[FAQ] Five Flying Squirrels

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

So if we can recruit them in town, could you just stand in Greenhill and get the first four? All the paths you need to walk connect to this city.
weird_name_lah

Post by weird_name_lah »

Well, I guess theoretically it's possible to even get all 5 because as everyone else has emphasised, getting moku2 is random. But, I think to explain why all of us have coincidences in getting moku2, probably specific areas have higher percentage of getting the squirrels. This is just an assumption based on no evidence whatsoever though.

So, I think that even though it's possible, it may take you forever to get all 5 as the chance of getting them in Greenhill may be extremely low in the first place.
blassty

When

Post by blassty »

Is it safe to assume that you can get mokumoku (or any of the other non-star squirrels) at any point in the game?

I've had my character sit in the open field for 4-5 hours and no squirrel.
:( I'm gonna try having MukuMuku in the party and try again.

--blassty
#$%#$@ squirrels keeping me up all night ;)
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

You can get the other squirrels anytime after rescuing Teresa and escaping Greenhill. I don't know if it makes the process faster, but from my experience, putting Stallion in the party, as well as having *Champion's attached made it faster... but it's probably just my luck.
Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Stallion wrote:Actually the most common case is... them little squirrels. Each has a different rune affinity and each can only take one elemental rune. The Blue caped squirrel uses water and has the highest magic stat and therefore the lowest fail chance.
I'd say the most common case is Viki, seeing as how she has an E affinity for every common magic rune in the game ("common" excludes both Rune of Beginning components, White Saint and Soul Eater). And E affinity means that a person does 20% more damage with a rune (I believe this is the same amount as a B affinity) and gives the rune a chance to backfire and hit the whole party.

Also, is there any proof that a higher Magic stat lowers the backfire chance?

I've had a backfire happen to me in Suikoden III as well, but only using Blue Gate, and only with Viki.
Taio

Post by Taio »

Most of the things said in this post are true. I don't know if this will make sense, but i believe that the reason you can stay in one place and still have the squirrels join you is because they are invisible and moving triggers*, and the squirrels 2-4 are the easiest to get simply because walk along their respective paths. However, Moku's area is more expansive, therefore i recommended that when you attempt to get MokuMoku, that you stand at the mouth of the forest in moku's location so that the trigger will have a higher probability of running into the Hero, specifically because the area is less expansive. The reasoning being, there is a higher chance that the mokumoku trigger will enter the foresty area and exit it, therefore raising the probability that the hero will be encountered by the trigger, in effect adding moku to your party.

This is similar to how newer rpgs use on-screen monsters/triggers to activate battle sequences. I'm not sure if this makes sense, but if you understand the concept, getting mokumoku becomes alot less tedious.

Thanks for your time.

*Encounters with triggers are verfied by the psx loading sound that we all love.
striker

Post by striker »

highwind44029 wrote:You can get the other squirrels anytime after rescuing Teresa and escaping Greenhill. I don't know if it makes the process faster, but from my experience, putting Stallion in the party, as well as having *Champion's attached made it faster... but it's probably just my luck.
I havent liberated greenhill yet,and ive got muku,miku,and maku,so i think you can get the squirels once you go to 2 rivers
RiouXEilie supporter.It was true love when the first knife missed.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Well if you can also use Richmond he'll tell the path to find the specific squirrel. I got all 5, their unite is basically carrying away the enemy like the Eagle Man enemy. You get no experience from it.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Gerly

Post by Gerly »

sorry there isa a web site where I can find the map of ALL the squirrel? thanks.
Kwaky

Post by Kwaky »

Yeah... I'm having trouble with this as well... after waiting 6 hours, I just decided to put this off until the end... :roll:
x_mage24

Post by x_mage24 »

yipikiyayey21 wrote:What are those correct spots? Is that anywhere along the paths previously mentioned?

[21]
:o thank you! I've been trying to get the squirrels, and now I know that you can stand anywhere, I can do anything I want after that. thankyou so much whoever first posted this tip!
Kirke

Post by Kirke »

Hey x_mage... you should get rid of that enormous picture in your signature. You can't have pictures on these boards. Make it 80x80 and you can use it as your avatar, though.
Duke

Five Flying Squirrels

Post by Duke »

x mage24 you gatta get rid of the pictures unless you wanna be a bandwitchthief!!
Black Knight Yuber

Five Flying Squirrels

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

Not even the 5 squirrel squad members can handle this monstrosity. The furball has landed.
nadz

uhmm, about Mokumoku....

Post by nadz »

Is it true that i can get Mokumoku even though i'm not walking and by just standing still?... why can't i get mokumoku? i've benn walking around the clearing map for about 5hrs but still i cant get him??? =(