[FAQ] Five Flying Squirrels

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

KFCrispy wrote:so you can have non-squirrels like Viktor in your party? i always thought it was Riou and squirrels only.
While walking up toward Forest Village after having finished the Unicorn Quest, I recruited Mokumoku three steps out from Two River. My party at the time was Riou, Futch, Humphrey, Shiro, Nanami.
Formerly known as: Gothann
lucky

how???

Post by lucky »

how can i get the other squirrel?? i only get the one w/ red cape, blue n pink.... but the rest are difficult to gett... plzzzz... help!!!
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Re: Five Flying Squirrels

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

You only have to have a lot of patience. Or you could use gameshark.
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
Iku

Post by Iku »

i just got mokumoku, i was there for less then 5 seconds znd he came, i just disease what stallion said and went into the corner .... wooh!!! :P
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
-enishi-

Post by -enishi- »

I have a lot of mporblems with them, I remeber, than one, the last one the yellow,have the picture of riou :shock: :shock: really, and i couldnt have them, not at least if rickmond dosent serch for them first, mi CD will die eny of this days :( :cry:
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

there used to be a japanese website with a large sketch of the area and circles or spots of where to get the squirrels. does anyone know the site or have the picture they made?

by the way, i believe each squirrel has a different "earliest" recruit time. after each major plot point, i've gotten a squirrel instantly, and waiting for the next squirrel produces no results... finishing the next major plot instantly got me the next squirrel.

I got Makumaku as I stepped out of Greenhill. i think it was the school event but could be wrong. waited for hours (left the game on -_-) for Mikumiku, gave up.
After finishing the Tinto/Neclord events or liberating Greenhill, i walked towards the large tree in the path and instantly got Mikumiku.

-Has anyone gotten all 4 squirrels with HQ level 2 very early in the game?
Iku

Post by Iku »

i did i got them before i went to greenhill to do the school/ liberate teresa mission! :o
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
AlphaSigmaOne

Post by AlphaSigmaOne »

KFCrispy wrote:there used to be a japanese website with a large sketch of the area and circles or spots of where to get the squirrels. does anyone know the site or have the picture they made?

by the way, i believe each squirrel has a different "earliest" recruit time. after each major plot point, i've gotten a squirrel instantly, and waiting for the next squirrel produces no results... finishing the next major plot instantly got me the next squirrel.

I got Makumaku as I stepped out of Greenhill. i think it was the school event but could be wrong. waited for hours (left the game on -_-) for Mikumiku, gave up.
After finishing the Tinto/Neclord events or liberating Greenhill, i walked towards the large tree in the path and instantly got Mikumiku.

-Has anyone gotten all 4 squirrels with HQ level 2 very early in the game?
I just checked on this. I got them all right before the Luca fight. However, I cannot comment on how long it took. Since I'm playing on an emulator, I set the frame-rate to about 350 fps (almost 6x speed) and left in on and came back to check on in every half-hour or so. It took several hours. (Probably 20 hours of simulated game-time.), but I found all of them.

However, I don't know if your observation is entirely false. It might have something to do with the number of starts. Since I had everyone that could possibly be recruited at that point (which is like 75%), I was able to find them.

Because, isn't the level two castle requisite having finished Two-River and NOT the number of stars? I mean I can't say for sure because I've always had the highest possible number of starts after I finish it, but even if it didn't, does it the castle still become level two?
Uh Oh
grumble_cakes

Post by grumble_cakes »

omg I can't believe I spent all that time looking for Mokumoku in the wrong place! Stupid Richmond said it's "around Forest village" so I just wandered the area directly south of the village for hours. :evil:

Here is a screenshot with the correct location.

