[FAQ] Five Flying Squirrels

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Benthos

Re: Five Flying Squirrels

Post by Benthos »

Well, I don't know if someone said this before, but I'll say that I do not stand still on that place (I keep walking around the point) and still got Mokumoku. It worked 2 times in a row. The thing is to be around the correct point that Mokumoku will get to you.

Edited: I always get him (and the other squirrels besides Mukumuku) right before going to the final battle on L'Renouille
Last edited by Benthos on Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wilshire81182

Post by Wilshire81182 »

I just got all my 5 squirrels earlier this week.
I kept going in and out of town to "reset" where the squirrels would randomly appear.
I went into Greenhill and spoke to the girl who is walking by herself in a corner to get the next location.

Once I had the place, I ran around with Stallion and Riou running from any random battles.
The first squirrel (blue) is in between Greenhill and Two River City
The second (pink) is between Forest Village and Greenhill.
The third (green) is up by Matilda on the path.
The final of the four (yellow) is in the clearing.
I listened to people's descriptions and waited in the clearing.
I walked all the way to the end of the windy path at the very left of the clearing and put my controller down to read the web.
This whole process only took about 20 minutes once I read the descriptions. So thank you!

The other problem I am having is after I got the blue and pink squirrels, I teleported back to my castle to take them out of my party. I then went back to get the others. When I went back and put all 5 in my party, two of them (Mikumiku (pink) and Makumaku (blue)) are level 255 and have aweesome maxed out stats. While this is really good statwise, I know it is a glitch because their HP are highlighted red in battle and they are hunched over like they are going to die. When they are hit by an enemy, it only takes off 1 point but the squirrel who is hit dies. I wanted to know if there is any way to fix a glitch like this? I like that their stats are so high and they can take off as much as my stronger characters, but I cannot use them in battle if any kit will kill them.

I was thinking a sacrificial Jizo or something could work, but I didn't play around with it yet.
Any suggestions would be truly awesome! I almost think that it is Konami's revenge for using the armor glitch for money and I may have to replay the game through!
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

I was so happy when I found Mukumuku ( don't use internet to look up how to get people, :idea: just used instincts on the tree that I saw in a cut scene, seemed special so I clicked it a couple times) When you goto meet Nanami go to the right of the house instead and talk to the tree, takes like 3 times.
As for the other squirrels (I know how to get them) but I only have one....I spend FOREVER walking the paths then I found out you have to have a free space :| ...did the free space thing and still took like 2+ hours and nothing...
Got Mukumuku in my party with a free space, joined withing the first 5 minutes.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

KFCrispy wrote:-Has anyone gotten all 4 squirrels with HQ level 2 very early in the game?
Yep, I got them as soon as I got Stallion. Ironically, Mokumoku (the yellow blind one) joined the fastest when in my other games it usually took 5-10 minutes to get him to come. This time he joined within 10 seconds of entering that clearing. XD
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

I think that entering a town such as forest village may actually hellp get a squirrel into your party.

A strange occurance happend last time i went to recruit either mekumeku or mokumoku or both, while i was searching for one of them i was walking along the path and so when i wasn't having any luck in getting them, i went to forest village for a forgotten reason, but when i entered the village i put up the menu and mekumeku was in my party, somehow he snuck in. This happend to my mokumoku when i was just on the world map and put up the menu.
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤
grumble_cakes

Post by grumble_cakes »

hmmm I've noticed the forum code insists on displaying the image URL I posted incorrectly so here it is again.
Last edited by grumble_cakes on Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

grumble_cakes wrote:hmmm I've noticed the forum code insists on displaying the image URL I posted incorrectly so here it is again.

http://www.figwitlives.net/images/mokumoku.jpg
that reminds me of when someone asked where mokumoku was on my forum, they showed that same map and i edited it to show where the area where you can get mokumoku, granted i did it poorly but it seems to help.

