm waiting, I drew a crappy picture via Paint

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/8920 ... okuqv5.png
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

I'd like to point out that whoever you have in your active party has no bearing on what happens when you try to get the squirrels.

I've waited for hours for Mokumoku and mere minutes for others, but nothing seems to have changed by having a near-full party, an empty party, having one or multiple other squirrels or anything else like that.
Formerly known as: Gothann
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

so you can have non-squirrels like Viktor in your party? i always thought it was Riou and squirrels only.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Anyone works. All needed is an open slot for the squirrel.

Riou with Champion Rune and Stallion in the party is the shiznit for getting them.