I got Mokumoku a 2-3 minutes after I first got there (I did have Stallion in my party but I don't really know if that makes a difference). This thread was very helpful. Thanks guys!
Last edited by grumble_cakes on Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Because, isn't the level two castle requisite having finished Two-River and NOT the number of stars? I mean I can't say for sure because I've always had the highest possible number of starts after I finish it, but even if it didn't, does it the castle still become level two?
Every castle lv has two requirements. A certain number of stars and a progress in the story line.

celes
Jam-Jul Lison

Post by Jam-Jul Lison »

I wasted an hour trying to get Makumamu. Then I decided to try put stallion in with myself. Within 10 minutes of beginning my search again I found him. Then i began my search for Mikimiku. In about 15 min, I found her. Then I went to find Mekumeku. In about 10 min I found him. Then I went to get Mokumoku. It took me 3-5 min to find him. If anything I would say he was the easiest for me to find. lol. Though I owe all this to the help that was provided on this thread. Thanks guys. In my entire time of playing this game, It is only my second time getting them all. I know I got the others once before a long time ago but I had forgotten where exactly each of them were. lol. I think when I found Mokumoku the very first time it was as I entered forest village once. I walked and looked at my party and there he was. lol. Needless to say these furballs can be a pain to get or easy as hell. lol. Also I would to let people know that the earliest I think you can get them is right after you defend two river. It might also be possible to get some of them right after the fall of muse too though. Though in order to get into the greenhill area at that point in time, you need to use the Matilda Glitch. Then in order to get back to coronet to actually use the boat, you have to take the boat from Lakewest to Kukas then walk from there to Radet and exit from there to the mercenary fort side. lol. I know this cause I did this just a little while back. On the bright side I was able to recruit the bath guy and that old lady who wears pink early. Sorry I forget the names off hand and do not feel like going and looking right now. lol. Also I could have recruited Hans early too but I decided to just charge him the 300,000 and then get him when I got back to two-river later on. lol. I will have to check sometime to see if I can get those squirles early on then. I might also try it before the fall of muse sometime too. I know Suikosource says castle level 2, but it might be worth a shot to try to see if I can get them early too. I also got an evil plan for Luca when it is time for me to fight him. When I get back into the Muse area, kill White Tigers for a bunch of double beat runes and put them on all my Squirells. Then stick them in Victor's party when the time comes. I also got a double beat rune on him already. I just want to see who is defeated first. My army of squirells + victor or Luca. lol. I might stick them in Flik's party though and slap a water rune on Flik and put him in the back so he can restore my little furry friends while they proceed to pound Luca. lol

*Edit: Another interesting tidbit of info. Right now I am a level 42, I have the friendship rune on my weapon. I think I was a 41 before I began my search. My attack was 162, now it is 167 after leveling up and getting those squirells. I know they are not Stars of Destiny but I am wondering maybe if those squirells helped to up my attack with the friendship ruin a little. lol. Also I almost forgot. I did recruit two people after getting them. So it could have just been from the level up. Then again with suikoden games it can be hard to tell. lol
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i'm pretty sure a lot of non-star characters count for the Friendship Rune. since you actually recruit the squirrels, they are very likely candidates for boosting it.
Jam-Jul Lison

Post by Jam-Jul Lison »

KFCrispy wrote:i'm pretty sure a lot of non-star characters count for the Friendship Rune. since you actually recruit the squirrels, they are very likely candidates for boosting it.

That sounds logical to me. This is my first actually using it. Usually i just sell it. lol. I must say I like it though and it seems fitting for the Riou to have such as rune as is.
Stallion

Re:

Post by Stallion »

Seems I need to put this on every page of this thread, if people read the first page they'd not have any trouble.
Stallion wrote:FINDING the 5th Squirrel. Here's a map. Remember that standing still is the key, and that it is random and he may not appear for hours. Browse the net with this running like so.

Code: Select all

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 
XXXX Forest Village XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
X....................#...................XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxx
........................#...........................XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
.............................#....................................................................
XXXXXXXXX.....................#..........................................................
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX............................#.... This is the path................
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx........................#...............................
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx.......................#.............
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX................#........
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX FOREST XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxx................#....
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx...........................#...
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX..................................#...
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx..........................#...
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx.......................................................#....
XXXXXXXXXx...................................................................................#...
XXXX..............................................................................................#..
XX ......................STAND STILL IN HERE................................................
XXXXXXX...........................................................................................
XXXXXXXXXXXxx................................................................................
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.....................................................................
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.......................................
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx...........................

XXXX trees
....... grass
#### path
Sorry about the dots, it doesn't like multispaces
Stallion... aka Falcon Critical.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

use the {code} tag to use a fixed-width font!