The image was uploaded onto my forum so the images name starts with the forums name.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Suikocross/i ... id=4630361
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤
Masamune.

Post by Masamune. »

Damn those squirrels to the ninth circle of hell! I left Riou just outside the Greenhill-Muse checkpoint, but nothing...zero...bupkis. Did Konami really think it would be entertaining to wait aimlessly until an oversized squirrel joins your party? D:

EDIT: Well, I finally got Mukumuku. I decided to level up some characters as I meandered around Greenhill/Muse looking for him, and collected a fair bit of potch along the way (later blown at the blacksmith).
Suikidal

Post by Suikidal »

Masamune. wrote:Damn those squirrels to the ninth circle of hell! I left Riou just outside the Greenhill-Muse checkpoint, but nothing...zero...bupkis. Did Konami really think it would be entertaining to wait aimlessly until an oversized squirrel joins your party? D:

EDIT: Well, I finally got Mukumuku. I decided to level up some characters as I meandered around Greenhill/Muse looking for him, and collected a fair bit of potch along the way (later blown at the blacksmith).

LOL i remember when i first found Mukumuku, it was when i'd beat the Beast Rune and went stomping about looking for the 11 stars i was missing, and by chance walked through the Muse-Greenhill checkpoint and he was in my party. I've completed the game a few times since then, and only found 4 of the 5 squirrels, no result after searching for hours for the ellusive Mokumoku, but after reading Stallion's map and waiting in different spots of the clearing i still had no luck. I've seen other posts about people putting Stallion into the party and walking about.. So I put him in my party and after about 10 minutes of wandering, my ps3 made a slight noise and Riou sorta stopped in the middle of walking and i opened the menu, and there was Mokumoku :D

Have to say the 5 Squirrel unite attack is funny to watch, its like some sort of Flying Squirrel Power Rangers pose before it happens :lol: Even though the first time i tried it, poor Mokumoku was left holding the enemy when the rest of them went up into the air so i guessed it failed.. Soon after, it worked though :D
Lourde Incarnadine

Post by Lourde Incarnadine »

Interestingly enough, the Squirrels apparently count towards the 80-character requirement to recruit Bob. So I can have him in time for the Luca Blight fight even if I get Valeria instead of Kasumi. :D
Suikidal

Post by Suikidal »

Lourde Incarnadine wrote:Interestingly enough, the Squirrels apparently count towards the 80-character requirement to recruit Bob. So I can have him in time for the Luca Blight fight even if I get Valeria instead of Kasumi. :D
80 character requirement? i thought u recruit him after killing Luca? I always do.. :S

They don't count for the over 100 characters to get Pesmerga, Mazus, Sasuke, Mondo, Genshu or Vincent though
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

Lourde Incarnadine wrote:Interestingly enough, the Squirrels apparently count towards the 80-character requirement to recruit Bob. So I can have him in time for the Luca Blight fight even if I get Valeria instead of Kasumi. :D
That is true. I remember having him in my party while fighting with Luca.
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Suikidal wrote:
80 character requirement? i thought u recruit him after killing Luca? I always do.. :S

They don't count for the over 100 characters to get Pesmerga, Mazus, Sasuke, Mondo, Genshu or Vincent though
that's because those guys require your HEADQUARTERS to be a certain level rather than having a certain number of recruits. Your HQ upgrades based on how many SODs you find, and 4 squirrels are not Stars.
Harmonian

Post by Harmonian »

well, I just got the three of them.
Mekumeku and Mokumoku is sure hard to find.

is Mekumeku inside the mathilda forest or in the road between the forest and greenhill?
Raikomaru

Post by Raikomaru »

Since you guys are talking about the flying squirrels here, mind if I pose a question?

I find myself, for the sake of RP's here or elsewhere, wanting to make a group of characters based on said squirrels, but I'm having trouble finding any mugshots of them anywhere. Does anyone have a link I could follow, or...?